Glasgow mummies-to-be! anyone due in September?

also i got my booking in appointment 10days after my gp appointment because i am soo high risk, that was at 5weeks 3days.

Hi Lynne :)

Congrats on your BFP and so sorry to hear about your hard times.

Its my first and I'm going to southern - have first appointment on wednesday (2more sleeps!) at Maryhill health centre. I will be 14+3 so at least a good scan pic :)

that is true wow your pretty far along to be getting your first scan :D i am 9w2d and already had 4 scans and getting another one at the southern on thursday :D when did you find out you were pregnant? when you due? hope your scan goes well... is the scan at the southern itself?

Found out at 5+3 or the 21st December. Went to doctors the next day and got a copy of "Emma's diary" prescription for folic acid and sent on my way! It seems like I've been waiting forever!!

Scan is at Maryhill health centre and from LMP I am due 19th August :)

Very nervous as have been feeling fine!

P.S - wish I had a few scans like you must of been good to see baby! X

it is but i am soo high risk they have to keep checking baby is still there and growing. i have suffered losses and an ectopic been through years of fertility treatment etc. hence why we got so much care, i never knew any clinics had their own scanning machines thats cool very handy to say the least, alot of people are not trained enough to use them :(... your due more than a month before me i have my booking in scan on 8th march when is your booking in at the southern? it took me 10days to get my appointment for the southern

Hey im not due till October but I'll be getting my first scan at Rutherglen Maternity Care Centre on 8th March. Anyone been there? I had it at the PRM last time around, and I didn't know clinics had there own scanning equipment. It's weird it says on my booking letter that I've to go for my first booking appointment and ultrasound but I'll only be around 9 +5 but I'm not rescheduling, it will no doubt take forever to get another appointment but I might mention while I'm there that I might be too early for my scan, what do you think?

I had my son at the PRM but I plan to have this baby at home with a bit of luck :)

it is but i am soo high risk they have to keep checking baby is still there and growing. i have suffered losses and an ectopic been through years of fertility treatment etc. hence why we got so much care, i never knew any clinics had their own scanning machines thats cool very handy to say the least, alot of people are not trained enough to use them :(... your due more than a month before me i have my booking in scan on 8th march when is your booking in at the southern? it took me 10days to get my appointment for the southern

That's good they are taking care of you and baby :)

I don't actually know about an appointment at southern - my SIL is due in 4 weeks and she went to Maryhill for first scan. Will ask her about booking app

athomemum why would it be to early for a scan?

kinda werid don't understand that one myself have you booked in with the hospital to have you baby there etc? had the downs and such bloods done and what not? i have already had one son so know roughly whats likely to happen know the booking in appointments take up to or over 2 hours which is never fun lol but usually get good scan appointment and due date sorted out etc.

It's my second too but it all seems so different from 3 years ago.

I thought I would get my first scan around 12 weeks, maybe I'm just lucky it's early I dunno. I just told my GP who referred me to The Princess Royal and Rutherglen Care Centre or whatever is where I've to attend for my antenatal appointments (things have changed about since having my son, I used to just attend my Drs surgery) and on the letter it also says my booking appointment and scan will take place there. The last time I was pregnant, I had my booking appointment at my Drs with the MW and then attended the hospital for my scan. I just thought it was odd having a scan so early and not being at hospital for it I guess :haha: I should stop rambling now.

Eta I've not had anything done yet as my booking appointment isn't until the scan date.

Rutherglen don't actually do the scan. They will arrange your scan for you at the Royal so that's prob why your booking is at 9weeks

Same happened with my sister

kinda werid don't understand that one myself have you booked in with the hospital to have you baby there etc? had the downs and such bloods done and what not? i have already had one son so know roughly whats likely to happen know the booking in appointments take up to or over 2 hours which is never fun lol but usually get good scan appointment and due date sorted out etc.

I know on my letter it says it will take two hours for appointment at Maryhill. It was my GP who said I will go to the southern. I've not had any bloods done - this is why I feel forgotten! Hmmm getting worried hopefully get some answers on Wednesday x

ah my son will be almost 5 and never had booking in anywhere other than hospitals because i know there is alot of indepth things that need to be done like blood grouping, dignostic tests and such but every area is different now. so much changes all the time when i was pregnant with my scan you weren't actually offered a 20week scan in the glasgow area, i had bleeding every 2 weeks with him sooo always had scans anyways lol luckily he was born in cambridge as i hate Royal with a passion. not had much dealings with the southern yet but they seem okay the 3times i have been so far.

how is everyone doing?

I had my booking appointment and 12 week scan this morning. Was a tiny bit confused, as all my prenatal appointments will be at the western infirmary, not the southern general. It was really lucky my boyfriend looked at the letter again and noticed, I had never even looked at the address! :D

The scan went really well, everything there, but measuring slightly small (11w5d, so not far off, and I thought those dates were wrong anyway). Because of that, the tech couldn't get a measurement she wanted of the brain, so I have to go back in for another one in 2 weeks time...no problem at all! :D
Saw the little legs and arms wriggle though, and even got a couple of jumps.

The midwives were all lovely, so I'm happy to go there, as it's also a bit closer to the flat and a nice walk through the park. :)

Hi ladies, I have my booking in appointment and scan tomorrow and il only be 10w 3d! Isn't this a bit early for my first scan? I've just checked my letter and I've to go to the princess royal for it all.

I had a lot of problems with my first pregnancy but not really until the end so do you think thats why my scan is early? X

Hey wishful, it could be. When I complained about my late booking appointment they said they see ladies they want to keep an eye on at the princess royal, not in the community.

Septemberbaby - I'm glad they are nice at the western - ill be going there in 2 weeks for my first appointment and scan! Glad your scan went well too. It is so incredible to see our babies!

i am at the southern but the booking in scans are not always done around 12weeks anymore they just do them when they have the space available lol

10weeks is fine for a scan should still get a good picture :D hope all goes well

my booking in at the southern isn't until 8th march i will be 11weeks 5days so not too short of 12weeks but already had 5 scans because i am soo high risk x

Aw congrats septemberbaby! I had my scan last wednesday but baby sleeping and hiding lol but was still amazing! I was so scared to look but OH was like I can see heart beating! :) midwife was lovely and I have to go back next week for further blood test. I got out back a week so have been 14 weeks forever lol. It still doesn't feel real - cant wait to get a real bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->