Glass of wine on due date?

I've had the odd glass this time around, with my son I had 1-2 units a week because Midwife said it was fine. Today however, I've been told my baby is right in my back, and my fundal height isn't as high as it should be, and so I've had a glass of prosecco, because the only time I had something sparkly with my son was on Christmas Day with my dinner, and I went into labour 4 hours later. I want this little man out and it seemed to work last time, not to mention even a couple of sips helps take the edge off me stressing :)

My hubby (by the way what is OH and DH?) read an article saying fetal alcohol syndrome is a spectrum and even small amounts can cause issues here and there. I had had a small glass of bubbly (for our anniversary, settlement on our house). I told him I wanted to see the study, and the reason epidemiology was so hard, is there are other factors, genetics, were they taking vitamins, DHA, were they exposed to chemicals (any chemicals that cause infertility often also cause birth defects), biggest culprits that people use liberally are anti-bacterial soaps, sunscreen above SPF 30, etc. Things they don't warn you about. Anyway I said, women have been doing this for a long time. Now they want to limit caffeine for pregnant women. :wacko:
Anyway I feel no guilt nor am I worried about the few glasses I've had. As long as you relax and enjoy it, it's fine. I don't think it's worth it if you'll stress. My aunt was at home having a beer when she went into labor, and her doctor said it was fine, especially at that point. There is a great thread on all the old wives tales to kickstart labor if you get to that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->