Getting pregnant right after a MC or MMC...

I'm so sorry you're going through this Louby and I hope everything works out well.

Louby so so sorry that the scan was not more positive fx that the fluid reduces in further scans x x big hugs for you and your partner x x

Soaxious don't waste this op tonight tomorrow get that Mayo x x

I have just been to the Dr's... I spoke to a new female Dr and she was shocked and disgusted I was not given Folic acid 5mg last October due to the family history... I said I did tell Dr Jones and all he prescribed me with was 400mcg and I said I refused it as I had that amount in my prenatals! she said to start taking these today... im so angry...

Attachments

• folicacid2.jpg
    folicacid2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
  • folicacid1.jpg
    folicacid1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you ladies, I'm a bit if an emotional mess at the moment. We have never been faced with anything like this before. The medical term they have used for what they have found is Cystic Hygroma (I've never heard of it before) and they have offered me a CVS test where they take a small part of the placenta and send it for tests. This test has a 1:50 - 1:100 chance of loosing the baby even if everything turns out to be ok. They didn't sound hopeful at all and were absolutely preparing us for the worst. Seeing our little bib in the screen and being hit with this is so difficult.

Has anyone ever had CVS test before? X

Louby thinking of you.

Soanxious, so glad you finally got your folic acid.

My opk's are getting darker, it's very exciting!

Here is a picture of bubs, very clear to see the fluid they're concerned about...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
Thank you ladies, I'm a bit if an emotional mess at the moment. We have never been faced with anything like this before. The medical term they have used for what they have found is Cystic Hygroma (I've never heard of it before) and they have offered me a CVS test where they take a small part of the placenta and send it for tests. This test has a 1:50 - 1:100 chance of loosing the baby even if everything turns out to be ok. They didn't sound hopeful at all and were absolutely preparing us for the worst. Seeing our little bib in the screen and being hit with this is so difficult.

Has anyone ever had CVS test before? X

hi Louby, can you ask for new tests of fetal DNA from your blood? It is what my Dr now offers instead of amnio and cvs.

In not sure hun. I will have to find out. They took lots of bloods from me today but I can't even remember what for I was in that much of a haze. I may ring them tomorrow and find out xx

Louby :hugs: I'm sorry you had this news at your scan and are having to worry about it all. I would say don't rush into any decisions, take your time.

I have a friend whose baby had a cystic hygroma at the 12 weeks scan. She refused all tests. As the pregnancy progressed they discovered other things such as possible issue with babies heart, fluid on her lung and they were told it was almost certain the baby had a chromosomal abnormality such as downs or turners syndrome. They still refused all tests. The baby was born recently and has so far done amazingly. No fluid on her lung, no Heart op needed and although she still have markers for a chromosomal issue her tests for downs, Edwards, turners etc are all negative.

Just thought that might help you to know that all could still be ok, be strong, baby has got this far. Keeping fingers crossed and will be thinking of you. Xxx

In not sure hun. I will have to find out. They took lots of bloods from me today but I can't even remember what for I was in that much of a haze. I may ring them tomorrow and find out xx

I am praying for a positive outcome for you Louby!

I just had a feeling she is a little girl... dunno just a gut instinct thing... she/he is Beautiful!! And like you said is growing perfectly with her/his dates... xx

Louby I have found this site.. great ormond street.. and to be honest.. if it was me??? I wouldnt have the tests.. Im not saying you shouldn't but if from what this page says are the problems that they have I would still want to give my baby a chance.. and the tests are always risky even if 1/200000 https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-con...ns/cystic-hygroma/cystic-hygroma-information/

You have to think hard about what YOU want.. I find the medics always want to test and give you the horror stories.. but I would go find a forum where other parents have had this decision to make and go chat with them..

Myself and OH spoke about this last time I was pregnant.. about any tests.. and I said I dont want ANY tests done.. im not interested.. I want my scans and that is it. If it was looking like downs or something like this.. I would just say thank you for the offer but no tests but I will go and read up on what it entails. But we are all different.. and I understand that you have some tough choices to make.

My Brother was born with Spina Bifida and even though he passed away before his 1st birthday he had been a happy child and that's what my mum cherished..

:hug: xxxx

sportysgirl, get to BD'ing!

Soanxious, did the doc think the folic could have something to do with the chemicals?

Louby, my heart feels your pain. I know you must be so worried about your little bubs. Keep the faith and remember that miracles happen everyday. Here for any support you need! I'm hoping you get some answers soon.

AFM, I had spotting for 3 days after the chemical. Now it's gone. I'm worried I won't get a full AF this month. Ready to POAS, so I can confirm.

Hi, other ladies. I'm on my phone which makes it tough to grab all the names!

Hi cutie, may was well poas to deffo confirm... :)

WEll the DR said I should of been put straight on it from last october.. I was put straight on it for all my children and I never had problems with those pregnancies... I know its mainly my age of my eggs but suppose we may never know if I needed that boost of 5mg... willing to try anything.

Hey loub, take it easy and do some more research.
Bubs is pretty cute :). Hold on in there ok huni xo

Glad you got your folic acid so!!! That's great, be bloody good if that's all ya need to grow ya take home baby :)
Cutie- POAS did ya?

Yeah got them... Dr was not happy that I had not been given them earlier considering family history... grrr...

Yep but if this is all that ya need then that's pretty bloody great?!

Oh it would be amazing!! but I doubt it :(

Going to ring monday for my blood results.

Ah don't have too much doubt, you never know.. Results yes I'm excited to know what goes on... Hurry up Monday!!

Ok here are pictures of my horses, hope they make you smile like they do me :)..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe