General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

That looks cool! You can so do it!!!

I am doing the Beachbody T25 workouts. I'll probably do 2 weeks of the alpha round and then the normal 4 weeks of Beta and one week of Gamma.
At the end of the day, I just don't have more then 25 minutes....

OOOO PL: I love running. I live in California, so we run year-round. It's my stress-relief, especially after work. This time of year gears up to be very very stressful, runs help me cope! I'll be yours and MrsG's workout buddy too! Was doing 5-8 miles per run, trying to get back to half-marathon distances. I hurt my Achilles tendon this time last year. Admittedly, probably closer to 2-3 miles most runs now. I need someone to hold me to it.

JLM: YAY!! that sounds so promising, Claire said she had lots of cramps and back pain before her BFP. I've been cramping the entire past 2 days. Hope this is it! We're on the crampy bus!

AFM: caved, tested, BFN. Been starving all day with cramps and back pain and shooting paints into my hip bones, and had restless legs last night, along with very low abdominal bloating. I can't suck it in!

MrsG- You're such an encouragement! You're doing wonderful I've no doubt you'll lose even more than 20 pounds.

Just home from the store; stocked up on so much veggies and fruits and meats to make lots of soups and stews, which usually fills me up and they're free from all complex carbs! Yum!

So I let my son walk beside me the entire trip, which I've done so rarely if ever, I usually strap him in the cart and that's bad enough. He did so great and as we're checking out, that poor mom grabbing her daughter who is screaming and throwing her self on the floor and having a huge melt down, and I feel so bad for that mom and I'm like thank God that's not me, my little angel is behaving so well and I'm so proud of him.

THEN he throws a huge tantrum over a snack he saw when we're already walking out of the store! I've to pick him up and run out of the store while he's wiggling left and right... He cried the whole trip home.

Why are toddlers such jerks sometimes!?

Rex- 5-8 miles! Wow! I'm impressed and jealous! Just don't do anything too extreme cause I've heard that can mess up with fertility too. We can't win!

It's still early for a BFP at 8 DPO, but cramps definitely sound promising. With DS I had so much cramps I even put on a pad cause I was so convinced AF is going to show.

campn: aw!!! it's that age, i love the wiggle description. My sister and I called our niece the Jello child when she did that!

i'm not running so hard now, little time outside of work, but i do miss those long runs! usually just 2-3 miles at a time now, and no races.

i know i tested early, but i just couldn't help it!

MrsG: can't wait to see your workout plan. Are you and DH dieting also?

The biggest help is calories: there are 3500 calories per pound, once you figure out how many you SHOULD be eating per day (like here: https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/calories) , you can figure out how many to cut out to lose weight. Usually cutting 500 per day will cause a pound a week, and that's without exercise. As you exercise, be sure to calculate calories burned so you can replenish.

When I was running a lot, I calculated wrong and ended up with a 400 calorie net for the day (yes, just 400!!! i ate much more than that, but ran a long run and also did the stationary bike, which burned about 1200.) I'm hypoglycemic, so the next day I woke up with a racing heart and vomiting while rushing to shove yogurt into my stomach. Because I had slept through the early symptoms of low blood sugar, I woke up already showing ketosis symptoms! Was almost an emergency room visit, but a yogurt smoothie brought me back quick.

Sorry, diet/exercise rants get me going!

Thanks Ladies:friends:
Campn Ahh - he did pretty darn well then- shopping is uber boring for lil ones.
Every parent has gone thru that- I don't think others mind UNLESS you are ignoring the kid screaming at the top of their lungs on the floor, annoying all the other shoppers. I once saw a brat doing this all out- in walmart- mom kept browsing like he wasn't there, then he started hitting his mom. I gave him the Mommy Dearest death stare and told him "Don't you DARE hit your mother!"
He stopped immed, looked embarassed and grabber her leg like "save me" lol
Then the mom says - I can never get him to stop:saywhat: she didn't even try!?

Rex Woohoo for the crampy bus! I was literally expecting to see some blood IB early AF something!! But everytime I felt something it was just creamy cm:blush: BTW LOVE your doggy kiss pic!

Pacific and MrsG You are inspiring me! Think I will get back to speed walking a few miles a day- been super lazy lately with holiday food etc.
I can't run anymore due to bulging disc in neck from a car accident- Doc suggested low impact exercise...So I took to crocheting and eating everything in sight:rofl:
NOT a good move 20 lbs later hehe.

Forgot who asked but I plan to start testing Friday morn. I think Gig is too..
FF put my O a day later than I really think it was, so Friday will be 10dpo for me, with AF due 13dpo.
I usually start at 9dpo, but only with super sensitive tests, and I didn't buy any.

Rex- I counted calories like a mad woman when my son was born and walked 3 miles everyday and went down to 107 lbs which was my pre-wedding weight. Sadly fell off the wagon and the pounds just piled back on, also my thyroid is messed up so that doesn't help. Wish I can at least get back to 115 lbs cause now I'm 125 and I'm only 5 feet and my clothes don't fit me anymore. Interval work outs usually are the only thing that help me, involving lots of weight training which I enjoy so much more than running. Yeahhhhh babe give me the weights!!

If I obsess about that, it'll definitely help me obese less with TTC!

Jlm- You and I are testing Friday. Yikes, pressure is already settling. My hopes are so low though so if I get a BFP I'll be pretty surprised. Probably cry.

