General Christmas chat thread!

I am sure you did give them enough and they will love all they get!
There were so many years where I saw huge heaps for my little cousins, then my niece and nephews and then even for my own boys and it never went well. What invariably happened was that they all just rip open the presents one by one and hardly spent any time enjoying one present before moving on to the next. It was like a shark feeding frenzy! I promise myself that I will not overwhelm them like that again and also told my family to keep the presents to smaller numbers. I really think that often less is more.

I'm having so many problems with deliveries. We bought a new Star for our tree on Nov. 23 and it hasn't even shipped yet. We also bought a rug for dad's room back in October and it got lost. I still have lots to buy but I don't get paid until the 11th so the deliveries are stressing me out. Nothing is going to get here in time.

I'm sure that they have plenty. If there is nothing they want or need then that's a good thing. But I know how you feel. I dont think it matters what you buy, you'll always look at it wrapped and think it isn't enough, then come Christmas when you need to find homes for it all you'll wonder why you got so much hahaha

I'm sure that they have plenty. If there is nothing they want or need then that's a good thing. But I know how you feel. I dont think it matters what you buy, you'll always look at it wrapped and think it isn't enough, then come Christmas when you need to find homes for it all you'll wonder why you got so much hahaha

Exactly this! I know they have enough but now they're older there isn't so many BIG boxes. If they mention anything specific I may get it but for now they have enough X

Yes it certainly looks less impressive wrapped when its all smaller gifts

It's perfectly fine to not buy a million presents. My mother always went completely overboard when we were kids because she grew up poor and it was fun but not necessary. We would have been just as happy without heaps of stuff. I only get my kids a few things, generally a couple toys and then some more useful things like crafts/books/clothes and do little toys from the dollar store and chocolate in the stockings. They will be perfectly happy!

I'm trying to make my eldest niece understand that it's not about the quantity. I know she's trying to fill the gap her mum left as she always bought loads of gifts for everyone, but I'm hoping she'll begin to understand thats my job and hers is to be the fabulous big sister.

We will always worry we don’t have them enough or they will be dissapointed ! I am sure all our kids will be made up on the day .

I feel the same that DD1 doesn’t have enough but she has and I will pick her up other stuff from now until the big day and DD2 and prob DS , see we could go on and on !

I am buying my last 3 presents off their lists by the end of the week

Has anyone ventured to the shops since they re-opened?

I don't really need anything desperately but still on the look out for pyjamas if I see any. I've resigned myself to the fact we won't be matching and lots of online shops are out of stock :-(

Thought about checking out Primark tomorrow morning but wondering if it will be manic/not much stock.

I need to but don’t want to get caught in queues lol

Dh keeps saying I should go out Saturday, I'm not sure if any of the boys need new Christmas jumpers so might have to go get them before Christmas jumper day if they do, but I have seen stuff on Facebook about it being mental when primark opened at midnight so God knows what it will be like Saturday

I did think yesterday that she hasn't posted in a while, but I wondered if maybe she was working loads as I know she was saying about it being extra busy and the store having extended hours and that. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

I haven't yet but I'm planning to today and not looking forward to it!

I'm here don't worry! :flower: Just dragging myself.

Work is really draining me! 10 hour shifts 6 days in a row. Opening shifts I'm up at 5am and don't get home until 5pm, then evenings I don't get home until 10:30pm (if leaving on time). I have today off thankfully, and back to another 6 days tomorrow.

Tree went up Tuesday night (supposed to be my day off but I got called into work to train new staff who I hired last Friday). Still not finished putting decorations up, still have my SS from here and work to buy, still have my grandads bday/xmas presents to buy, still have OH's bday/xmas to buy then I need to find time to wrap. I'm getting too overwhelmed with little time I have.

I'm here don't worry! :flower: Just dragging myself.

Work is really draining me! 10 hour shifts 6 days in a row. Opening shifts I'm up at 5am and don't get home until 5pm, then evenings I don't get home until 10:30pm (if leaving on time). I have today off thankfully, and back to another 6 days tomorrow.

Tree went up Tuesday night (supposed to be my day off but I got called into work to train new staff who I hired last Friday). Still not finished putting decorations up, still have my SS from here and work to buy, still have my grandads bday/xmas presents to buy, still have OH's bday/xmas to buy then I need to find time to wrap. I'm getting too overwhelmed with little time I have.

Oh bless you hun, remember we’re here if you need to let off any steam xxx

Thank you <3 I'm hoping I'll have some energy to enjoy Christmas.

Sounds like things are hectic for you at the moment you will definitely have earned a rest over Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->