General Christmas chat thread!

DD2 asked again today and I surprised myself that it's only two weeks!! We're doing ours end of November. Eeek

Woohoo! Can't wait for a Christmas tree thread :xmas9:

I will put ours up on or around the 28th November as it's the weekend closer to December and I'm not waiting another week! I take my tree down on boxing day so the earlier it's up the better! :haha::xmas9:

Mine is up, but it will need to get taken down again when we move and put back up at the new house, but it cheered us up from the horrible time that is 2020 so it’s worth it x

Mine is up, but it will need to get taken down again when we move and put back up at the new house, but it cheered us up from the horrible time that is 2020 so it’s worth it x

Awe that's great. I guess it would be easier to wait until the move but brilliant to have some festive cheer in both houses x

I think I’ll put mine up on 25th Nov, Rio goes back to school on the Tuesday, both kids are at school on Weds 25th so I’ll do it while they aren’t here so they don’t mess :haha:
They can help put the rest of the decorations out when they get back home. I think that’s the most sensible thing to do as they argue over every single thing so I just know they’d row over which bauble goes where!

Awe that's great. I guess it would be easier to wait until the move but brilliant to have some festive cheer in both houses x
It will defo need re-doing as all the baubles are in one place lol! Curtesy of my 5 year old! Il be buying new baubles etc xx

I do like to do ours all together, then I get stressed as the girls don't have my sense of symmetry ha ha.
We'll do ours the weekend of 27th/28th. Just need to get this bloody decorating finished first!

I get the tree up and lights on then stand back and let the children do the baubles- and then when they go to bed I move them all about and never mention them again!

Haha you are all so kind and patient! My boys are not allowed to touch any of the ornaments and baubles! I usually do our tree while they are at school so they have a nice surprise when they come home :). But ours isn't going up till the 12th and even that is early to me. :(

Haha you are all so kind and patient! My boys are not allowed to touch any of the ornaments and baubles! I usually do our tree while they are at school so they have a nice surprise when they come home :). But ours isn't going up till the 12th and even that is early to me. :(
Mine is normally the 12th, may do it a little earlier, but probably only the weekend before.

I get the tree up and lights on then stand back and let the children do the baubles- and then when they go to bed I move them all about and never mention them again!

I wish I could do this. It absolutely does not work with Autism :haha:
Rio knows exactly where he’s put a bauble and it has to stay there. This is why I’m doing it myself this year lol

We will probably do ours the first weekend of December, I like to get a real one (it smells so good) so we can't do it too early unfortunately.. and here in the us we have Thanksgiving in a couple weeks and for whatever reason my husband is very opposed to Christmas decorating before that!

I discovered on Ds's first Christmas that I'm allergic to real trees, was so disappointed as I'd wanted that to be part of our tradition - as it was I had to put the tree outside the night after we got it!

Aw I am sorry! My mum is too! If the tree comes in contact with her skin she gets this horrible rash that looks almost like the skin on a toad (minus the slimey sheen :haha:) and it was so itchy! For years when we were small she put the tree up with rubber gloves on but often she'd end up with the rash somewhere else if the branches maybe came in contact with face or neck. Poor thing! So we had an artifical one for years too.
And then of course I read the total tearjerker The Little Fir Tree by that sadist Hans Christian Andersen and since then I don't even want a real tree :haha:.

We have only ever had two real trees. One when we moved in 13 years ago and it was tiny and terribly shaped (I hated it) we wasn't actually living here permanently at that point so we left it.
Then last year we got a huge 7ft one from a friend who is a forest. It was beautiful and a lovely shape but took up one side of the room (couldn't see the TV) so this year we're back to our artificial one :rofl:

I have never had a real tree before but I wouldn't mind trying one one year :xmas9:

OH asked if I was doing it on my next day off, being Monday just gone but nah, far too early for me. Depending on when my days off are, it'll most likely be first week of Dec.

Work has given us an alternative to covid pay, and offered the choice of 2 weeks bonus pay or 2 weeks additional annual leave entitlement. I've decided to accept annual leave as I don't even want to think of my tax, NI and pension deductions that week :wacko: I'd pretty much lose it all!
Wow that’s a really nice gesture ! I would have taken the annual leave too haha

So excited for the tree this year although DS might mess with it haha .

We are doing ours in 2 weeks !!

I always feel like maybe I'm lacking something because I don't really care how the tree is decorated :haha: I don't do colour schemes, or themes, its all the same stuff every year. I let the boys go for it and just remind them now and then to make sure they are spread out. There's a few more delicate or older decorations that I'll put on and put up higher, but other than that they do what they want and I leave it how they've done it. I kind of like the randomness. I'm the same with the paper, everyone has every colour and style going.

Aw I'm sorry for those allergic to the trees, that must be so disappointing. I'm allergic to nickel and can't wear much jewelry so I can relate! Allergies are no fun!

My tree decorating is also pretty haphazard lol

The real trees can be a pain sometimes though, sometimes they bring in spiders and they leave needles all over the place! And they're very annoying to stick into the tree stand :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->