General Christmas chat thread!

We’re still waiting for an appeal date. It’s been submitted so far but no date has been set. We’ve had to accept the different schools until the appeal is either won or lost. I’m trying to hold out buying too much for her incase we do win as il be paying out for 2 uniforms for her alone x

How frustrating :( I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Always comes at the worst time doesn’t it, my oldest needs new school shoes but sainsburys had none and Asda’s clothing area is getting a refit grr!
I gave the kids one of the stocking fillers tonight, one of those foodie teddy’s that I may or may not have been influenced by someone else on here that bought them haha. We have had an afternoon for sure! Got a call to collect oldest from school as he hurt his finger, spent hours in a&e and it’s broken. So they deffo deserved a treat (youngest for being patient in the hospital as I had no one to come get him)
Oh no! I hope he's feeling better soon :hugs:

I will check that out thanks :thumbup:

Aww that's a shame :( Seems silly when paper, workbooks, equipment etc is handed around in class but you can't swap Christmas cards :(

Aww that's a shame. They're all mixing anyway so can't see why cards can't be handed out.

Me and the girls have been looking at old Christmas videos and photos. My tree in 2015 when DD2 was 1 looked a mess. Only the top half was decorated ha ha

Yeah we aren't allowed to hand out christmas cards either. But I wonder what the rule is for presents and cards to teachers? I usually give vouchers in cards. Does anyone know?

We haven't been told either way but I'm imagining it will likely be a no with so many schools not allowing it.

Our school is doing cards the children can bring them in week 7th to 11th and post them in the class post box and then they will be handed out a week later :thumbup: we are also allowed to give the teachers gifts as we were when they left the end of year last year :thumbup: I am thankful our school is being very sensible and not making the children miss out too much this year

School have confirmed no cards this year

ours have today too! Sad for the kids but is it wrong of me to be a tiny bit happy that my house won’t be cluttered with tiny cards.
They aren’t allowing teacher gifts either.

The kids are still having Christmas lunch, a party in their classrooms and Christmas jumper day so that’s at least some normality.

Eeek I think DD1s I pad is on its way out! It is taking forever to charge.

Fortunately we have never had to buy them tablets Her iPad came from my sister when she upgraded and DD2s came from my Nan (she bought one when she was in hospital for 6 months, when she died it wss given to us).
I know in way it's lucky we've never had to buy them but I really don't need the expense right now. May try a new charger.

Our school is doing cards the children can bring them in week 7th to 11th and post them in the class post box and then they will be handed out a week later :thumbup: we are also allowed to give the teachers gifts as we were when they left the end of year last year :thumbup: I am thankful our school is being very sensible and not making the children miss out too much this year

Such a simple thing to do and the kids will be so happy !

We haven’t heard anything yet but the kids are not allowed to give our party bags etc .

I think because ours is such a small school the cards tend to be sent between classes and go in a communal post box in the office so it wouldn't just be each child's class, the cards would be crossing bubbles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->