General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs I have a feeling it's the great "clear out". FX for you. I'll update more later

Gigs, fingers crossed for an easy delivery! I do think you may be in for the beginning of the end :)

Thanks ladies! I've been laying down trying to see if they ease up but I guess if they didn't over night, they probably aren't going to! New plan is to go run some last minute errands and see if walking around doesn't make things pick up. Gonna pack my hospital bag and throw it in the car just in case ;) also had a bagel & lox for lunch as I know once I'm admitted it's only ice chips for me :roll:

We're also expecting a snow storm this weekend so I am hoping to not get stuck at home whilst in labor. This has been a fear of mine since finding out I was having a winter baby...weather has been fine for days, then lo and behold, contractions pick up and there's snow in the forecast!

Figures gigs ;) call up that midwife, just kidding. At least if you labor and progress at home the doctor may be more likely to let you vbac?!

My mil swears her first baby was late (a December baby) because she had a really cold breeze come up her skirt scaring baby to come out. Insert eye roll!

OMG LOL! What an interesting theory :rofl: that must have been one hell of a breeze to make it all the way up her hoo ha

Hmm we'll see, I am not really in any pain so not sure if I'm progressing but then again I was 3-4cm at last check and didn't feel any of that sooo...

Well, she lived in Ottawa, so definitely could have been around -20c. :Haha: one heck of a breeze

Have to share: L learned a new sentence: "baby out the belly soon" with a cute gesture pointing from my belly into the room and says it such a serious tone!

I don't think he knows the meaning, but it's so friggin cute.

Oh and new creme on his eczema: I got the prescription for him yesterday. Our doctor was saying put it on everywhere needed, don't feel shy about it for a month" The pharmacist on the other hand was all "use sparingly and only if really really needed, avoid certain areas, it's potent". To my reply "the eczema is also in all those spots you said to avoid, all over his body", pharmacist just shrugged it off and said "not all over his body". WTF! The doctor actually said that the eczema keeps coming back like that because nothing has been strong enough that our gp has prescribed. So conflicting. Anyway we put it on once last night. We applied sparingly to those areas affected as instructed by the doctor. This morning I am already impressed with the improvements to his skin and we did our first diaper in months without a single attempt at scratching anything!!! Doctor was sure we'd see improvements in 4 days!

Dang PL that worked quickly! And how cute about his new sentence

Sorry to be dominating the thread recently but the contractions are grtting closer together and I'm nervous as fffff

Gigs you got this. Try to think positive!! I can't wait to hear your labor story as I think he is coming tonight or tomorrow :)

Pacific that's so cute him saying that!! Oh and that's fantastic the cream is already working :)

Contractions ate still sporadic. They got to 3-5 minutes for about 30 minutes then spaced out again. Currently about every 7 minutes. Hubs and I agreed to just hang home for now until they stay 3-5 minutes, or they get painful (they are still just intense but only annoying) or my water breaks.

I don't know why but my money is on water breaking...

Gigs - Keeping you in my thoughts. FX you can get a little rest tonight and have everything go smoothly when it's "go time". And I'm kind of partial to Myles Colby.

PL - Glad to hear the cream is working. And that's cute about L's sentence. Also, if a cold breeze can keep a baby from coming out, maybe that's why my July baby wanted to come a little early; to soak up some summer sun. lol

Flueky - There's a woman at my work who's also 31 weeks along and she's been uncomortable for quite a while. I feel bad for her, especially since she has several weeks to go and it'll only get worse. I really hope you get to 37 weeks like you want, but that aren't sore for long.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM, I was having some sporadic nausea yesterday. So much so that I couldn't stomach my lunch, but I didn't end up actually being sick. SO and I were both feeling pretty worn out and achy though, so it was an early bedtime for everyone. I was still a wee bit nauseous today, but didn't feel sick otherwise. I realize this is way too early for MS. Gonna take a test tomorrow anyway though. Slightly more hopeful, but I still know the odds are stacked against me.

