General Christmas chat thread!

Aww that’s sad.
I’ve not had any word from my kids school about Christmas yet

We had an email at 8 o’clock this morning telling us that Rio’s year group need to isolate for 14 days following a positive case in their bubble. He is heartbroken. I feel so stressed about it, I’ve got so much to do in the house that I’ve been relying on doing whilst the kids were at school. Both boys rooms are stripped bare ready to be re plastered - can I still get someone in to do that whilst he’s isolating?

I've got my eldest home too because someone in his bubble tested positive. I'm not sure if you can have someone in tbh, I hadn't even thought about that! We are supposed to be having smart meters fitted next week!

Oh no! My sister had to isolate as she has cases in her nursery. Our school are okay for now (fingers crossed)

Oh gosh fingers crossed Rio is ok! No idea about having workmen in. I hope it will be ok!

We had an email at 8 o’clock this morning telling us that Rio’s year group need to isolate for 14 days following a positive case in their bubble. He is heartbroken. I feel so stressed about it, I’ve got so much to do in the house that I’ve been relying on doing whilst the kids were at school. Both boys rooms are stripped bare ready to be re plastered - can I still get someone in to do that whilst he’s isolating?

I think so long as he doesn’t display any symptoms himself ! You can all carry on as normal so your partner can go to work etc just Rio has to stay in unless anyone displays symptoms in your house then you all have to isolate ... it’s crazy. Poor Rio kids are up the wall .

DD1 has already had it and a few of our years have been sent home too the past few weeks

Extended hours for HB is next week!

I know you probably have no idea :haha: but are there any relatively big ones around Dudley area? We went to merry hill store last week and it was awful. I usually love HB I was so disappointed there was a tiny amount of toys and an even tinier Christmas section!

Anyone know of any sloth related gifts suitable for Rio? He’s suddenly obsessed with sloths.
I saw a sloth wrapping paper last year and nearly got it, can’t find any this year!

Anyone know of any sloth related gifts suitable for Rio? He’s suddenly obsessed with sloths.
I saw a sloth wrapping paper last year and nearly got it, can’t find any this year!
We got DS the flossing sloth; it’s great x

I know you probably have no idea :haha: but are there any relatively big ones around Dudley area? We went to merry hill store last week and it was awful. I usually love HB I was so disappointed there was a tiny amount of toys and an even tinier Christmas section!

Willenhall or Smethwick appear to have L and XL stores. But I can't promise what their sections sizes are like. I must admit, our seasonal isn't as full as usual in some areas as pre-lockdown rush has screwed the store over. Panic buyers have triggered 90-130 cage deliveries as opposed to the normal 35-60. We get a daily delivery too and it's impossible to work efficiently with distancing, our stockroom is always backed up with new stock which can't fit out, and the Christmas bits are inaccessible.

And for the sloths , DD2 has the flossing sloth DD1 has sloth plushies from Smyths and Entertainer. There's something called Snax the Sloth which talks and currently £30 in smyths/argos.

Do you have the sloth version of those fingerling things. Can usually get them around £5

Willenhall or Smethwick appear to have L and XL stores. But I can't promise what their sections sizes are like. I must admit, our seasonal isn't as full as usual in some areas as pre-lockdown rush has screwed the store over. Panic buyers have triggered 90-130 cage deliveries as opposed to the normal 35-60. We get a daily delivery too and it's impossible to work efficiently with distancing, our stockroom is always backed up with new stock which can't fit out, and the Christmas bits are inaccessible.

And for the sloths , DD2 has the flossing sloth DD1 has sloth plushies from Smyths and Entertainer. There's something called Snax the Sloth which talks and currently £30 in smyths/argos.

My local HB doesn’t seem to have as many toys in or had the same ones for weeks . Usually they have different .Same with the decorations . But I do love our one it’s massive haha !

I'm already sorted for DH but he always says nothing if I ask so I thought this was funny. I haven't actually asked him this year but I might ask him then when he says nothing I can do my own version of this and hide his presents upstairs until he's opened it

Thank you! That talking sloth thing with the hoodie creeps me out! I think he would like it though :haha:

I cannot actually see anything there apart from the amazon logo. How weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->