General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Ahhhh Gigs im excited for an update hehe!! You totally got this if slow labour starts progressing eeee!

Pacific my pelvis was achey & clicking allsorts in bed, some nights I couldn’t even roll over :( the end is near though hun..

Pretty you never know, could be coincidence you & SO are feeling abit under the weather but you could def still be preggers with MS! Fx hun

Sorry u feeling iffy aswell Shae, not sure what Mono is, another one il need to google lol! Are any basic meds helping at all?

Im probs totally about to jinx this but as im typing & not saying it out loud i may not be.. Hayden has to be the best sleeper out of all 3! He goes for long stretches of sleep late evening around 10-11pm through to 5/6 in the morning, its mad! I feel abit normal most days now :) & his awful nappy rash is clearing up, im using Canesten cream so it appears he had some Thrush on his butt poor lil dude

CB well it’s mostly been just being tired and stuff all the time. Not much I can take for that. When I’ve been nauseous lately ondansetron works for the most part.

Shae my first thought was "mono", second was "poor diet". I hope you figure it out! Very annoying to feel so run down all the time.

Pl forgot to comment but i'd say start with less and see how it goes, partially to preserve the meds for future use ;) glad your are seeing improvement already! I hope it continues.

Cb that's awesome about the sleep! I hope he stays like that!

Afm contractions all night but I was able to get in some sleep. I woke up and had 2 ten minutes apart, and now none for 25 minutes. Wtf?
Now I have this theory...wondering if i'm not having back labor this time, so no pain yet...wondering if last time they admitted me early from the same thing but i had pain so they labeled me as a slow progressor and started prematurely "helping me along" (like a sweep, breaking waters) and thus prolonging progression...idk

Appt today, we'll see what she says and if I progressed

Gigs - I got impatient and tested last night. Nothing. Tested again this morning and looked at it in all kinds of different light, squinting, close up and far away, various angles, one eye, but it still looks like a bfn. :/

Ahh bummer Pretty :( still early though, I hope it turns around!

Sorry about bfn Pretty, my last 2 were at 10dpo later in the day, still in though :hugs:

Keep us posted gigs eeep!

Shae maybe a general multivitamin might give you a boast hun?

Gigs good luck at the appt today!
It could absolutely be poor diet that’s slowing me down. I eat like crap when I’m home. My mom did end up going to work today (she was home sick yesterday) so I’ll ask her when she gets home tonight to check my lymph nodes and see what she thinks. I don’t think I have mono, but might as well have her look at me.

Pretty sorry about BFN but you’re still early, so fx’d you get a like in the next few days!

CB that’s a good thought, it may very well be helpful.

Gigs, could definitely be that last time they wanted you to progress faster then your body was willing to do... With back labour, I cant blame you to agree on intervention.

Cb, glad to hear Hayden is such a great sleeper for you!
And thanks on the reassurance on clicky pelvis. Is it bad to say that I am really looking forward to the end of this pregnancy?

Shae, my opinion would be sleep deprivation first and that snowballs the rest.

Afm: L was briefly up at midnight, so of course it took me well over an hour to fall asleep after. During that hour I am pretty sure it was my Uterus that was acting unhappy on the lower side of the bump. No idea on timing, felt like af Type cramps. Eventually sleep got the better of me

Lol most def not Pacific, i had really had enough of being pg in the last 8 wks or so with Hayden, was so uncomfy, trapped nerve, my pelvis pain was so bad i could barely lift my foot up to wash it in the shower so no its not bad :hugs: weirdly though.. i do miss the bump lol but im liking i can enjoy Wine in between the bottle & boob feeds ;)

Shae have a look to see if theres a liquid iron plus Multivitamins, gets in the body quicker :thumbup:

So I Googled ‘Mono’ & also refers to as ‘The kissing disease’ symptoms are very similar or even the same as Glandular Fever..

Ugh PL the sleepless night before baby are rough eh?

So...had my appt. dr I saw is incredibly nice, she seems young but not as much as the other dr I've been seeing. Anyway she has strongly, STRONGLY advised against attempting a vba2c. Turns out the riskiest part is this incision I had last time...basically they don't know where it is, but it is written on the operative report as being "higher", and this NOT a good thing. Basically, depending on the location of it, it can make my odds of rupturing go from around .5-2% up to 30%. I asked if she's dealt with ruptures before and she said yes, and every patient ends up in ICU, some get hysterectomies.

