General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Do you typically get af cramps thud early? 9dpo sounds a bit soon for af to get gearing up. Good timing for implantation though

Do you typically get af cramps thud early? 9dpo sounds a bit soon for af to get gearing up. Good timing for implantation though

Well I'm worried about my LP being too short. My first cycle I think I got o date wrong and I wasn't using opks or temping. This time I used an opk and pretty much know when I Oed. So this month either I Oed late or my LP is only 10, maybe days. If AF comes on time (tomorrow) I need to find a way to lengthen it. If it's delayed I might've just Oed late. It's a waiting game right now. I usually get cramps like 2 days before AF, and very sore boobs for about 4 days before AF. No sore boobies and minimal cramping so far. I didn't know until after I Oed this month that it may not be enough time to support a pregnancy so I'm nervous.

J! Tell us all about it when you get back in!!!

B, I think the short Lp is more of the fear that your period would start before an agg gets a chance to implant. I think at 10 days you're in with a chance but definitely something to look into.

And yeah, bitches be crazy...but I'm good with customer service and dresses are so purdy!

Agreed, 10 days is still considered workable for a viable pregnancy. I think it's when it's 9 or less that it becomes much more problematic. But yeah I would look into lengthening it if it's 10. Here's to hoping it's not! :) Better yet, here's sending bfp thoughts your way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLI_Q24RM_Q

So, ladies...i made an entry in my journal about starting to ttc. My friend in real life who also is on here read the whole post and her response was "'Grats." That was it. She's battling infertility so I know she's going to be upset if I get pregnant before she does :( I'm not sure what to do in this situation....thoughts?

I feel badly for her. When I wanted to be pregnant the first time, i was insanely broody and it felt like alllll of my coworkers got pregnant. I was so excited when it was finally my turn but it hurts seeing everyone do it first! Similar thing when I was waiting to be engaged. It just sucks, i want her to be excited for me but i know she's probably going to be pissed :/ well, maybe that's a bad way of putting it...but hurt, at least. I'm a little butt hurt though....she knows I went through the chemical pregnancy so it's like....wish she had some sort of happiness for me being able to try and get back what I feel like i lost.

Sorry to rant here. i can't rant in my journal because she reads it lol

Well no one else is talking so I'm gonna keep yammering!

Ov pain is all but gone so i think it's safe to say i'm officially at the close of 1dpo!

Where are you all? J, you'd better be getting some sexy daddy tail right now!

J! Tell us all about it when you get back in!!!

B, I think the short Lp is more of the fear that your period would start before an agg gets a chance to implant. I think at 10 days you're in with a chance but definitely something to look into.

And yeah, bitches be crazy...but I'm good with customer service and dresses are so purdy!

Agreed, 10 days is still considered workable for a viable pregnancy. I think it's when it's 9 or less that it becomes much more problematic. But yeah I would look into lengthening it if it's 10. Here's to hoping it's not! :) Better yet, here's sending bfp thoughts your way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLI_Q24RM_Q

I really wish I could watch that. I love Big Bang.

Well tomorrow AF could be here so fingers crossed and I appreciate the bfp thoughts! I'll let you ladies know if she shows.

So, ladies...i made an entry in my journal about starting to ttc. My friend in real life who also is on here read the whole post and her response was "'Grats." That was it. She's battling infertility so I know she's going to be upset if I get pregnant before she does :( I'm not sure what to do in this situation....thoughts?

I feel badly for her. When I wanted to be pregnant the first time, i was insanely broody and it felt like alllll of my coworkers got pregnant. I was so excited when it was finally my turn but it hurts seeing everyone do it first! Similar thing when I was waiting to be engaged. It just sucks, i want her to be excited for me but i know she's probably going to be pissed :/ well, maybe that's a bad way of putting it...but hurt, at least. I'm a little butt hurt though....she knows I went through the chemical pregnancy so it's like....wish she had some sort of happiness for me being able to try and get back what I feel like i lost.

Sorry to rant here. i can't rant in my journal because she reads it lol

Ugh that sucks!! I bet it's frustrating for her but if it were me I would still be happy for you. hopefully she gets a bfp soon so then you can both be happy for each other.

Just catching up girls, i was out with my friend having Wine last night, havent seen her in about 3 wks as she been un Tenerife, lucky cow haha nice & tanned! I got home earlyish & found SO snoring loudly in lounge & Riley screaming his head off as he wet bed! His lil face was all red & puffy & clearly been crying for a bit, i did have a pop at SO this morning, not impressed, cant even go out for one eve ffs grrr!

