General Christmas chat thread!

Good to see you Smartie, sorry its becoming so overwhelming and stressful. I'm sure it'll all come together

Its good to hear from you Smatie, all sounds incredibly hectic, I hope you managed at least a lie down on the couch today, even just an hour. Xx

Really feel for you Smartie...then you have idiots like me that wonder how busy the shops are. I feel for the staff!

I did go to Primark, I didn't see anything 'I needed' so didn't get anything.

Did get some sweets and bubble bath in Poundland.

I don't think I'll be going out much now except food shopping.

We tried on the boys Christmas jumpers and ds3 is the only one without anything. I couldn't work out why then remembered I gave the 10-11 sized one to a friend the other year when she was struggling and school had Christmas jumper day, so I am going to have to try to duck out at some point this week.

Truthfully, it was nothing like this last year - and enjoyable! Not sure if it was due to having more staff so it was less pressure and unnoticeable or because it's just panic buying now.

I especially feel for the one's who closed through lockdowns, they'll be bombarded. Primark definitely shouldn't even have 24hr opening times on their agenda either. Homesense is open until 11pm in our retail park, it's pure cruel. Hope we don't follow suit otherwise I'm just going to resign; already sacrificing human rights between us with minimal rest breaks between shifts.

On the plus side, it started snowing today

snow.jpg

@SmartieMeUp that's so sad how things have gone. I think a lot of companies are going downhill like that, it seems to be a common theme with companies getting more and more out of their employees and not caring about staff morale and human rights :(

Oh wow snow! :cold:

24hoir Primark! Crazy. I only usually go in there this time of year. The que to pay went round the whole shop...I won't be going back.
Hope you get a rest soon, once the schools break up I'd imagine it will be quieter x

Oh gosh Smartie that does sound so so busy! I hope you find some time for yourself too soon! :hugs:

@SmartieMeUp hope your ok ! Try not to get too stressed at take 5 mins for yourself ! Cant imagine working those hours ! I don’t agree with Primark opening hours either 11pm is late enough!

I’m not even planning a trip into my town centre now it’s going to be way to busy and I will just panic .

I was going to go today but my dd was off school with a tummy bug, she’s fine now but figured it’s best I stay in. Will have to go Monday now x

Thank you, she’s pretty much back to normal now. No more temp or sickness and is back asking for chocolate and winding her brother and sister up lol x

Thank you ladies ! that sounds fun ,I can already tell it’s going to get old pretty soon haha but our kids asked why they haven’t been visited by the elf yet ,so now it begins :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->