General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Fluek was your intuition in gender right last time? Boys are lovely but same sex siblings really do have a special bond.

I will maybe look at some boy pitfits but we are strapped for money and already have plenty of boy clothes. Maybe that's also part of the issue? Last time I got to do the clothes thing, and plan his nursery, etc. This time there's nothing special to do to prepare for another boy's arrival. He'll be getting all the hand-me-downs and sharing a room with Lev.

Kit something small is totally appropriate for the first bday. Big parties are more for the parents I think...at least ours was :haha: how has your SO warmed up to the idea of pregnancy/twins? Can you speak openly about it now?

Absolutely, although big partys are sometimes lotsa fun for their first birthday, its stressful & can be expensive, just have a few balloons, could always make a Cake or ask a talented family member - mine would be my younger sister, shes great at Baking :)

Although we took Nuala to the Zoo for her birthday, if we had made a picnic to take it wouldve been lots cheaper, we only entry for me, SO & Riley, less than £50 total! we actually only buyed her a really cool Monkey from the gift shop for her gift, didnt even get her a Card lol but she had so much from everyone else.. if u are feeling it, dont feel any bad feelings about not really doing much or buying Evie anything, she wont remember hun :)

Shae did u start taking your combi Pill the same day as iud removal? If so, it could be an overload of hormones from both, did u not have to wait until the first day of the period officially starting before taking Pill so the iud hormones tail off abit? Sorry your still feeling under the weather, coincidently it could always be a Virus u have..

Jez, i just had a quick mooch on Instagram this morning & the pics upliaded from the Besties wedding are simply lovely, everyone looks beautiful <3 hope Tilly was ok with being flower girl & the speech went well for you :)

CB yes, I took the first pill 6 hours after the IUD was removed. The doctor said to start it the same day (or next morning if doing morning doses) cuz fertility returns immediately upon removal (in theory). My mom says I have a bunch of swollen lymph nodes on my neck as well as symptoms of esophageal inflammation aka esophagitis (caused by the vomiting she thinks). My throat feels like it&#8217;s trying to cut off my air supply, tight and swollen, and I get occasional achey or sharp pain in my chest. I&#8217;ve never had any esophageal issues after throwing up before, but she says that estrogen can make you more prone to that kind of stuff. So my esophagus is angry and I&#8217;m apparently fighting off some kind of infection. I also have insomnia and now the normal sleep schedule I&#8217;ve had the past 2 weeks has been destroyed.

Gig- Re: insurance. If you take her to small claims and she DOESN'T pay you, her license will be suspended. It happened to an old friend of mine years back. She got into a minor accident and didn't have insurance coverage at the time. (She thought she was on her parents' plan but apparently her mom only had her vehicle insured but didn't include her daughter as an insured driver, so insurance refused to cover it.) The other driver sued her and since she kept blowing off the payments, her license was eventually suspended.

Cb- Happy belated bday to Nuala! :kiss:

Today is the first day back to school for my older two. Brenna starts tomorrow but it's only for two days a week. It's so quiet in this house!

Aww thanku Bdb :)

Quite jel that your kids have gone back to school, its only been couple of wks & Rileys a pain in the tooshy lol! Only just over 3 wks left ahh :haha:

Shae fx your virus will shift quickly hun, im sure your sleep pattern will resume to normal as soon as your feeling lots better :hugs:

Bdb good quiet or you miss them quiet or both lol

Shae that&#8217;s interesting they didn&#8217;t start you before. I hear it takes 1-2 weeks for the pull to become effective/they usually want a full month and I read usually they start you a week before removal. But more importantly I hope you feel better!

Gigs that is hard I think the shopping and nesting is a big part of bonding. I have seen some parents make a sub divide of the room and dedicate an area to the newborn and decorate that.

Fluek I vote go for the package! Like you said this time won&#8217;t come around again

Kit you can have a low key potluck party. The decor and fanciful junk is for the parents. People just want to celebrate her and hang with you. I would totally bring food and presents, esp if I knew you had twins and were trying to save money/even if you weren&#8217;t everyone loves a pot luck and with google sheets so easy to do a sign up

Future aw I&#8217;m sorry this wasn&#8217;t your month. Fx&#8217;d for this new cycle!

CB I feel a lot like how parents do, wanting their kids to go back to school because less stress. I can&#8217;t wait to get back to college and away from the stress my parents cause lol. This summer has been driving me mad. School has its own stresses, but at least I&#8217;m mostly in control of my environment. Sorry Riley is being a tooshy haha, what&#8217;s he been doing?

Dobs everywhere I&#8217;ve read has said 7 days, and my doctor said to wait 7 days before sex without condoms as well. The info that came with the pills said to start the same day as IUD removal and wait 7 days as well. Hopefully 7 days is enough haha, SO and I are ready to jump back into it :sex: :haha:
I hope you feel better as well!