I'm loving all the testers this week! I'm trying to hold out til Friday, but I'm sure I'll be peein' on a stick every day until then.

campn: ain't it the truth? i was so fit when i REALLY counted calories. I've gained 7 lbs since i stopped.. which isn't a lot, but EVERY pound is a pain to lose! I've been getting better about keeping track.. even the holidays didn't get me too bad with all the traveling, but now today i'm eating everything in sight. PMS or BFP, either way, our bodies want to EAT at this time of the month!

JLM: i agree with your "low impact" exercise!!! I've been crocheting and recently started weaving wall hangings! so fun.

J, i had major annoying af cramps at 8 or 9 dpo with des. I say it's super promising! Which side is it on?

Ooooh all this exercise talk is motivating me! Too bad it's cold as balls here. Mid 30's today, getting into the teens tonight i believe :nope: i really want to go walking but it ain't happening in this weather. I'm afraid to do anything to high intensity, but maybe after af shows i'll pick up the pace with some workout videos or the stationary bike.

Any suggestions on workouts to ease back into working out? If i hit it too hard it triggers my palpitations and i'd rather not.

Oooh rex you have to share a picture of the wall hangings!

Everyone here is so crafty,i love it!

Oh i have a new money making scheme: painted preggo bellies and photographing them. I'll be doing a friend's this weekend...

Ran into this old picture of my first ever BFP. I remember sitting on the bathroom floor and I was due for my period. Been testing for the past 3 days and got BFN and my husband said stop testing, just test when you're late (yeah right!) so after he left for work I took the test, sat on the bathroom floor totally expecting it to say not pregnant and when it finally said pregnant I couldn't believe it! I felt like I was floating out of my body. Put my hand on my face and cried like a baby...

I texted the picture to my husband right away and he was like... Did you photoshop this!??

Can't wait for my next BFP...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4
Just finished my workout!! Woot woot. Now catching up on my trashy reality TV. I love it. Someone asked about my diet. I'm not being super strict because when I do I don't stick to it. So I'm eating at home and only buying healthy foods. However, if I'm hungry I'm going to have a snack because I'm not fun when I'm hungry. Hubs has a really physical job outside so he usually slims down when he's working a lot, which he is currently doing. Except he's working at night and sits his ass in the truck and eats all night long. Lol so I'll be packing his lunch from now on to keep him on track.

Rex- wow you're awesome for being able to run that much!! What part of Cali are you in? I'm in Cali too but northern so it's cold and raining here.

:dohh: Sorry I mean me and Campn should both be testing Friday
Gigsey What dpo do you reckon you will be Fri? You could always join the pee party :haha:
Hell EVERY one POAS ...we can make it POAS Friday- CB and Breeaa you too...we can see if you two got pregnant-ERRR :rofl:

I agree Rex:brat: We neeeeeed pics of Wall art!!! and your :test: when you do lol

Campn-ator LOVE those words on a digi...I have only seen them once - with DS 6 yrs ago ugh...I too can't wait to see them again!!

Gigs: love the painted belly idea!!! Genius! Easing back into working out: depends on your likes. I like Pilates or hiking to get me back into a routine before running. Hiking burns a lot of calories! I also golf a couple times a week, lots of walking and I guess swinging can count as an arm/shoulder workout? ;)

Mrs. g: I live in LA- it's supposed to rain all week. Which means no one will know how to drive!

Campn: that is freakin adorable.

JLM: I agree! Everyone POAS!!!!

Yup lots of rain here too! Three weeks of it is what they're saying. My treadmill had already come in handy.

Awww campn <3 that is hilarious that hubs didn't believe you! I really don't remember how i reacted to my first positive, but i remember crawling back into bed next to hubs and he goes, in a disappointed tone (jokingly!) "you're pregnant, aren't you?" Haha. The second time (c/p) wasn't planned, i took the test and was in the bathroom staring at the frer and i loudly whisper, "I fucking knew it." Lol, told hubs, "you know how when you pull out, you're not supposed to go back in....? But you did? Well, evidently we're too fertile to do that."

Ugh. Not fertile this time around!

Anyway this next time i want to surprise him,since i haven't done that, and record it.

Rex, i LOVE to hike! I'm so excited because my son now likes to go on the trails with me. Sadly, it's too dang cold...which is a shame because i just hopped on the scale and i'm 4lbs up from the holidays. Not impressed.

Rex, I used to run until DH and I moved to this province 4 years ago. With winters being so long and bloody cold (down to -35C) for weeks at a time, snow, it makes it hard to just run in the summer. In the summer I also have to consider the bears that might chase me home. We life rural and do spot bears regularly close.

I am 5'4 and once went down to 120lbs which was me at peak performance many years ago. It was just a touch on the low side. I'd like to be around 125 again and would have ~20-25lbs to go. Have not confirmed that with the scale recently.

J, you sound so promising!!! Which donor did you have this time?

So I had an awesome dream, that I tested with an IC and it was positive! Then I was like no that must be an evap, then I took a FRER and it was also positive. Got me hopeful this morning... I've had at least 3 other dreams like this since we started TTC this summer.

A little mean and cruel my subconscious is playing me like that. Sometimes it feels too real, cause as I was waking up I almost told DH I'm pregnant! Haha.

Campn, 8dpo already?! Grrrrrl, i'd already be testing!

J, forgot you asked but i'd probably only be between 4&6 dpo on friday. Waayyy too early to test. I want to hold out until next wednesday...i'm already getting nervous lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->