General Christmas chat thread!

I keep asking OH if we should break the news or change the story. Make it the case of we buy it and Santa delivers, throw Covid into the story too saying elves are furloughed lol. Ah man.
Oh no , I remember last year my kid sister almost gave out the Christmas secret ,to our kids they were playing with dolls and she asked DD1 “ what did do you think your dad got you for Christmas” my DH and I just looked at each other :dohh: But she didn’t mention anything afterwards ,she was too busy with her dolls haha

Oh no! Hopefully it doesn't lead to a realisation for her. Mine are all in my room too, just piled up in delivery boxes. Thise I buy in store either get slotted in to the overly large amazon boxes, or in bags with sheets thrown over. Its a wonder no one has ever asked about them

Oh no!!
I’m sure Rio has his suspicions but I always tend to try and add a little word or two about Santa into conversations with OH when I know he’s listening, so it seems realistic lol.
He ‘knows’ we buy presents and send them away to Santa though. As some gifts the elves can’t make anymore and Santa then chooses which toys he brings based on the children’s behaviour.

Holly is definitely suspicious. Part of me thinks she already knows but is keeping it quiet for our benefit :haha:

About 2 years ago ds3 said he didn't believe, then decided that parents would have to go shopping in the middle of the night on Christmas eve so he must actually be real. I'm pretty sure he still believes as I heard him telling ds4 that "you can ask for anything you want because its FREE!" :haha:
Dh thinks we should tell him as he'll be 11 in March but I dont want to haha

Our DD is 12 and found out just before she started high school. However she still believes in the magic of Christmas

About 2 years ago ds3 said he didn't believe, then decided that parents would have to go shopping in the middle of the night on Christmas eve so he must actually be real. I'm pretty sure he still believes as I heard him telling ds4 that "you can ask for anything you want because its FREE!" :haha:
Dh thinks we should tell him as he'll be 11 in March but I dont want to haha
My Ds will be 11 in March too, I'm pretty sure he knows but I remember playing the game for a couple of tears after I found out, just in case it made a difference to what I could ask for! I will make sure one of his older cousins has blurted it out before he goes to secondary school though (although he's only p6 so we have another primary Christmas after this one)

My others are 13 and 14 (15 in Feb) and were 10 and 8 respectively. I'm pretty sure DH worked it in to conversation with ds2 as it was the Christmas before he was due to start secondary school. Ds3 doesn't go to school so we don't have the issue of other kids picking on him for believing so I don't see the issue with him believing for a little bit longer.

I'm all for keeping the magic going for as long as possible, everyone gets a lot of joy out of the whole fantasy element.

Me too. I know it can still be magical afterwards anyway ds2 still loves Christmas as much as all us Christmas Crazies do :haha: but with ds3s issues I'm not entirely sure how he'll react and think it would be better to have a gradual realisation than a straight cut

I like the gradual realisation route, I think that let's them feel more as though it came from them and they are growing up, rather than being slapped in the face with the sad news.

Definitely. I mean if it got to the point where they absolutely had to be told then that's one thing but if we can avoid it I will.

When we found the Santa Tracker online last year Dominic told me that before he saw that he had had his doubts but now he KNEW it was real lol. I feel a bit bad about lying but they were SOO excited for the tracker and actually following his progress that I just want to keep that going for as long as possible <3

Bless him. I think there's a difference between encouraging them to believe longer and straight up lying. One time ds2 said someone at school didn't believe, I could have said he did, I could have said he didn't, but I just asked what he thought and he said he thought he was real.

I really want to start wrapping now :haha: I think of my deliveries left to come only one thing is a present now, I'm sure everything else I'm waiting for is for the house.

3 sets of School Uniforms has crippled me this month, my oldest uniform is over £100 and that’s before I’ve done shoes as they have to wear logo’ed stuff and the Blazer alone is £38 ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->