She also reassured me that a planned c section is so much different than an emergency one. She even suggested I make a soundtrack to play in the OR. I doubt I'll do that but it was a nice suggestion.

Also if I start getting contractions like I have been, she wants me to go to l&d. Even moreso this weekend as we may be expecting up to 8" of snow this weekend and she wants me on a fetal monitor (generally the first sign of rupture is reduced fetal heart beat). So I am on contraction watch...I guess. Ugh really don't want to be stuck in the hospital for no reason.

On the plus side I really like her and feel a bit more confident about her delivering Myles (if I make it that far--not scheduled until 39+5).

So a mixed bag of emotions over here you could say.

So I'm finding that, in the same way I was getting a little bitter about people having girls when I first learned I was having a third boy, I am now having that same type of feeling when I read these simple vaginal birth stories--the easier they were, the more bitter I am.

I am having a rough time mourning both the girl I'll probably never have and the birth I'll definitely never have.

Blah. Sorry to whine.

Gigs nothing to apologize for. I’m bitter every day mourning the husband or pregnancy or life experience or girl I wanted, and I b* every day lol. Venting is good for the soul

Gigs, dang, sorry to hear about the higher incision being a downer this time. I'd look at the positive and say 70% chance it won't rupture but I am no professional....

What do you want to do?

Whine and complain away that's what we are here for!

I really want nothing more than to vbac but the risk is just too high. Birth last time after the craziness of the emergency of it and the hemorrhaging and the insanely long recovery time...I don't want to chance putting myself through that again, nor do I want to land myself in ICU. That would likely mean another transfusion, anemia, and not to mention being separated from the baby for who knows how long. I couldn't live with myself if anything terrible happened to Myles due to my own stubbornness and lack of oxygen during a catastrophic rupture is a possibility.

Not to mention even if I don't rupture, that doesn't mean something else wouldn't happen that would send me for yet another emergency cs.

It sucks but at this point I just want to make peace with it. I don't think I'll be able to until it happens though...I am so traumatized from the last one that I'm pretty freaked out about surgery.

Fluek how bad is this storm? They're saying up to 8" for us. I'm terrified of being snowed in during an emergency situation...

Ah Gigs, I feel you. That’s a difficult situation, but it sounds like with this doc’s more reasonable attitude and better bedside manner, the info she gave has helped you make the best decision among two very-not-so-straightforward options and lots of unknowns. May I ask why it is you’re so keen on a VBAC? Is it more the desire for the more “natural” experience of a vaginal birth or more to avoid the trauma that you’ve now quite solidly (and understandably) associated with c sections?

And did they check how much you’re dilated now?

Oh, and as for being bitter, I’m bitter about ALL sorts of things ALL the time, so join the club.

Gigs big hugs. I second Jez. New doc sounds really on top of it. And it is true. My mom has had both emergency and planned csections, and they are such different experiences.

I’d totally make a playlist then not use it. Cuz I do that ALL the time. Made one for my baby shower and A’s birthday... nope. Just make sure to turn on that premium free trial because can you imagine getting in the zone and then an ad comes on ffs smh

Tbh haven’t read. Work is crazy with all the protesting and working the rule. Oakland and LA are striking, and our union has made it clear that if things continue as is that we will be too. And being forced to only work my contracted hours is just so much more taxing than volunteering 90m a day of my life to prep and grading.

Pillows: How do y’all feel about them? The ONLY way I can get A to sleep on his own (for like 3 hours) is with a pillow. I have seen him reposition or get upset when he can’t breathe, but those horror stories of 18m old suffocating scares me.

Dobs, sorry about stressful work. Hope your union can reach an agreement before things escalate. Teachers here have striked before, I don't think it ever lasted more then a few days.

As for pillow: I think L has had one for about a year now? His is from ikea and it's very very flat, no puffyness or anything to it. Plus it's small, toddler size (my head would take up the entire pillow). Even if he moves it around, it always flattens itself back out into the flat thing it is. It's part of his Sleep routine, it even travels with us, and it rolls up tiny in the suitcase.
I can see if I can find a link for it if you want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->