General Christmas chat thread!

Fingers crossed you can get a good price for them :)

If it's brand new in box I wouldn't knock much off the price. Playmobil holds value well x

My girls are forever changing their minds

I already got most stuff for lo. and since you neve know when the next lockdown is(germany) i got her lots of activity stuff that she can put on our big roof terrace balcony(on top of a garage and boiler room)

I feel like the shops are not christmassy as early this year. I did buy some decorations and a Christmas candle in tkmaxx today though.

I also found out this week I won’t actually have to work Christmas so now I’m extra excited!!
Here they already have full lebkuchen gingerbread etc out in the LAST WEEK OF AUGUST seriously hey. and 2 weeks later they put out some halloween stuff xD

If it's brand new in box I wouldn't knock much off the price. Playmobil holds value well x

My girls are forever changing their minds
Yeah the box hasn’t been opened, it was originally for his birthday in a few weeks but he doesn’t want them now so I’d rather sell it then have it shoved in a toy box and not played with lol x

I would only go a bit under the new price for the playmobil. You can always drop the price if it doesn't go.

I saw that with the newer grinch on netflix and got excited.

I had to go pay money in the bank (dh is paid cash) so went to home bargains. You're right it isn't overly christmassy yet. I still got some nice christmas bits though. Mostly stocking fillers and things for our elf to bring

That’s a shame about the Playmobil, hopefully you are able to sell it for a decent price so you are not out of pocket too much!
I am going minimal this year, think I will do the 4 present rule (want,wear,read,need) Also the kids always get money from family to buy some extra things they want.
as we are doing more experience’s this year. We full time in our RV, but haven’t done much traveling in the last yr or two. (Visiting with family/virus had us in one place)
So in the next three weeks we are going to travel to some National parks etc, and come back here for Christmas/new year then get back on the road after everything has thawed out a bit to travel quite extensively.
My oldest will be 16 next week, and it’s scary to think how quick he is to becoming an adult, so want to get some good family travel memories in before the time comes for him to leave the nest :-(

I think we will take the kids up to the snow this year to do some snow boarding/tubing. I am looking forward to cooler weather that is for sure :)

Last edited:
I love the idea of travelling

thankfully my husband works from home so as long as we can get internet for his work we can live anywhere, I love it but it’s not for everyone, as you have to not mind living in a very small space lol
I do have friends that travel but stay in air b and bs etc as they couldn’t hack living in an RV.

I think I'd rather have less space than stay in air b&b, my 10 and 6 year old are quite "spirited" and I would worry with someone else's possessions :haha:

I just sold a brand new Playmobil aquarium, which ended up being a duplicate present for dd2. I got back what I paid for it, although I did buy it in the sale, so it was already a bit cheaper. It helped that not many shops were selling it anymore. Maybe wait till nearer Christmas, as there'll always be people locally that can't get to/don't want to go to shops

Thought I'd start again on surveys to help with costs, did 1 survey which threw me into a new panel, installed app which I get paid monthly for, completely forgot about them, signed back in now and saw this :D

3qsS2FD.jpg

I've fell off the survey wagon. Which one is that paying those amounts? The only thing I've kept up with lately is my shop and scan.

Oh no!!
I'm on valued opinions though, I'll have to log back in

I had all the emails coming through as reminders but didn't do any. They were all £2, 3 and 4 each which is annoying. I find valued opinions to be the most efficient anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->