Getting summer ready. PART 2 - June

I weighed myself yesterday and I've lost two pounds this week :0) I seem to lose these two pounds over the months and regain them like a yo yo so hope I can keep them off and then some! We've booked a holiday in September so I have a bikini date to work to now- a bikini... Eek!

When we had scales I'd weight myself every morning - I know people say you shouldn't be I liked it! Then our scales broke - doh! It feels more nerve wracking having to wait to weight in :) x

Well done twinks, I've added your loss to the first post :thumbup: You'll look fab in that bikini.

I couldn't deal with the stress of weighing myself every day, just doing it makes me feel sick and ties me up in knots, so I just do it once a week to minimise the worry.

Today is my no exercise day :happydance: so I'm staying in my pyjamas. Yesterday was my last day of RI30, just as I was about to press play there was a knock on the door and my sister had come to drop off my nephew for the day as she had to go into work (not expecting that) so for my workout I was accompanied by a 2 and a half year old trying to join in, with regular interruptions of "Helen funny" and "Helen silly". But nonetheless I got it done and I felt fantastic for getting through 4 weeks of Ripped. I must be a glutton for punishment though because I'm challenging myself to do another week of Ripped! Even though I've done it for the 4 weeks you're supposed to I'm gonna do another week so that I've done it 30 times and don't feel like I've cheated!

My proper challenge for this week is diet/nutrition based because of my bad week last week. Although I stayed within my calories each day and for all but one day my fat was below 30%, I'm going to focus more on staying within my calories (1310 a day - net) and watching my macros (carbs - 50%, fat - 30%, protein - 20%). I want to get at least one nice long walk in - weather permitting - and keep doing my daily squats and ab exercises. This will be a good week!

Good luck with week 3, lets see some good losses this week!

Ha ha! My kids are so used to seeing me do my shred dvd now they have lost interest. They did try to join in at first, but DD kept complaining that it was too hard. I was like YOU'RE telling ME! lol!

I'm going to have a good week this week. I officially start my new job tomorrow, so i am going to try really hard to watch what i eat since i will be sat at a desk for four hours a day. It will be interesting to see what happens with my exercise. I'm hoping to carry on doing the shred workouts at least three days a week. I'm thinking maybe level 1 Monday, 2, Wednesday and 3 on Friday with zumba and walking inbetween. I really need to watch my calories the most though. The last couple of days i didnt enter it all on mfp because i knew it'd be way over so i thought it pointless. I scanned my pick and mix sweets in last night (after i'd scoffed them) and nearly feinted!! 1080 calories for 250g!!! I know that's not a small amount of sweets, but i used to eat double that easily at least once a week. No wonder i got to be such a massive fatty!!!! :(

Anyhoo, i'm off upstairs to get in the shower now and do my final measurements and "after" pic for the shred. :)

Not so good weigh in today - lost 1/2 lb for the week - so at 123.5lbs, had done a sneaky weigh in on Weds and was 121lbs but unfortunately we went away this weekend to see relatives and the choices in restaurants were super meat and potato heavy and also ate Mcdonalds as it was a long drive back so undid all the good. Am going to be far more disciplined this week - no blow out days and cutting down on chocs and cakes. Well done everyone else for being way better behaved!

So I lost 5.5 lbs since I last posted last week . Tbh I really dunno how . My weight seems to fluctuate alot . Anyway gonna try keep this going now as I cut out all junk from today on . Said I'd start Monday as I was at 2 parties this weekend and ate out alot . So I'm 120lbs now

So I lost 5.5 lbs since I last posted last week . Tbh I really dunno how . My weight seems to fluctuate alot . Anyway gonna try keep this going now as I cut out all junk from today on . Said I'd start Monday as I was at 2 parties this weekend and ate out alot . So I'm 120lbs now

Well done!

Keyval, 5.5lbs!!! Go you!!!! That's brilliant! :)

I just went back and did level 1 of the shred to see how "easy" it is now i've finished it and i can't believe the difference!! It was all so much easier than i remember it! :D

My eating is still not brilliant, but im in this for the long haul, so as long as my weight is taking a steady downward trend i'm not too fussed.

I've been doing so so good this week, burning lots of calories through exercise, fat is under 30%, protein is up and calories are under. But my mum has come for a visit and brought me lots of chocolate, this is of course great but I'm fighting the urge to binge and eat it all. I absolutely cannot eat it! I know it will take me way over my 30% and I'm determined to have a good week, the only thing keeping me sane is knowing I will have a little treat on Saturday if my weigh-in is good. How do you all fight the urge to eat all the foods! I have a major sweet tooth and live for chocolate, I gave it up for lent and was fine but since then I'm craving it oh so much. Help! xx

PS. My mum did comment on how great I'm looking, she lives quite far away so we don't see each other that often but said my weight loss was especially noticeable in my stomach (thank you ab challenge!)

Had my weigh in tonight... I lost 4lbs :)

So that gives me my 2 stone award and a total of 29lbs lost :)

Helen_beee, I have the worst sweet tooth ever!! I physically cannot let a day go by without eating sweets. It's been a million times harder to stop than smoking ever was!! And I've been quit that ten years now!

