• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Christmas chat thread!

Definitely appeal, people are pulling their kids out of school completely due to the covid situation right now so hopefully a space will come up quicker than usual. How far apart are the schools? Would it be possible to discuss with them one child arriving a little late and the other being picked up a little early? Or if they are too far apart, could one be temporarily home educated? An old neighbour of mine had to do that when they moved to the village as there was only the one school and they didn't have space for her youngest daughter, it was only a few months before a space came up.

One is about 1.5miles from my house, the other is 4.5 miles. I don’t drive either which makes it even more tricky lol x

Yeah even if they are in the same direction that's still quite far between them

Yup, just got to wait until appeal now. I’m not sure how they are done as never done one before x

That happened to a fellow twin mummy and she appealed and they got a space in the same school without any major problem. FX it will work out ok for you too!

Hopefully it'll go through before the move
I hope so, I’ve just googled mapped it and it will take 1h2m to walk from one school to the other, so not doable at all, baring in mind that my 12 year old could only get into a school 11 miles away, it’s a nightmare x

No, they might have accepted 10-15 minutes but they won't accept an hour haha

Wow that is insane! I hope it will get sorted!

Wow that is insane! I hope it will get sorted!
Thanks, il let you know how an appeal goes. I can cope with my oldest as she can get transport but the younger two is more difficult x

Fingers crossed the appeal goes through that is crazy!

Re: School Christmas
Our school is still doing the Reindeer run on 26th just parents cannot go like they normally do sadly and we have been told each class is doing a Christmas performance but it will be via zoom not the same at all as they normally do a nativity play and it is my DD 1st Christmas at school and my DS last at infant school :(

So sad :(

My school just sent a letter out saying that sadly there would be no Christmas performance this year.

So sad :(

My school just sent a letter out saying that sadly there would be no Christmas performance this year.

aww that’s such a shame . I’m waiting for the same from ours !

If they are in year/class bubbles why can’t they still do it and just record it for parents . Sometimes the solutions to some things are so simple

aww that’s such a shame . I’m waiting for the same from ours !

If they are in year/class bubbles why can’t they still do it and just record it for parents . Sometimes the solutions to some things are so simple

That's what I thought too. The kids would love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->