Yeah the 7 day rule stands here with the combi pill aswell unless using confoms and/or you start the pill on day of your period so your technically covered straight away.. uhh Rileys just mainly bored but hes also being very cheeky, talking back with attitude if I ask him to do anything like take your Toys upstairs, stop annoying your sister etc.. usualy shit really but when its term time its only mainly wknds & not all week Lol! Usually i destress with my glass of wine but thats a no no atm, not long left haha

Oh Dobs get well soon aswell my lovely, big hugs

This baby keeps kicking or punching my bowels & it feels like i need to keep chuffing :haha: lil chimp!

Dobs what are you sick with? Hope it passes quickly.

I'm chikdren dodging myself as both boys have colds -.- it's inevitable I'll get it but hopefully I surprise myself.

That's a thought, decorating part of the room. Alternatively I may just modify the decor, like add some cacti around the place and change the paintings.

Cb hope it's at least reassuring to feel the constant movement! I am starting to feel slight nudges (I think) but not 100% sure. I think I'll feel better when I can feel them undoubtedly.

Kit how many rooms does the new house have? Were you able to sort everything out with the money?

Dobs what are you sick with? Hope it passes quickly.

I'm chikdren dodging myself as both boys have colds -.- it's inevitable I'll get it but hopefully I surprise myself.

That's a thought, decorating part of the room. Alternatively I may just modify the decor, like add some cacti around the place and change the paintings.

Cb hope it's at least reassuring to feel the constant movement! I am starting to feel slight nudges (I think) but not 100% sure. I think I'll feel better when I can feel them undoubtedly.

Kit how many rooms does the new house have? Were you able to sort everything out with the money?

New place is only 4 rooms (we were hoping to have a spare room) it&#8217;s cool, the twins will be with us for a bit then they can share whilst we move again. Money is tight but we&#8217;ll get by, I go back to work soon so that will be a big boost in income! Party is a no go, it&#8217;s too stressful! I need peace in all honesty, my family are coming to visit on that weekend, might do something really small for eves but I am not organising anything proper!

Hope you don&#8217;t get sick gigs, pregnancy and illness are awful!!

Shae that honestly sounds awful!!! I hope you get better soon!

Shae sorry you are having issues with the pill. My main thing going on or coming off is it messes with my emotions where I'm a total B!+$&.

Sorry you are fighting an infection during this too. Maybe afterwards you can get back on your sleep schedule.

Gigs my initial intuition with V was girl. I had a boy dream in late first tri and it made me chsnge my mind. So I still say I was right because I had that strong feeling initially.

Ah, I suppose that's true aboit being a lot of hand me downs. Same here if it's another girl. Well, of it's a boy we will probably get a lot of hand me downs from my nephews.

Hope you manage to skip the sickness. I only got a gi virus when pregnant with V. It was miserable but it was only a day. I dread getting a cold or the flu while pregnant.
Bdb enjoy the peace and quiet :)

CB happy 22 weeks.

Sorry Riley is being cheeky.

What is chuffing?

Future sorry AF arrived. Fx for this cycle :)

Dobby sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. Are you back to school already? I thought you started later.

AFM I've decided just to do the one scan instead of the combo. I have no idea how much my makeena injections will cost and if I can afford them they should be my priority. I can't say I'm 100% happy with my decision but it's the right one.

Ugh, something messed my stomach up. Bad nausea last night, diarrhea this morning. Just ready for bed. I think I'll nap until David gets home.

Oh and kitty nothing wrong with skipping the party. You can just have a small day with DH and e :)
Also, it is much more peaceful than inviting multiple people.

Can't believe it's mid-august and school is starting back up. Congrats and good luck to all the moms of kids going back and of course the teachers! And good luck to you too shae with school, although I assume you won't start right away.

Kit- 4 rooms is loads! We don't plan on separating the twins for a long time. Probably until they're closer to 8/10 years old. They can't sleep with only one in their room.

Speaking of rooms, how do older kids deal with sharing with a baby? Totally not against it and I know people do it every day I just can't imagine it. Doesn't the baby wake the older kid? Tell me your experience.

Can't believe it's mid-august and school is starting back up. Congrats and good luck to all the moms of kids going back and of course the teachers! And good luck to you too shae with school, although I assume you won't start right away.

Kit- 4 rooms is loads! We don't plan on separating the twins for a long time. Probably until they're closer to 8/10 years old. They can't sleep with only one in their room.

Speaking of rooms, how do older kids deal with sharing with a baby? Totally not against it and I know people do it every day I just can't imagine it. Doesn't the baby wake the older kid? Tell me your experience.

We thought so too :rofl: ! We almost went for one of the 3 beds with slightly bigger rooms but in the end we felt it was worth it for the spare bed for when my family come to stay. I had never thought about the twins not wanting to be seperate, maybe it will be fine for a good few years yet then! I hope so!

How are you getting on green?

4 rooms is plenty! That's what we had growing up--me in my room, parents in the master, 2 bros shared, then one left for guests. I think they were maybe just hitting puberty when one bro finally moved into the spare room. Why are you thinking of moving again already?

PL any news on the property viewing or on how your home viewing went?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->