Beth_terri, well done you! 29lbs is amazing, I bet you feel so much better in yourself now! :)

I've been doing so so good this week, burning lots of calories through exercise, fat is under 30%, protein is up and calories are under. But my mum has come for a visit and brought me lots of chocolate, this is of course great but I'm fighting the urge to binge and eat it all. I absolutely cannot eat it! I know it will take me way over my 30% and I'm determined to have a good week, the only thing keeping me sane is knowing I will have a little treat on Saturday if my weigh-in is good. How do you all fight the urge to eat all the foods! I have a major sweet tooth and live for chocolate, I gave it up for lent and was fine but since then I'm craving it oh so much. Help! xx

PS. My mum did comment on how great I'm looking, she lives quite far away so we don't see each other that often but said my weight loss was especially noticeable in my stomach (thank you ab challenge!)

Well done Helen_bee on having a good week :0) I know what you mean about chocolate as I've just had three squares of Cadburys chocolate. Went for a walk after with the dog lol but unlikely I burnt it all back off!!

Well done.:thumbup:

Totally gutted that I haven'y lost any weight this week, if anything I've put a little bit on. Don't know how it happened as I worked so hard, I never went over on my calories, being doing RI30 and walking and hour long zumba workouts :cry: I hit my macro challenege at 48% carbs, 27% fat and 25% protein. I mainly ate clean, lots of veggies, NO chocolate. Really disappointed in myself and wondering what I should do for next week. I've still got to do my last day of RI30 today but I'm feeling so unmotivated now. Hope you all have better results than me xx

Totally gutted that I haven'y lost any weight this week, if anything I've put a little bit on. Don't know how it happened as I worked so hard, I never went over on my calories, being doing RI30 and walking and hour long zumba workouts :cry: I hit my macro challenege at 48% carbs, 27% fat and 25% protein. I mainly ate clean, lots of veggies, NO chocolate. Really disappointed in myself and wondering what I should do for next week. I've still got to do my last day of RI30 today but I'm feeling so unmotivated now. Hope you all have better results than me xx

Totm? Working out harder than usual therefore water retention/muscle gain? Sometimes weightloss just stops then I bet next week will be really good!

I had an Indian with friends last night. Feel so bloody guilty I don't think there's a more unhealthy food I could have eaten!! X

Can't blame it on TOTM unfortunately because I don't get AF (bf then implant). I'm hoping next week I get better results but I'm going on holiday over the bank holiday so that's not going to be good! Don't know what to do next week, whether I should up my exercise or mix it up a bit, continue to eat clean or eat whatever I want as long as it's in my calories. Beth_terri I love a good curry, another one of my weaknesses!

I posted my Ripped in 30 results in the other thread but I thought I might as well post them in here as well -

I did 4 weeks at each level (6 days a week). And then I did an additional week of 6 days (mixture of levels) to make my total up to 30 days. (For anyone thinking of doing RI30 you don't have to do a total of 30 days, just the 4 weeks, but I wanted to do the extra.

Starting weight - 143lbs
Finishing weight - 139lbs
Loss of 4lbs (not fantastic but it's better than a gain)

Measurements before RI30 -
Thighs - 21.5inch
Upper waist - 31inch
Lower waist - 34inch
Hips - 37inch

Measurements after Ripped -
Thighs - 21inch (lost 0.5 inches of each)
Upper waist - 29.5inch (lost 1.5 inches)
Lower waist - 30inch (lost 4 inches)
Hips - 35.5inch (lost 1.5 inches)

I loved the workout and even though you can't see a massive change in the pictures I know under all that fat my muscles are toning nicely. I just have to lose the fat so you can see it!

Attachments

• before ripped front.jpg
    before ripped front.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
  • after ripped front.jpg
    after ripped front.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 4
  • before ripped side.jpg
    before ripped side.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
  • after ripped side.jpg
    after ripped side.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 6
This part of the forums seems to have gone really quiet over the weekend.

Anywho my challenge for the week is to do the opposite of what I did last week. No excessive exercise or strict clean eating. I'm going to eat whatever I want as long as it's within my calories and I'm going to start Six week 6 pack but none of this zumba'ing for hours on end followed by marathon walks (it didn't work last week so why bust my ass this week). I'm going to make sure I drink lots of water (at least one before each meal) but other than that I'm going to allow myself a bit of flexibility as I've been stressing so much about dropping the rest of the weight quickly when I need to focus on the long game.

Any more weigh-ins or personal challenges for this week?

Wow I can really tell the difference Helen! Well done! :)

I think you're right about focusing on the long game. I've not had chance to work out today for the first time in well over a month. I'm feeling really bad, especially since we had a family meal at a carvery today. BUT I have to keep telling myself I need too focus on the long game like you. If I can't enjoy a family meal and then miss one day of working out I'm going to struggle in the long term. Ill just try to make better food choices tomorrow and maybe get a walk in as well as the shred.

Must remember to drink water!!! I'm so bad at it!!

Thanks sausages :)

Don't worry too much about the carvery, it's mainly vegetables after all :thumbup:

I love what you said about enjoying a family meal out and missing a day of exercise, after all it's about making lifestyle changes that can last long term, and being miserable isn't what I want to be long term.

Good luck with this week xx

Helen, you look great!

Well, weighed in today but remain suspicious of my scales as I weighed less after breakfast than before. Anyhow, am now 122.4lbs so lost almost 1 1/2 lbs. I seem to fast well on the two days but am definitely eating more than I'm supposed to on normal days. Culprits remain baked goods (biscuits this week) and chocolate - I totally blame the crap weather we're having over here. Its never been this cold so late in the year in the three years I've been here and so am reaching for comfort food (as is my hubby who has also been trying to diet - though different from my diet). Come on summer I want to eat salads and melons!!!!

Good luck to everyone this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->