• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Always soft play MrsG? Pacifics idea is also a good one if the boys are fairly chilled with books etc, unfortunately,Riley never was, i took him to a library once & he was darting underneath the computers trying to pull the input cables out Lol :shock: but my sisters kids always loved the Library

CB I think you look lovely. You are seriously all bump. I hope I look that good at 30+3 ;)

Pacific what a bummer on the real estate. Hope you find a nice place to rent in the mean time.

Pretty that's true. I see something on your inverted test.

Greenie never know ;) any date set for testing yet?

Nothing exciting here as V is sick. We did have a 1st birthday party to go to. I think DHs dad is taking him out for dinner tomorrow as a belated birthday gift.

Future I don't think this test is lighter. Also if you Od later I'd expect a 1-2 on weeks estimator. Spotting can also be normal from implantation. What color was it?

Dobby update when you can.

Gigs, sorry Des is ill. Hope he feels better soon. V is sick too, but not too bad yet.

I've put V to bed and she's talking up a storm :rofl: poor girl has a super runny nose and doesnt have her full energy. Hoping I escape the sickness.

Busy day at work, had to go see patients. I was going to see some tomorrow but with v ill I'm staying home.

Well going to finish a few things then head to bed.

Future I think the line looks fine for your gestation, I’m hoping/praying that the spotting is just random pregnancy spotting and nothing more. I understand assuming the worst though, because that way you’ll be pleasantly surprised if everything turns out fine, and if you assume it’s fine and it’s not, you might end up very disappointed. But I would hold on to at least a little bit of hope. Remember, Dobs woke up in a pool of blood (coming from her uterus) and that was her pregnancy with A, so it’s possible to bleed and still have that baby be fine.

People commented on the lack of AC... it’s not as bad as in the freshman building, that one held a steady 78-82 degrees all damn year long. This one seems to be about 5 degrees higher than the temp outside (before the heat turns on), it’s much cooler in the rooms now that the temp has gone down. When I moved in 2 days ago it was 75 degrees outside. Luckily it has heat for winter, so that’s what really matters, considering how low the lows can be here.

Good news, the roommate and I are getting along great so far!

Shae- how hot does it get there during the summer?
Yay on you and the new roommate getting along! Fx it stays good!

Future- your test line is much darker than mine was when I had a chemical/early loss. I just checked and on that loss I started bleeding at 5+1 so I still have hope for you!!!

Flu- good luck on escaping the sickness!! My hands are raw from washing when the boys are sick and I'm trying to avoid it lol

Possibly testing Monday which will be somewhere between 8 and 10dpo

Kids found me while I was hiding. Got to go.

Sorry for the selfish post but would you guys test in the morning? Or just wait it out a couple days?

Future, some of the ladies here will say test, I have never tested until af was due. So totally up to you, sorry I am not a big help.

Sorry to all with sick kiddos... Not fun at all! Hope they all feel better soon.

Shae I'd imagine they'd get in big trouble not having heating there, but none the less glad you will have it. The cool down came just in time too :)

How are your classes going?

Oh and wonderful it's going well with new roomie :)

Greenie another reason for me to look forward to Monday :) and lol on boys finding you.

Thanks I hope I avoid it, I missed colds and flu while pregnant with V.

Future I know it's a bit of a cliffhanger but 2 days would be best. I tested daily and had a day where I couldn't see progression. Decided I needed to give testing a break for a day and my next test was noticeably darker.

Thanks pacific

Good morning ladies, definitely a loss bleeding has picked up and cramping.

Happy 19 wks Flueks :)

I cleared my Wardrobe out this afternoon, 4 bin bags full later uhhh! Nuala was into EVERYTHING!! But.. all done now, all clean & smelling lovely & lotsa space so i can now start buying so bits n bobs like clothes, bedding, changing stuff as I have space to store it :)

So sorry to hear that, Future. :(

Good to hear stuff is going well with the roommate, shae.

Sorry for the late reply, but you're lookin' good, CB.

And good to know everything's going well with you, Flueky.

Hope all you other ladies are good, too.

So, I was studying my test like crazy yesterday. It was already dry, but when I used the flashlight on my phone, I felt like I could see something. Still just trying to wait til tomorrow to test before my mind starts going a mile a minute.