Pretty you never know! My first tip off that I was pregnant with ds2 was I couldn't stomach my morning coffee on 8dpo. I was sick almost immediately after. I kept coming back to it throughout pregnancy but never had the stomach for it. He was the pregnancy with the worst of my morning sickness, however for me that was basically frequent nausea but I never threw up. In fact it was so bad compared to ds1 (and so different!) I was certain I was having a girl!
Have you tested this cycle yet?

Having trouble sleeping but I think it's primarily nerves! Contractions remain...

Watch I'm just in slow labor and y'all are going to have to tolerate me bitching about contractions for weeks hahahah

Now that you have said that youll probably have to contradict yourself :haha:

No worries about whining, I feel like I have been whiney about my pelvis and back for weeks!

PL that’s so great that the cream is already starting to work. I love when results are visible fast. It’s probably part of why I can’t stick to an exercise routine :haha: it’s like that saying “I did a sit up, now where are my abs?” Anyway, annoying that the doctor and pharmacist gave conflicting instructions. The pharmacist is likely worried about a high dose hurting such a young child and about certain areas being more prone to irritation or skin breakdown, while the doctor is likely more comfortable/experienced with that dosage for toddlers and figures the areas are already irritated so might as well try it. Still annoying that the info was conflicting, though. Also, L’s new phrase is soooo cute!

AFM been struggling health-wise lately. I hoped I could use my month off of school to reset, but it hasn’t happened. I’m exhausted all the time, for one. I spend most of my days in bed or eating. I really need to exercise to get my energy up but I have a lack of motivation. I also have been chronically constipated. It got to the point where I hadn’t had a proper bowel movement in at least a week and I was passing clear-yellow mucus. I ended up taking dulcolax pills (a stimulant laxative), which painlessly cleared me out. However, since then I haven’t had a proper bowel movement. Ugh.

Pretty I don’t think you’re too early for MS, based on your dpo you could have implanted already. Some people even get symptoms before implantation, though there’s much debate over whether it’s actual pregnancy symptoms. I say it could be :shrug:

Gigs intriguing! Fxed for a smooth delivery and that snow doesn’t impede any travel

Pl excellent news on the cream! I hear you though I swear the doctor and the pharmacist give me different doses all the time. Annoying af. A just got a new breathing treatment and the doc said twice a day when he is sick whereas the pharm said sick and breathing weird until he isn’t sick or not once a day for two weeks straight..... ..... .....

Pretty gl testing

Shae hugs have you been tested for mono? Are you feeling emotionally ok? That just sounds like me when i’m depressed or when I had mono. Or me now haha

Dobs I haven’t been tested for mono (well, once a few years ago, it was negative). I do have some swollen lymph nodes but they’re not so huge I would expect mono (though I suppose I wouldn’t rule it out). They’ve been swollen all month to be fair. Idk. I’d have my mom check them but she has a stomach bug that I don’t want to catch. Feeling under my jaw I do have one set that feels pretty large. I suppose I can ask her tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion to look into it.
I’ve been slowly upping my depression meds to their normal dose since stopping the bc pills. I’m not on the full dose yet but SO has said he’s noticed a big improvement in my mood around him (I get pissy when I’m off them). I do have to get back on the supplement pill, still. I take Zoloft and Wellbutrin as a supplement for the Zoloft. I know I’m super stressed and anxious, I’ve never been more stressed than excited for a semester to start, but this time I am. I’m kinda dreading it. Last semester was hard, and I’m not ready to go back. But I don’t have a choice, I’ve just gotta power through.
I think the main culprits are my awful sleep schedule (sleeping during the day, binge watching Netflix at night) and sleep apnea possibly catching up to me. I haven’t used my CPAP in almost a year. I left it at college because I never use it. I really should start using it again. I need to replace the mask, it has a tiny leak, and I don’t remember where I put the supplier information. I’m a mess lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->