Glass of wine on due date?

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
I appreciate this could be a controversial question as people's opinions differ with regards to alcohol in pregnancy.

Today is my due date, feeling fed up, no sign of baby. I'm treating myself to a Chinese and really fancy a glass of rose wine with it.

My question is, would you?

Tbh I don't see any harm if its the 1 glass hun but I know ppl may feel differently towards it, my sister smoked weed through her pregnancy and my niece came out fine ( i know its a different thing ) I don't drink personally but I have craved strawberry and lime kopperberg

I had a glass of wine last week, it's the first one I've had since finding out. I don't think a glass will do any harm, I know some ladies treat themselves to a glass a week. :) I'd say go ahead, it's a tiny amount. X

I got married a few weeks ago, didn't know I was pregnant at the time and drank quite a bit. Since finding out I was a bit worried and mentioned it to my GP the other day. He said it should be fine as long as I'm not drinking every day.

The leaflet that the hospital sent to me along with my appointment mentions 1 unit a week is ok. Personally I won't be drinking but it's up to you I doubt 1 glass on will be any harm.

Omg yes!! I've had a few small glasses of Buck's Fizz recently, have probably drunk no more than 1 unit at a time.

Feeling the Same hun would love to chug a bottle of wine lol knowing me I'd go into labour and the nurse be shouting at me hahaha no I'm joking I'd love a wee alcohol free kopperberg wonder if I can get the BF to bring me in some an a bag of ice oh yumm ice it's all I've craved even with my last 2 subway ice xx I'd say go for it babe U won't be the only one I'll be doing the same 😁😁😁

I don't think one glass is a problem at all Hun, personally I wouldn't bother being so close to the end aswell it would seem pointless to me, also if I have one glass I like to have a bottle lmao so I would be gutted if I had to stop at a small glass, I just don't touch alcohol during pregnancy, happy due date, hope your baby makes an appearance really soon for you

That's the only problem.. After I had one glass last week, I ended up wanting more! Obviously I didn't, but I found myself wanting it more than I did before I had a small glass.

One glass of wine will not cause any damage to your lo. Enjoy :)

I don't drink when pregnant but really can't see the harm in one glass on due date at all.

1 glass won't do any harm I'm sure. I'll probably end up having a glass myself around Christmas as my EDD will be right around the corner during that time!

One glass won't do any harm, enjoy! The only reason why I won't have any is because it's easier for me to have none than to have just a little bit - if I had one glass I would just want more!

In my first pregnancy I had low iron and cld not stomach pills at all. So, the mw actually recommend a dark stout or guiness to up my levels. I took her advice. I wouldn't worry about the odd glass of wine or beer now & then. But when you do, I would do it in the privacy of your own home. This to avoid looks & even comments from complete strangers. This pregnancy I have an aversion of alcohol really. No desire at all!! The only thing I do is smell my OH's Whiskey (like an addict) when he has a glass. He doesn't get to drink it as I have my nose in it the whole time.

The first time I saw the midwife at 8 weeks she was telling me she had a glass of wine when she was overdue and went into labour, so go for it :thumbup: good luck.

Well I had one small glass last night. Tasted lovely. But one was definitely enough. No signs of labour though :(

aw that's to bad, I was thinking it would relax you and make you go into labor :haha:

Actually wine stops contractions! When I went into early labor my last pregnancy at 32 weeks, I was given steroids, in and out of hospital and ended up having an irritable uterus. The Dr prescribed me a half a glass of wine everytime a contraction started. Wine has a chemical that goes against oxytocin so it relaxes the uterus. It worked! It would stop my contractions every single time lol

Seen stuff online say go for it. Can chill you out enough to start labour.

My ob told me "Are you going to die if alcohol touches your lips? No. But it's just not really worth it." And I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->