Pretty- be careful with the light thing. Most test you can see the antibody strip with a light even if there is no dye in it.

Man I'm pooped. Already moved all the wood out of our wood shed so I can fix it with DHs help and then I'll have to put it all back later

Future I'm sorry :hugs:

CB thank you! I could seriously do some more but I'm keeping my normal clothes in there still.

Pretty thank you.

I'm looking forward to your test tomorrow. Hope it was the start of a squinter bfp!!

Greenie just reading that makes me tired. So go you!!!

Not sure if it was just allergies or V fighting off sickness. She's not had a runny nose today and no coughing. I did give her zyrtec last night. She uncharasterically woke up at 1130 last night and I figured some zyrtec in her milk might dry up her nose. She hasn't acted like she felt bad today like she was yesterday.

I am sorry future :hugs:

Green, yepp do all that work now then during first trimester ;) haha hope you aren't too sore tomorrow from all that wood stacking!

Shae, glad to hear all is well with the new roomie, keep us posted ;)

Afm, spent most of the day baking, now I can barely move. Time to relax.

Future I’m so sorry the bleeding has picked up :( :hugs:

Flueks did you say V is sick? I hope she feels better! They’d definitely get in trouble with no heat lol, they’d have a bunch of kids dying of hypothermia. Classes.... oh boy, get ready for a novel lol.
Classes are going alright overall. I always feel like I’m behind on something even though I’m not lol. There’s just so much involved with nursing 101, lecture is so long that I often have trouble staying awake. I don’t know how anyone focuses on a lecture for 2.5 hours. I can do the 1 hr 15 min lectures just fine, but more than that and I lose focus and often get sleepy. Especially when the 2.5 hr class is right after a regular class.
Clinical is going okay. I have 2 patients now, a woman and a man. The woman is alert x3 and uses a walker w/ 1 assist (high fall risk, previous falls), independent feeding, she’s super easy and sweet to me. The man has dementia and Parkinson’s and is a hoyer and 2 assist for nearly everything. The poor guy can get agitated sometimes, I think because he has a history of depression and he doesn’t know what’s going on. He’s pretty good during meals, but he can get upset during bathing/dressing, which is understandable considering we have to turn him on his side a lot and I think I would be upset too if I didn’t know what was going on.
Skills lab... I have my midterm practicum on Wednesday. I’m terrified. We have to do a full physical assessment, and there’s 3 pages of stuff we’re supposed to do, and we have 20 minutes to do it all, and do it right. After some more practice that’ll be easy, but it’s terrifying when I’ve only done 2 full physical assessments in skills lab, ever. I’m a little better at blood pressure now, but I’m still scared about it. I have a hard time finding my partner’s brachial pulse, her radial pulse is easy, but I need the brachial to be easy too, ugh. For some reason I have difficulty hearing my partner’s apical pulse, when I was practicing yesterday her stomach noises and other artifact sounds were overpowering it, I could barely hear it. That’s a major problem, cuz during the practicum the instructor uses a teaching stethoscope so we both are listening to it, and I have to give the correct apical pulse count and we’ll both be counting it so if I can barely hear it and I get it wrong, she’ll know and I’ll get points off, idk if we need a perfect 100 to pass or if we need like a 90 or something, but I think if I can’t get the apical pulse it’ll probably be an automatic fail. So yeah, I’m terrified. During the practice the instructor showed me my partner’s apical pulse with the teaching stethoscope cuz I was having trouble, and even with her placement and stuff it was very quiet and hard to hear over everything else, and she told me that’s as loud as it’s gonna get. Sooo kill me now.
Microbiology is going okay, lab is kinda fun and the stuff we’re learning is interesting to me. My volunteer hours are also going well.

Okay end novel lol

Thank you everyone, shae just popping in to say do you own your sethoscope? Is it a decent brand? Maybe that’s why you aren’t hearing?

Future I do own my own, it’s a Littmann Classic III. The teaching stethoscope we have to use during the practicum is also a Littmann. So that shouldn’t be the problem :shrug: I wish I could get an electronic one to amplify it, but I couldn’t use it during the practicums anyway so it would just make my ears lazy. Anyway, thanks for the thought.

That’s exactly what I was going to tell you! That there is one that the volume can be turned up on-one if the girls in my class was hard of hearing and used it, she let us try it and it was so good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->