Ah giggs, completely feel for your situation, we had a friend like that, myself & our other friend all got pg same time, she had a 7yr old & they were unable to get pg again, tried Clomid, few IVF's & pregnant & kept miscarrying :( awful.. But they basically gave up trying which i felt awful for them, after 6months she fell pg naturally & her daughter is now just over a year old! Theres still hope for your friend hun ;)

Ohhhhh J how was your date? Did u keep ya pants up Lol!

Aww Mrs G, i was peeing on sticks for a good couple wks after getting pregnant lol something satisfying about seeing strong positive line ha ha! We all do it

Cb, shame about your friend :( glad she ultimately "fell" but what a rough ride along the way! How long did it take for you to get pregnant last time?

J, i'm really hoping you're not updating yet because you aren't home yet :winkwink:

Seriously test bree!

The skirt saying is what my good old grandfather tells me.

Gigs, on my phone but long story short yes it will kill her a little on the inside but a true friend will express that quickly and then celebrate with you. I am zero tolerance person because I teach kids all day, so if my friends act worse than a child I can't do it. The first time I was pregnant, my best friend of 7 years called me a selfish b*. Didn't talk to her for 3. With my last loss, she never congratulated me or checked in. Basically got the grats/ I'm busy at work. I just don't tell her anything anymore. Shrugs. Like right now, three people know and I told them because they react the same way each time: thrilled and saying what a good mom I will be. Asking to throw me a shower, offering to help paint or go baby stuff shopping

Date must still be going on cuz J is quiet ;) adult sleepover? Or maybe he tired her out

My temp is back up to around where it's been. Yay! Today AF should show so if she doesn't, I'll test tomorrow. I don't want to waste frers. They're so expensive! Lol

Seriously test bree!

The skirt saying is what my good old grandfather tells me.

Gigs, on my phone but long story short yes it will kill her a little on the inside but a true friend will express that quickly and then celebrate with you. I am zero tolerance person because I teach kids all day, so if my friends act worse than a child I can't do it. The first time I was pregnant, my best friend of 7 years called me a selfish b*. Didn't talk to her for 3. With my last loss, she never congratulated me or checked in. Basically got the grats/ I'm busy at work. I just don't tell her anything anymore. Shrugs. Like right now, three people know and I told them because they react the same way each time: thrilled and saying what a good mom I will be. Asking to throw me a shower, offering to help paint or go baby stuff shopping

Date must still be going on cuz J is quiet ;) adult sleepover? Or maybe he tired her out

I don't have friends, rofl. I have maybe 2?

I'm anxious for an update too!

Gigs - took me around 5/6 cycles to fall pg before, seemed like forever though uhh! I was relying just on OPK's & turns out after my positives, my ovulation wasnt until like 3-4 dsys later!! We were having sex but at the wrong time lol ohhh the joys! How long did ut take you?

Woohoooooo J! Haha you guys are dirty...but i'm hoping the same :p

Dobs, i really, really hope it's nothing that will kill our friendship. I had a coworker trying for years, and when she finally fell, she had an ectopic. She ended up getting a surrogate. But she wasn't pregnant by the time I was, and when she found out she stopped talking to me. She literally turned her back to me and stood in a corner one time when I got on the elevator with her. I'm sure it stings when you're infertile, but ouch, getting ignored and losing a friend because you're pregnant doesn't feel good either!

Cb, we got pregnant first go last time. Hubs and i are both descendants of very fertile people...I myself was a pill baby (my mom couldn't even stop herself from reproducing she's so fertile! I'm one of 3, but she had 3rd tri loss of identical twins and 2 m/c's. After me my dad got snipped. She was also 1 of 7 kids. Hubs has 1 full brother and 2 half siblings, all the same father.) i'm hoping it's quick this time again, but if not that means i can still get drunk for my birthday and my brother's wedding later this month :thumbup: i'll certainly be bummed, but at least I can drink my sorrows away!

Bree, I know some women can get AF with a high temp but with the symptoms and your temp going back up I really think you should test. All signs are looking good.

Claire, sorry to hear that! That's awful. :( But I'm glad it happened for you and this time around hopefully now that you've figured out your body you won't have to go through so many cycles. As for friends, I have maybe 3. But those three and I have each other's backs no questions asked. I'd rather have my 1-3 or none even than have a host of loosely based friends. I get all my social interaction needs from my family lol.

Gigs, ultimately all you can do is be the bigger person and try to get them to talk about it. And you may want to share every moment of your pregnancy with her because you love her, but you might have to accept that you can't. I'm sure she will be there for the big things, and even that will hurt her. But you have to be very aware of what you announce and where. Talk to her about your feelings, listen to hers, and come up with what she wants to be a part of and what she just can't do. She might say she wants nothing to do with your pregnancy because maybe she can't handle it, and you have to be okay with that and respect that. Not talking about it though is what will kill your friendship, and the problem is it takes two willing people to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->