Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

Name: Emily
Relationship status: In a relationship

How long until TTC: Hopefully in the next 6 months
Reasons for WTT: OH isn't sure; currently waiting for him to decide whether he wants kids at all. Have given him until the new year to think about it (trying times!)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: We want to move to a bigger place but would be happy to do that while pg/after baby is born.
How many children would you like: 2 or 3 but would settle for one.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No, would be delighted with either.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Hmmm, OH (if he agrees to TTC) is definitely on Team Yellow; I would also like a surprise but have a feeling the curiosity would kill me.
Any names you like? Lots: Amelia, Mia, Juliet, Henry, Hugo, Noah.

Name:Marianne
Relationship status:married - 1.5 year, together 6.5

How long until TTC: ideally ttc in jan
Reasons for WTT: working on phd & need to give hubby a bit of time (2 months lol!)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: would like to finish data collection for phd dissertation before giving birth, not necessarily before becoming prego.
How many children would you like: 1-2 + my two great step kids!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Girl but boys are great too
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Yellow all the way
Any names you like? My lips are sealed...

Ps this is the first time I have ever posted on a forum :)

Name: Bee
Relationship status: LTR

How long until TTC: 10ish months! Fall 2012
Reasons for WTT: I am finishing up graduate school.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get in better shape and learn to chart and track.
How many children would you like: 2-5

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would like at least one of each!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Where I live they won't reveal the gender, even if you want to know :(
Any names you like? Yes! Clara and Cohen.

We weren't planning on TTC so soon - ideally we want to get married first. However, I recently found out that I might have some trouble concieving (hydrosalpinx on the left tube) and so we figured it would be best to start trying sooner rather than later. It is all very stressful. I never imagined I would struggle with infertility but I am so glad I found out before we had been trying for awhile.

Hey Sugar-plum elf! Fellow Edinburgh WTT! Hey to everyone else too. Feels good to know we're not alone =)

Hey NurseSooz, I know - am so relieved to have an outlet for my questions and frustrations! Are you a nurse at the RIE? Have seen the website for the new birthing centre there; hope I get to use it one day!!

I'm a community nurse in south central Edinburgh. I've been checking out the new birthing centre. I would love to birth there but not in the Simpsons! (I used to work there). I'd love to go see the unit as I've read all about it on the intranet. Have you seen it? Do you work in healthcare too? It makes WTT and TTC so much scarier =(

No I haven't seen in; just on the net. I don't work in healthcare, to be honest I'm a bit squeamish so goodness knows how I'll be if I do get pregnant. Would you not recommend Simpsons then?

Name: Just call me Razor or Raz (nick name)
Relationship status: Engaged getting married soon

How long until TTC: After marriage unless something happens
Reasons for WTT: Waiting till we are married for a child...before would be bad
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Just building up our relationship
How many children would you like: 2 (one of each)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? One boy one girl
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding the gender
Any names you like? we decided John for a boy after my late grandfather
After his late grandmother for the girl (Name slipped my mind even though we talked of it yesterday)

Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: ??
Reasons for WTT: Having a few health problems at the moment, waiting for a diagnosis of whatever is going on with me, then starting treatment necessary, then going to discuss if and when it is safe for us to try.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose weight!
How many children would you like: 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No as long as its healthy
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Undecided

Name: Amber
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: Feb. 2012
Reasons for WTT: At this point we are just waiting to go to and get back from India, so that I don't have to worry about being pregnant while traveling or while on malaria pills
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Nothing in particular, just want to stay informed about the whole TTC process and pregnancy. Also to hear from other anxious people like myself.
How many children would you like: probably 2-3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Nope, too many great things about either for me
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out
Any names you like? Too many, that will be a fun process

Me and my OH havent really decided on anything about WTT/TTC properly.

Name: Sarah
Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: Unsure.
Reasons for WTT: We're waiting til we're more settled and stable.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Redecorating, maybe?
How many children would you like: I'd love 4. OH wants 2.

Do you have a gender preference? Not at all.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? We havent discussed this far.
Any names you like? Same as above.

Name: Annalee
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: About 4 - 5 months
Reasons for WTT: Just had a miscarriage. Waiting for my body to heal up and life to get back to normal again.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose weight and get a job
How many children would you like: 2 would be nice

Do you have a gender preference? Girl, but it really doesnt matter
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely would like to find out
Any names you like? Girl: Abigail or Olivia .. Boy: Unsure

Name: Chris.
Relationship status: Single and wanting to conceive via donor.

