General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks Shae ^_^ not for another 3 weeks. It can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Agh that’s like the one thing I dread about getting pregnant, waiting a whole month after a positive test to see a heartbeat. I’m gonna be anxiety level MAX for a month.

Yup, knowing as much as I do about you, you sure will lol. I know you like to be very aware of what's going on in your body, so only makes sense the not knowing will drive you slightly batty. You'll be like the rest of us, peeing on tests weeks after the first positive just to make sure the line is still there :haha:

I feel like this forum tends to draw the poas addicts/natural worriers. My friends are mostly so chill about their pregnancies. Or they hide it well hahaha.

Afm we found a therapeutic barn! It’s still a 40m drive but they do have a kids program on Saturdays. We did a tour and meet and greet with the manager, and she was so sweet with A and approved us to start the first weekend of October. It’s a mix of barn chores, grooming, feeding, and riding. Their focus is about being healing relationships with the animals and a safe place for neurodivergence (especially ASD and PTSD). The amazing thing is that she is under mentorship of the ranch that we go to for summer camp! And I had been saying if that ranch was closer or worked weekends then we’d be there for lessons/therapy. So this is perfect.

Gigs oh you know it :haha: I’ll probably do everything in my power to get a scan at 6 weeks, even if I have to pay extra for it. I’m a little nutty lol

Dobs I’d agree. Though I’ve noticed the more people know about pregnancy, the more obsessed they are about the details. The more you know, the more you know can go wrong, and the more things to obsess over. Usually the people I meet who are super chill have a very basic knowledge of pregnancy and no desire to learn more, so they’re just going with the flow. I saw a video that said “I’d like to go with the flow, but uh, when does the flow start?” Like same. I need DETAILS.

That’s so awesome about the barn! I hope that will really help A :)

Aww Dobs I am so happy for you and A! That does sound like a perfect fit! You HAVE to share some pics of him with the animals! What a wonderful program.

Shae right? I’m with you. Heck I’d do my own ultrasounds if I could get my hands on a machine :haha: I do have an old friend that has one (she is a vet tech and uses it for her own goats) but I haven’t talked to her in awhile and something tells me that’d not be well received :rofl:

Dobs I agree with Gigs, photos are required! :p

Gigs literally, I don’t know how to do them and it would need to be transvaginal at that stage but if I had my own machine that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t try lmao. I know that I’ll for sure be getting a Doppler for when I’m far along enough to hear the heartbeat that way.

Confession time, on Friday I was at work chatting with a male coworker (he’s an ICU nurse) and he’s super funny and kind, and at the end of the day I was like “crap, I can’t be friends with him anymore, he makes me laugh/smile just a little too much” and then I got home and saw EWCM and that explains literally everything :dohh: I’m not a horrible person, I’m just fertile :rofl: but I’m still gonna keep my distance cuz it’s just not worth the risk. That’s how sketchy stuff starts and I won’t allow that. A married coworker in the ED told me that she’s had to cut at least two female friends out of her life (she’s bisexual, married to a man) because she realized she was catching feelings for them and she valued her marriage too much to risk that progressing. Made me feel a little better that it’s common and that my response of setting firm boundaries and only interacting with him in a group coworker conversation or for patient care purposes is the correct response.

So that said, I am indeed currently fertile. My LH is bumped (baseline is ~0.1 on Inito, it’s currently 6.8) but not yet positive. OPK looks like I’ll be positive at some point tomorrow, most likely. I’d only be in for an O-5 if I manage to ovulate by Tuesday morning. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch a slip up in the meantime, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up lol.

Ooooh shae just sweet talk that hubby of yours! Ahh I’m hopeful for you, even o-5 ain’t bad!

That’s a good call about distancing yourself from that coworker. Not quite the same but I had an attractive guy hitting on me who worked the window at the dunkin donuts drive through. At first it was friendly and could have just been passed off as a nice guy, but then he very obviously hit on me, and though it was flattering, it was also super uncomfortable. I stopped going to that dunkin after that!

