General Christmas chat thread!

Oh no! :( we've only had one case in my kids school so far which seems very low compared to a lot of other schools in the area. I'm sure it won't be too long though before more bubbles are affected.

Hope you manage to get all your wrapping done :xmas10:

Oh no! :( we've only had one case in my kids school so far which seems very low compared to a lot of other schools in the area. I'm sure it won't be too long though before more bubbles are affected.

Hope you manage to get all your wrapping done :xmas10:
Thats good. We've only had one child case and one teacher case in our primary. Some local schools have had to close completely so I think we are doing well

We have only had 2 cases and 2 bubbles (one being my daughters class) so far out of 360 children in her infant school and teachers I think that is pretty good going tbh :thumbup:

We’ve had one case in our primary and 2/3 cases in secondary

My kids school have had no cases
I wonder if that’s because last year majority of the kids and staff came down with a mysterious illness and they had to close the school for 2 days
I still think it was COVID my kids were sooo poorly
It’s a big school too!

Oh wow please we only have 3 weeks to go ! I hope we can see it without any one else having to isolate !!

One of the girls was sent home yesterday, she's managed to avoid 2 previous isolations but this time she sits in front of the person.
Ds's primary has been pretty good, the p2's had to take time at ths start of September, but there's been no one since then - fingers crossed.

It's our year 5/6 I believe. One case in each. Everytime I get a message from school I think 'oh no'

Haha same, every time there's a message I prepare for it to us. Ds1 had to isolate a few weeks ago now due to someone in his bubble testing positive. We had a message this afternoon to say a TA at the primary has tested positive, so make that 3 cases. I still think across both schools we are doing OK, considering we are in swale

Is anyone else getting anxious over the delays in deliveries? I completely understand there are so many more orders right now due to covid and things do tend to get delayed at this time so they are extra delayed, plus people in the depots having to isolate or whatever. I'm not complaining because I'm very grateful they are still working right now. But I've got at least 5 items past the expected by dates, and another was between 28th November and 3rd December so has passed the earlier date. Its making me so nervous about them arriving in time or getting lost and trying to get another in time as lots of things on amazon have already got delivery dates stating after Christmas now.

Hahaha apparently asking the above question was exactly what was needed. Most of my delayed deliveries turned up in the post right after.

Ah glad you got some deliveries! It is a worry isn’t it!

What do you ladies mean by bubbles ?
in schools here each year group or in some cases class, is classed as a ‘bubble’ they can only mix with those in their bubble so classes can’t mix, they can’t use shared spaces and staff have to keep to that bubble as much as is possible.
Just to try and prevent spread so that if someone does get it they can isolate the whole bubble.

What do you ladies mean by bubbles ?
Bubbles at school so in my children's infant school they are in class bubbles of 30 (so do not mix with any other children outside of their bubble at school) I know some are by year etc

Glad your deliveries arrived !

We have had about 5/6 positive cases in our school. Which is pretty good too I think. Some of those were in the same year too so within the 2 week period isolation period someone else tested positive .

Our school has now changed to class bubbles from year bubbles .

Argh it's only night two and the elves are giving me anxiety.

DD1 hates going to bed when we're downstairs. So I have to wait to sort out the elf. I was sitting there panicking about her coming down so I've come up to bed so I can hear her.

I don't fancy setting an early alarm as they'll probably hear it and I don't trust DH to sort it out either.

The things we do to ourselves:xmas13:

We put ourselves through so much in the name of memories for the kids, and we have great memories of Christmas without elves :haha:

So I'm back to feeling that panic I haven't got them enough.

Wrapped the girls gifts today. These are the ones from us that go in their sacks upstairs.

Santa gifts will go downstairs unwrapped however usually I have a few 'big' ones of ours that go downstairs too....we haven't any this year.

They really don't need much else but now I can't stop thinking will they notice there not being much downstairs :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->