General Christmas chat thread!

Eeek I think DD1s I pad is on its way out! It is taking forever to charge.

Fortunately we have never had to buy them tablets Her iPad came from my sister when she upgraded and DD2s came from my Nan (she bought one when she was in hospital for 6 months, when she died it wss given to us).
I know in way it's lucky we've never had to buy them but I really don't need the expense right now. May try a new charger.
You might be able to have a part replaced, like you say new charger or charging port or even battery when repair type shops arw open again (could probably do it yourself with youtube video)

ours have today too! Sad for the kids but is it wrong of me to be a tiny bit happy that my house won’t be cluttered with tiny cards.
They aren’t allowing teacher gifts either.

The kids are still having Christmas lunch, a party in their classrooms and Christmas jumper day so that’s at least some normality.

Yes ours are still having a play and all that sort of things so it's only really cards that'll be different. They haven't mentioned gifts but I'm mean and don't buy teacher gifts at Christmas. I'll get something the end of the year if I like them haha

Yes ours are still having a play and all that sort of things so it's only really cards that'll be different. They haven't mentioned gifts but I'm mean and don't buy teacher gifts at Christmas. I'll get something the end of the year if I like them haha

I’m sure schools will do all the can to make it fun for them.
haha well no I don’t usually buy them a gift anyways tbf I have the same outlook. Usually I do like them but there was one year and one teacher who got nothing she was awful!

I didnt even know it was a thing until after the first year at school :haha: there's only really been 3 teachers who I felt were truly gift worthy. We had a good few who were awful. Thankfully they've all left now so I don't have to deal with them haha

My boys have been so lucky and had wonderful teachers. There was one TA that Dominic did not like and he actually refused to even write her a card. So yeah Id not gift them either if they were not nice!

All Holly's teachers have been great. I'm not too sure on the one this year. Holly seems to be a little scared of her as she's quite strict

It's hard to get a proper feel for the teachers this year, isn't it, as we don't have the chance to chat with them after school much. What a year. Sigh.

We have had some that were absolutely awful.
Yes it is hard to get a feel this year.

Dd1s teacher is leaving at the end of this term, quite sad really as I think he's been pushed rather than leave. Hopefully the class can do a collection (being out of work after Christmas isn't nice) or we will just give him a nice card and voucher.

I always do gifts for teachers. School is much easier than nursery when they had 8 members of staff all working with the children. The past two years we've done parent collections.

Haven't thought about this year yet though. I should really get thinking.

OH is literally telling me everything he's buying for me! Yesterday morning he was trying to buy stuff secretly then just goes "ah for god's sake, may as well ask you, what's highlighter?":haha: then started asking me if I'm 'Belle or Cinderella in colours' then thought I looklike I do Belle but couldn't work it out with the finale of "I CAN'T WORK IT OUT HELP!!"

He's bought me trainers, he's bought me 2 perfumes.

Aw that is lovely but I hope that doesn't spoil it too much for you. I am such a child, surprises are so huge still for me :haha:

OH is literally telling me everything he's buying for me! Yesterday morning he was trying to buy stuff secretly then just goes "ah for god's sake, may as well ask you, what's highlighter?":haha: then started asking me if I'm 'Belle or Cinderella in colours' then thought I looklike I do Belle but couldn't work it out with the finale of "I CAN'T WORK IT OUT HELP!!"

He's bought me trainers, he's bought me 2 perfumes.

Haha. DH asked me what sort of organiser I like, so I said the one like last year. He then says what did that look like so I had to show him (it was lovely with lots of sections for calendar, birthdays, budget etc)

Aw that is lovely but I hope that doesn't spoil it too much for you. I am such a child, surprises are so huge still for me :haha:
DH is a sucker for surprises too !! He won’t let anyone open any kind of card/present before their birthdays or Xmas day !!

My brother, sister and I are all single so we go out of our way to spoil each other. My brother is driving me mad this year though asking what I want as I've asked not to get me experiences as it's so difficult trying to book them at the moment, I still have one of last years that I've not been able to use yet. The problem is that I've no idea what i'd like and I'm lucky enough to have everything I need, time to put my thinking hat on as it'll be my birthday just before too.

Its tough when you don't really want anything but people keep asking. I hope you can think of something

I keep getting asked but there isn’t really anything I need or want. I usually have a week away but as that’s not happening anytime soon I’m a little stuck especially as it’s my birthday in Dec too. I’ve put a few things for the house on my family ss wish list but it’s not really for me iykwim, just things the house could do with x

It's such a ridiculous and frivolous problem to have really, it makes me realise how much I have to be grateful for, to be worrying about the cherry on top of the cake and not about if there will be a cake at all!!

Its definitely a first world problem and we are lucky to have people who care enough to get us anything. Doesn't mean we don't feel the pressure of it though, and that's perfectly acceptable

Eek thought the Santa key was lost and couldn’t find another in any shops but thankfully I found it today after clearing out the back of the kitchen cupboard where I keep all the seasonal plates and cups and whatnot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->