Update: retook an OPK cuz I hadn’t peed in several hours when I took it a few hours ago, and I figured my hormone levels on a short hold with no fluids would be more accurate to current time levels. It’s just barely not positive, Premom gives me a ratio of 0.82. So I definitely think we’re looking at a positive in the morning, which as long as I ovulate within 24 hours of positive, will give me O-5, technically. The BD was 1 am on CD11 lol. The LH surge is a bit early for me this cycle, I’m only CD14 right now. I normally don’t get an LH surge until CD17-18.

OPK photo taxIMG_0224.jpeg

The control line is darker and then lighter than the test line so I’m like how do I know if I should consider it positive or not :cry: I’m just gonna go with what Premom says at this point.

ETA: took a new pic of it with Premom 10 minutes later and now it says 0.94. Hm.

That looks pretty positive…fx. And go seduce hubby already! It’s getting late! Lol

When does the flow start :rofl:

Also omg I’m just fertile :rofl: I mean I think it’s a biological response for sure. I think the important thing is that you’d never act on it. To me, that’s when it needs to be cut off. Everybody flirts. Everybody has little attractions. But yeah if you’re spending a lot of time together at work and your gut says distance then distance. I’m just jaded though. I firmly believe cheaters gon cheat and loyal people just don’t. It’s real hard to accidentally sleep with someone lol.

We’ll have to see. I signed a photo release for them, but they do have a clause about not posting photos of the barn/animals/participants to social media or online without asking first. Didn’t ask why but I get that they’re really focused on being in the moment and disengaged from technology and connecting to nature. I’m
sure here and there they’d let me catch a picture of him. It’s quite a large barn. I didn’t count stalls but they have two huge grooming stalls, at least a dozen stalls, a huge riding arena, a private riding trail, and a huge pasture. I’d love if one day I had money that I could buy A his own therapy horse that I could lease to their program for reduced boarding. Dreams lol

I agree boom boom boom go get hubs in da room haha

Hubs drove 6 hours today. I made a valiant attempt. He agreed to sex tomorrow night (though we did not discuss the deposit situation).

IMG_0231.jpeg
OPK this morning looks pretty similar to last night, so I’m counting last night as first positive. That puts me at O-4.92 lol
So long story short, DH was dog sitting for his parents out of state and drove back last night, arrived at 11:30 PM. He was just absolutely exhausted and I tried, but he was just out. Will re-attempt tonight for O-day BD, but we’ll see.

I’ve been taking the Elix herbal tincture and daily magnesium, not sure if that affected my ovulation day or not. My estrogen isn’t as high and the LH surge started with an estrogen of 200 (was in 300s this morning), but that’s still a normal estrogen level for this phase, I just usually go higher (like 400-600). My post-period estrogen was 80, which is also normal. Maybe my levels are just more balanced, idk. That would be ideal if the supplements are actually making a difference. I’m taking them mainly to support progesterone production and decrease cortisol, but if the Vitex in the Elix wants to help out my estrogen and ovulation regularity too, I’m very down for that lol.

Last edited:
I'm going to get my fingers crossed for ya Shae! But honestly, o-4 is pretty darn good! When I got pregnant with my early m/c it was o-5 I think. We also had pull-out bd on O day I think but I believe it was the "full on" bd that did the job.

How are you measuring your estrogen? Like is it a blood sample or pee thing?

Gigs yeah we’ll most likely have the O-4.9 (cuz timing wise it’s practically O-5, 4 days and 22 hours) and a pullout on O day. We’ll see what happens!

I’m measuring estrogen with Inito, it’s a pee test.

Last edited:
Just realized that depending on if I ovulate tonight or tomorrow morning, my EDD would be 6/9-10. Our anniversary is 6/10. DH thinks that would be super cute <3

Ok listen SO -- you have the power to make this more plausible XD

remind him Gigs needs a bump buddy :rofl:

He’s been saying lately that everything is 50/50 cuz it’ll either happen or it won’t (which is not how it works and I think he says it cuz I try to correct him and he doubles down and he thinks it’s cute when I’m annoyed lmao), so I’m gonna go home and tell him it’s 50/50 regardless, might as well send it :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->