General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Long short
Professionally: being evaluated tomorrow and while I know I have perm status I am oddly nervous about it. Idk why I feel like a shit teacher. Also I threw out $20 of candy because a mouse snuck into my desk and there’s mouse s* everywhere.

Financially: I had to open a debt managenent credit card and seriously debating just saying f* it and having two. Because I have two maxed out credit cards that I can’t even pay the interest on

Personally: just accepting the reality that I don’t want to date and it’s not about the right person or being young but I am so scarred from s* from exes and my stepdad that dating repulses me. I still feel uncomfortable when people are nice to me so obs not over the demons that made me a prime target of abuse

Mother: I have not had a solid night’s sleep in months. A refused to sleep in his crib since I went back to work and we have been back to back sick so we just cough all night. My brain is starting to f* up. My students correct me every lesson, I leave s* at my mom’s house all the time. I have to write lists or I forget what i’m Doing. On top of that A is banging his head (pedi says normal) and even though he say an OT a month ago and she cleared him i’m filling out his 15m check and it says he should say five single words. He says zero ZERO. Nothing close to a word. Doesn’t mimick words. We read, sing, talk every day, and of course my med school brother nonchalantly says “isn’t that a sign of autism?” Like I didn’t have to listen to you say s* like that my whole pregnancy (my ex lied about being autistic to treat me like crap but probably is on the spectrum just high functioning). So yay for that

Speaking of ex: he is pissed about money so after three months of not having to deal with him, he is trying to f* up my plans. I had to cancel a photo shoot because he refuses to pay me and the courts don’t care i’m a single mom teacher they keep continuing s* and now we have a second trial for child support like ffs if’s Simple he owes me money just effing make him pay. He literally threw s* at my attorney in court and calls her names and swears at her in front of the child support judge like why is his a* not in jail? He breaks court orders and acts a belligerent fool and what because he’s white and an engineer he gets away with it? The last judge said he was going to throw him in jail if he doesn’t follow orders so let’s just see if they will f*ing do right by my son and at the very least take his f*ing visitation (that he doesn’t even do) away and make him pay his s*

Hence the stress

Dobs as someone who very recently went through alllllll the autism stuff with Kaiser (which oddly started with max banging his head on the floor and hitting himself) they don't really look st speech as a factor. I mean they consider it, but not really. Max is almost 22 months and only says mama and bubbles. Both of which he started saying recently. He also Just within the last 3ish weeks started mimicking sounds. He's behind but otherwise totally normal. The main stuff they're looking for at this age is eye contact, anti-social, and other "odd" behavior. Obviously ex has a history so I can't imagine how much you're freaking out about it but if you have any questions on Kaiser or anything else about testing with them let me know. I know you're a teacher and I honestly don't know if Kaiser is different than others but I do know how to make your child get tested lol
As for all the other stuff just huge hugs

Flukes- I like Serena. It's less popular these days.

Dobs, sorry about all your troubles. I can only second green with what she has said about speech. Some kids are just slower at it and then one dAy babble away like a waterfall. According to our doctor even sounds that the kid makes in association with our "words" count as a word. L says chrrrr for water, and apparently that counts as a word... (I am scratching my head over that one but ok)
Have you asked at his daycare if he's using any words?

Head banging.. yepp been there. If we made a fuss or try to protect his head and told him no hed do it even more and with a big smile on his face: most favorite spot in his chair during dinner against the wooden backrest. So we ignored it and he stopped doing it within a few days.

Dobby V did the head banging thing. I think it can be a normal thing. She'd do it when throwing a tantrum. Speech they all go at their own pace and I believe boys are typically slower in this.

I'm sorry for lack of sleep, forgetfulness from lack of sleep. Also not wanting to date that's okay. At some point when things are better maybe you could talk with a therapist. I don't believe now is te right time for that.

That's ridiculous he's getting away with his behaviour. His color or job shouldn't give him a "get out of jail" card. Hope he finally set in his place and you get the money A deserves.

Greenie I've never even heard of a girl with that name here. So many emmas and Riley variations. I suppose popularity is different per region. Oh and Scarlet, I remember 2 babies in NICU with that name when V was there. It was a name I'd like too. How funny/ironic would it have been to have 3 scarlets in the NICU?

Ugh slept better with benadryl but still didn't get enough to counteract Sunday's lack of sleep.

My throat isn't as sore though and nose isn't as runny. I haven't heard V cough as much overnight either so hope we are on the mend.

Ah Flueks congrats on another baby Girl <3 i know you were swaying toward a Boy but how lovely, V will get to have a baby sister, they’ll be bestest friends, i have 2 sisters & we caused havoc when little haha but my older sister was mischievous & so i was pulled with her, aww :)

Dobby huuuuge hugs hunni, i dont know what to say :hugs: please dont stress about the talking thing as my nephew spoke like nothing & then suddenly words start coming out & both mine did/do the head bang thing, its frustration & attention! I hope your ex gets his s**t handed to him in court & flips out again & gets banged up & forced to pay what us owed to you, i think that will def take alot of stress of you hun xxxx

Nuala is ill AGAIN!!! She has hand, foot & mouth & has blisters on her lips & tongue, well im pretty sure thats what it is, she has Drs in 20mins, shes so dribbly, not eating or anything as it hurts, getting through local anaesthetic teething gel like noones business!! I can see me taking another 2 days off work this week unpaid again, roll on Maternity leave in November !

Oooh MrsG have you tested this morning?