How long until TTC: It could be a year or two.
Reasons for WTT: I'm on a lot of medication, which I wish to stop. I also need to lose twelve stone(164pounds) and get healthy to defeat my PCOS.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get healthy, get fit, help my special needs son with the changes. Get more social.
How many children would you like: As many as I can(my son is already more than ten kids combined and I survived six and half years never getting more than two hours sleep in twenty four.... I can do it for another ten or twenty years as I an a natural insomniac.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Girl as I already have a son.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Oh totally find out the gender! I did with my son and it gave me time to bond and as soon as I saw him on the scan... The only survivor out of seven pregnancies, I knew his name even though it wasn't one I'd chosen.
Any names you like? For girls I like Brontë, Lillabeth, Seraphine, Delphine, Starr, Sparkle, River, Skye. For boys I like Misha, Josiah, Phineas, Finbar, Jude, Xavier, Dewi, Bo.

Anything else? I'm a single mum of a child with hidden disabilities. He's nearly eight and has epilepsy, ADHD, sensory intergration disorder, OCD and a few other problems. I like reading, writing, teaching, learning, sci fi and pets. I currently have two dogs, and a cat.

Name: Jenna
Relationship status: Married since July 2011, Living together since January 2010

How long until TTC: He wants to wait until May 2013, I wanna start September 2012
Reasons for WTT: DH wants me to finish school first and I graduate in May 2013, so I wanna start trying before then in case it takes a while.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get my degree in Elementary Education, save some money
How many children would you like: Ideally I want 4, but DH wants 2. I'm gonna have to do some fancy talkin'....

While pregnant:

Do you have a gender preference? I would love to have 2 of each, but as long as my kids are healthy, it doesn't matter what they are.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'm thinking I want to know, at least for the first one.
Any names you like? I love Emerson for a girl and Alastair for a boy.

Well I guess Im now WTT :thumbup:

Name: Laura
Relationship status: Living with OH been together for 8 years, living together for 3

How long until TTC: Looking at it being in October but if I have my way it will be sooner :haha:
Reasons for WTT: Have just had baby number one in October.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Moving to a bigger house, budgeting a bit better and of course enjoying my sons first year.
How many children would you like: 4! But think I might have to compromise on 3 or 2.

While pregnant:

Do you have a gender preference? As I already have a boy I would love it to be a girl next, but would be over the moon with either.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? As we found out this time, next time I would like to be team yellow
Any names you like? If a boy Mark or James If a girl Olivia or Phoebe

Name: Charlotte
Relationship status: Living with my OH, Soon to be engaged and have been together for just over 2 years :)

How long until TTC: Well we said August but I'd like it to be sooner!

Reasons for WTT: Because I already have two boys who are 10 months apart and I don't think I could do with three children with the same age gap lol

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Nope not really

How many children would you like: 3 - so the next one will be our last!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? GIRL! I have two boys already so I need to even it out a bit!

Finding out the gender or team yellow? oooh I think Team Yellow this time - found out with my boys but as I've got rid of all their clothes that don't fit it means I have 'no reason' to find out if you get me?

Any names you like? Phoebe - When we first met and were talking about children we both said Phoebe at EXACTLY the same time so it's gotta be that!

Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Lia
Relationship status:married

How long until TTC:3 months
Reasons for WTT:have a 3 month old
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC:
How many children would you like:possibly 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?no but girl would be nice this time
Finding out the gender or team yellow?team yellow again
Any names you like?

Name:Caroline
Relationship status:married

How long until TTC: 2 years
Reasons for WTT:LO is only 3 months old.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Nope
How many children would you like: At least 3, maybe 4.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No, a girl would be nice but I love having a boy.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definetly finding out again.
Any names you like? Anthony, Mathew, Katie, Lucy

Hi Everyone :)

Name: I prefer to stay anonymous :)
Relationship status: In a committed relationship

How long until TTC: We don't have an exact date yet, but within 12 months definitely.
Reasons for WTT: We both want to relocate out of our current city. I don't want to be pregnant and having to move. I want to be settled and then try to conceive.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I just want to learn as much about the process as possible. I also love reading other people's story. My partner and I don't know anyone else wanting to start a family. I thought this website would be a good tool to not only learn as much as possible, but to also chat with people that are in similar situations.
How many children would you like:I want one child, my partner wants 3. :O But she is a bit younger than I am, so I can have one and she can have one - that's my compromise.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Although I would love a mini me, I would love even more to have a child period.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I definitely want to find out. What can I say . . . I must always be in the know.
Any names you like? We have a few.

Name: Natalie
Relationship status: Engaged, will be married 8th July 2012!

How long until TTC: About 7 months
Reasons for WTT: Waiting until after we get married.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose weight, get healthy. Had a rough year health wise with a prolapsed disc in my neck and have been in and out of hospital with it, and on a lot of painkillers.
How many children would you like: 3

Do you have a gender preference? Not really
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out, for sure!
Any names you like? Girl:Scarlett, Erin Boy: Ben, Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->