• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Christmas chat thread!

Oh yes me too! The breakfast one sounds better and at that price difference Id not think twice!

Wow £50 seems steep for that.
We have the Toby carvery breakfast booked for a few days before Christmas if it goes ahead.

I'd be going for the breakfast with Santa, sounds and feels more special.
I've just had the refund through from our Santa weekend. It was so generous of the hotel, so I'm now looking for an alternative in my area. If Ds was a little younger I wouldn't bother, but I know this is the last year so I want to make sure there's some way of marking it.

Ive seen people post about that pound toy place on an sen group im in. They do cheap sensory bits and pieces apparently. Ive not looked on there myself (off to look now though).

We booked Webbs Garden Centre santa visit for this year however I didnt read the small (very very small) print til after we booked and realised they dont actually get to see santa its a virtual sleigh ride with a pre recorded message from santa then they just go into a workshop and choose their own gift. Still sounds nice, but for a cost of £50 im tempted to cancel and book our other local garden centre who are doing a social distanced breakfast with real santa that would cost us £12. Undecided!

That is expensive for a virtual experience. I would go with the socially distanced real santa breakfast :xmas6:

I'd be going for the breakfast with Santa, sounds and feels more special.
I've just had the refund through from our Santa weekend. It was so generous of the hotel, so I'm now looking for an alternative in my area. If Ds was a little younger I wouldn't bother, but I know this is the last year so I want to make sure there's some way of marking it.

So happy you managed a refund ! Hope you find something else . I’m having the same trouble finding something for mine in our local area . Either been cancelled or not usual events are not happening at all !

When is everyone letting their kids do their “official” letters to Santa .

We usually do ours on 1 December then they have a few days to think about it before axtually sealing the envelope , but for some reason I am worried that’s too late this year ? Given DD1 is still a struggle for ideas !

We dont tend to sit down and write a letter. I do have a list (or the smyths book) but I say they can't add anything after the 1st of December as that's when the last orders go in to the elves. They need time to make the ones they make and get and wrap the ones they don't :haha: I think I'm going to bring that forward this year though as I'm done for the little 3 and don't want them adding on anything they arent absolutely desperate for :haha:

I’m probably going to watch xmas films on the sofa today as I’ve got a sore throat and ear ache

Hope you feel better soon, but Christmas films sounds like a great Sunday

Oh Monkee, a quiet day curled up sounds like a very good idea. I hope you begin to feel better quickly.

I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs: enjoy the films :)

I would change and book the Santa breakfast.
We haven't booked anything this year. Bluewater are doing a Santas grotto but you don't actually meet him and I think everything else will end up cancelled.

We're going to write our letters when the tree goes up I think. Hopefully I can coax them to put down things that aren't ridiculous.

We had a lazy day yesterday, watched a film (well I did) may go for a walk today and have a lazy afternoon. At the moment they have all the Playmobil out so I'm leaving them while they're quiet. TBH they're quite occupied but I am soooo bored. Need DH to be off so we can finish the hall!

I hope you feel better monkee and enjoy your film and sofa time!

I went for a long walk with my BMF and walked through parts of the King's Road in Chelsea. They have their Christmas lights up! A bit early I think but maybe I just never noticed before and the lights always went up beginning of November. :shrug:

I hope you feel better monkee and enjoy your film and sofa time!

I went for a long walk with my BMF and walked through parts of the King's Road in Chelsea. They have their Christmas lights up! A bit early I think but maybe I just never noticed before and the lights always went up beginning of November. :shrug:

Old stomping ground before we moved to Kent (DH grew up that way). It's changed sooo much. X

I noticed that the lights in the village MIL lives in were all up the other day. I dont think they are putting them on any time soon but they've got them up ready. Maybe it was a panic thing thinking get them up while they had the chance in case they weren't allowed later

Thanks girls. I’m getting a lot of pain in my ear and it’s really itchy inside :-( spent the evening lying down x

You poor thing :( Maybe you could try some warm but not hot camomile tea dripped into the ear, that is what my mum used to do when we had ear aches - though I realise that you most likley not have that at home.
Hopefully it will get better soon or you can have it seen at the GP.

I don’t have any :-(

It’s the itching that is getting to me as I can’t itch it :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"