General Christmas chat thread!

Oh yes I can just imagine how annoying this would be. I hope you can get them exchanged in time.

Doesn't seem much luck with the seller as they've not responded to any of my messages even before purchasing on 14th. I was on the phone to eBay this evening merely because it was tracked and showed delivered, so wanted to get my point across first and they opened the claim for me. Have to wait until Wednesday before they can have any other input if seller doesn't offer a solution beforehand. I'm gutted because it's actually really cool!.

Urgh I’ve had no luck with eBay lately ! Things going missing , turning up past delivery times . Luckily the sellers have all been fine and either refunded or sent replacements ! I hope you can get it sorted so annoying

eBay are generally quite good in sorting out issues but I guess they have to give the seller some time to sort it out

We recently bought a memory card for DH and the envelope came ripped open with nothing inside. The seller said we were trying to scam him for £5! eBay stepped in and refunded us immediately.

eBay are generally quite good in sorting out issues but I guess they have to give the seller some time to sort it out

We recently bought a memory card for DH and the envelope came ripped open with nothing inside. The seller said we were trying to scam him for £5! eBay stepped in and refunded us immediately.
Ohhh that’s just cheeky !!

Ebay seller reckoned they refunded me £18, they never. They've been extremely slow on contact, then I questioned about my damaged received lamp. Their response "well do you have tracking for it?" trying to make me pay out! I was allowed eBay to jump in a day early and they've sent me a returns label.

On the plus side, I bought 4 large zipper laundry bags to put presents in like last year. DD2 spotted them and goes "they're for Christmas stuff aren't they?" :haha: she wouldn't specify what she meant so I'm assuming decorations because they're in one too. Last year I got OH to "bring down the dirty washing" on Christmas eve and they didn't question it!

One of the dogs found an elf in the cupboard and left it on the sofa :dohh: so we've had to play along with it then make it disappear lol.

How annoying them saying they refunded you when they haven't!

Lol your DD is onto your plan :haha:

I’ve woken up without a Christmassy bone in my body, sick of having up and down days, I literally feel like a yoyo with my emotions :-( anyone else feeling the same

Big hugs, not yet this year but I've had years in the past where I've not felt very Christmassy

I’m normally Christmassy all year round :-( my anxiety is high, I feel completely zapped if energy and I’ve barely been doing anything, truthfully I shop for the sake of it and to see if it makes me feel anything but I just feel empty x

I spend all year looking forward to Christmas too, but there are days when you just don't feel it

I am also not feeling Christmassy. I felt the same last year because my husband lost his job (he did have another one for Christmas) and now this year with everything going on it just sucks. My husband probably won't even be home because he now works for the NHS and it's unlikely that we will be able to see family :( he works 12 hour days and I'm wondering what is the point of it all?? Trying to stay positive for thomas but if he wasn't here I would just sleep through the day.

I don’t know why I feel like this :-( I’m at the point where I just want to write Christmas off today, I don’t care anymore :-(

Take a few days, get halloween out the way, then hopefully you'll find your spark again

I understand that cause I am the same. We were supposed to go to my childhood home in Switzerland for xmas this year and be there with my parents and my brother and his kids and friends. Not going to happen of course but what is more, it seems not even SIL and MIL, who live on the other side of London will be able to come to us or we to them. So right now I am not looking forward to it very much. But it is only October, hopefully as we move into the actual Christmas season we will all feel better and be able to make the best of it.

So much has changed this year. It's very sad :(

Sending hugs to you all. It’s been an awful year and a few months back I would think oh well at least we have Christmas to look forward to but now as it creeps closer even that’s not going to be the same and it’s so gutting. Christmas is my favourite time and so much of what makes it special will not happen.

I’m itching to get Halloween out the way though because I feel some Christmas festive music, movies and decor will cheer me up or I hope it does anyways. My oldest will not allow any mention of Christmas yet so we have named him the house grinch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->