General Christmas chat thread!

We had a real one the first year in our first home, but we like to have the tree up so early that it works better with a fake one.

Oh autumnal I am allregic to nickel too! The amount of times I got rashes on my belly from the back of a zip slider! I have to think through every item of clothing. Horrendous isn't it!

I always feel like maybe I'm lacking something because I don't really care how the tree is decorated :haha: I don't do colour schemes, or themes, its all the same stuff every year. I let the boys go for it and just remind them now and then to make sure they are spread out. There's a few more delicate or older decorations that I'll put on and put up higher, but other than that they do what they want and I leave it how they've done it. I kind of like the randomness. I'm the same with the paper, everyone has every colour and style going.

I’m terrible, I reuse my tree but I replace the baubles each year with a new colour scheme; this year is blue and silver x

Oh autumnal I am allregic to nickel too! The amount of times I got rashes on my belly from the back of a zip slider! I have to think through every item of clothing. Horrendous isn't it!
I'm sorry you have it too!! I hate it! My maternity jeans are giving me rashes lately. Once it gets warmer I wear leggings under them but for now I'm itchy! What do you wear for rings? I wear silicone ones most of the time

I don't wear fashion jewellery cause of the allergy. I'm ok with gold luckily :haha:

As for the jeans, what I do is either use see through nail polish on the slider or a tiny bit of a stretchy sticky plaster. It won't survive a wash though so needs to be applied again after.

Ooo noooo I like to do the main tree myself and then the kids have their own tree they decorate themselves. I do love their one . It has all their hand made decorations on . So it’s sentimental to me !

We usually make something every year for it

I was in b&q earlier and saw some 3ft coloured trees, I know the girls want them in their rooms this year but neither answered their phones!! I now know they'd both like the pink ones, I'll try to get over tomorrow as I think we'll be heading in to tier 4 later this week, and I'm not sure if they'll have Christmas trees on the 'essentials' list!!

It’s so hard having to plan for Xmas and then any further restrictions coming into place and sale of certain items !

No allergies but I have a phobia of metallic-ly things. They literally make me heave. The girls love costume jewellery and things but I cannot touch them. I can't even touch the chain on the bath plug urgh.

One year they asked for beads on the tree but even those set me off. I just can't bear chainy/metall-ly things.

No allergies but I have a phobia of metallic-ly things. They literally make me heave. The girls love costume jewellery and things but I cannot touch them. I can't even touch the chain on the bath plug urgh.

One year they asked for beads on the tree but even those set me off. I just can't bear chainy/metall-ly things.
Oh no, does that mean tinsel is out too?

Oh I am sorry, that must be a really inconvenient phobia to have :(

Tinsel is a no no. I can't wear jewellery and even hate touching my keys sometimes.

That must be so awkward as there are some things you just can't avoid, like your keys

Lol I'm a bit odd. Not sure if there is even a name for it ha ha.

Tinsel is a no no. I can't wear jewellery and even hate touching my keys sometimes.
I'm a tinsel lover, but I could live without it (11 months of the year anyway), the jewelry would have been a problem years ago, not so much now.

Both DD's were playing hide and seek whilst recording a TikTok (they can't post them as no account). I thought it was all innocent in their bedrooms as they know they're not allowed in our bedroom... all the stashes are up here and not packed away properly (they didn't know that). DD1 comes down to show me the video, and it had like little snippets of recordings put together. Then it comes up with DD2 hiding underneath OH desk in our bedroom!! Nothing was mentioned from either. 15 minutes before bedtime and DD1 asks me why aren't they allowed in my bedroom and DD2 replies "because all of the presents are in there! Don't worry, I didn't look!!" :headspin: I just ignored the conversation after that. She's going to be working it out before DD1 lol. For god sake.

I keep asking OH if we should break the news or change the story. Make it the case of we buy it and Santa delivers, throw Covid into the story too saying elves are furloughed lol. Ah man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->