Future are you retesting today to see if hirmobe is lowering for lighter test or if its the same - is an early scan possible?? If its quite dark.. could’ve been a multiple pg or something?

Pretty.. more testing??

add insult to injury I didn’t sleep last night and my fico score has dropped from 802 to 650

Sorry, pacific forgot to say about the Nutella jar you commented on, is that a large jar you purchased then? I dont like Nutella but il be looking for large jars when i go shopping to compare to baby ha ha

Mmmm nutella is heavenly. I haven't had it in years.

Currently waiting for my 1hr glucose draw at the hospital. While sitting here, a woman dressed as a giant poop emoji walked by.

Dobs I am so sorry for all the stress. Court stuff has so many strict procedures I'm not surprised it's taking forever but hopefully the end is in sight.
Lev also throws his head back against things. Sometimes it's because he's pissed and sometimes it's for fun. He did it the other day against Des' head, hurting himself and bruising Des's face. Both boys were crying. That was fun.

Pretty dang girl no denying that line! Congratulations! I'm sure SO will come around...is your other kiddo his? May I ask why the separate living spaces?

Future hope you're doing ok :hugs:

Kit how are you? Has the bleeding stopped or at least slowed yet?

Fluek I love the name <3 I instantly thought of sailor moon but i doubt many people would make that association. Plus I think in the sub version she has a different name.

Afm...we may get a van! We unexpectedly found one this weekend when we were just going "to look". I haggled us a great deal, but there are some issues that need to be adressed. One of the seats is broken, nroken side mirror, open recall that needs a fix, and worst of all, an odor that is absolutely repulsive. It smells like rancid milk. When we were looking at it we noticed the detailers completely missed the undersides of the seats. Supposedly the dealership is going to take care of it all before we pick up & pay later this week. We can back out of it's not to our liking. Oh it's a black Honda Odyssey.

In other exciting but terrifying news, hubs may be opening a mechanic business with two partners in January. Yes, as in the same month I am due. We are using the HELOC to get the can and may also need to borrow from it for living expenses and business start up expenses...and our house is on the line...so basically if this business fails, we are so beyond f*cked. That said, no risk no reward...and hubs is miserable where he is now. I think they will do well but it is still quite scary!

I think that's the major stuff. Oh...my bday is tomorrow and hubs and i may go out Saturday. Any suggestions for something a pregnant lady can do to celebrate is welcome. We had a little celebration with inlaws sunday but it felt like such a "cop out", it was very last minute and not really in my honor so much...more like SIL said she was wondering if we woukd like to join her for dinner and we could do it as my bday thing if i wanted? Then MIL& FIL picked up some premade pies at walmart which were all pretty gross...SIL& BIL did get me a gift though which was nice and appreciated. I don't want to come off ungrateful. We are going out with my folks tomorrow for a "fancy" dinner at my favorite local restaurant so I am happy about that!

Ok off to do labs

Dobby - I am so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. I'm not religious, but the quote "if He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it" comes to mind. This is just a shit time, but it won't last. Just try to keep calm. Also, your ex has dirty Canadiens genetics, it's no surprise that he's a dick.

Gigs - I totally thought of Sailor Moon too. lol. And it sounds like a good name, Flueky.

As for the living arrangements, he bought the condo 4 years ago, so I guess we were just at a different place in our "relationship". I was supposed to move out of my house a few years ago, cuz my parents were gonna sell the house and travel after my dad retired, but he passed 9 months before he could. So, I stayed at home to help my mom with stuff.

Gigs- maybe an escape room? Or some kind of harvest thing. We have a cool harvest thing which is all ages but it wouldn't be good for little kids and DH and I had a blast when I was pregnant. It also had a huge corn maze. Or maybe some place you guys used to go or enjoy before kids that you haven't in awhile.

Dobs- it will be okay. It doesn't feel like it now but I promise it will. If we were closer we would alllll help!

Flu- I've don't think I've ever actually met a Scarlett until my niece was born! Lol maybe it's more of a country thing. As I'm in California and she's in Montana.

Okay tested today. It still has a haze but I'm beginning to think it's just an evap or the antibody strip. I think I'm out and might not test anymore.

Also, I never realized how many scratches were in my counter until taking these pictures lol and just ignore the background. I have DHs shirt and socks on lol

IMG_7787.JPG

Um...Green...that looks like a super obvious faint bfp on my screen...

Green I see a line but it’s blurry so idk if it’s a haze or an actual line.

The line is faint. It's actually fainter now that it's dry. I'm pretty sure it's an evap or at best a chemical. By 9dpo it should be more than that light.

And my early tests always looked negative when they were dry! At 9dpo there gonna be ooober faint as its just implanting! Eee im excited for you hehe!

Wow Gigs lotsa stuff going on your end! Great news about hubs & his friends new Business venture, def scary as id be the same but im sure they’ll make it work! I hope your GD test goes ok.. lol at the person dressed as a poop emoji :haha: Happy Birthday for tomorrow, maybe do something or go somewhere fancy you havent been in ages or before u had the boys like MrsG suggested.. i always do a fancy meal & get dressed up, love it! Splash out on desert asyour preggers, food is all us pg girls have haha

Flueks, i love the name Serena, very free & beautiful sounding! Serena is the name of the Mermaid from Pirates of the Caribbean, love it <3

Last edited:
Green lots of people only implant at 9-10 dpo. If it were that light at missed period, I’d say def a chemical, but at 9 dpo it can be that light or still negative even.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    chocolate 4
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->