Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

deductive- what post-o supplements are you taking? I am slowly weaning down my vitex and have started to use a progesterone cream.

Bug it appears we are both the same amount of weeks into our pregnancies! My due date is September 3rd :dance:

deductive- what post-o supplements are you taking? I am slowly weaning down my vitex and have started to use a progesterone cream.

Well it seems like a million things! I was prescribed progesterone a few months ago, so I take that as a suppository, but I also take a prenatal (of course), baby aspirin (hoping to get doc's opinion on when to stop that too), b6, vitamin c, b complex, and omega 3 with dha.

I have heard baby aspirin can reduce miscarriage risk if you are high risk but otherwise you usually aren't supposed to take aspirin after confirmed pregnancy. The other things I will probably stay on throughout. The b6 I have heard can reduce morning sickness, in addition to its fertility benefits. My doc previously told me they would increase my progesterone if I got pregnant but so far no word about that :shrug:

Guess I will know more tomorrow after my first appointment. Anyone have advice about other things I should remember to ask my doc?

Welcome MamaBunny. And anyone else I missed. AFM, I'm not really feeling much symptom wise today and that kind of freaks me out, but I'm sure that everything is fine. I took my last digital yesterday and it was still 3+ and the lines inside were even a little darker than the last one so I'm sure that the baby is okay. I didn't have much for symptoms with my son either.

I used my Walmart cheapie as soon as I got home and it's a :bfp: as well! I was gonna get a digital but guess there's no need to waste more money on tests.

Attachments

• 20141223_030124-1.jpg
    20141223_030124-1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
Made my first appointment. January 21st, I'll be 8 weeks :thumbup:

I was woken up around 3am with strong stomach pains. Turns out I had to go to the bathroom. But since I've woken up this morning, I'm still noticing some cramp like pains. Stronger than others I've felt so far but I'm not doubled over. I'm about 5 1/2 weeks...this sound pretty normal?

Wonders I have been having pains, twinges and sharp stabs here and there. Yesterday I had some super bad gas pains :haha: I think it's normal in the beginning, but still worrisome. You're not spotting at all, are you?

Wonders I have been having pains, twinges and sharp stabs here and there. Yesterday I had some super bad gas pains :haha: I think it's normal in the beginning, but still worrisome. You're not spotting at all, are you?

No spotting, just cramps. I'm drinking lots of water. They aren't unbearable, just very obvious and worrisome.

Good. I figure as long as there isn't spotting it shouldn't be anything to worry over. I've been drinking water too because I never ever drink it and should but have been so thirsty!

They seem to have let up now, maybe all the water helped. Going to my favorite salad place for lunch...thinking I need some veggies to clean me out, perhaps that was the cause of the pain too? My boobs hurt less today but that happened a few days ago and then got even more sore so I'm trying not to freak about that now. I just want to make it to my scan January 16 and see a healthy baby then maybe I'll relax, since last time I didn't get that far.

wonders- cramps are completely normal- as long as the aren't accompanied by bleeding. xxx I found they were quite noticable all the way up to 8 weeks with my son

My boobs are really sore, more so than when af was about to show (which would be tomorrow). I'm drinking some warm chicken bouillon since I've felt a bit like I'm coming down with a cold. That's why I thought my temp spiked on my chart but apparently I had a different type of lil "bug" :winkwink: Be sure to relax and take it easy wonders :hugs: My first appointment is a few days after your scan, but I doubt they'll do anything but go over my health history and family history :shrug: I super anxious!

Just found out the my SO spilled the beans to his mom :dohh: We were supposed to go buy a little newborn pair of shoes today and tomorrow after we gave her the first gift we were going to give her a small gift bag with the shoes in it and surprise her in front of all of his family. I guess I can't be too annoyed, he's obviously super excited :happydance: We still have his dad and that side of the family to surprise... I hope!

I had a lot of cramps too, but its let up. So other than being literally exhausted all the time and sore boobs, I don't feel pregnant either.

I am with you ladies on the cramps. I have been having them off and on for the past week or so. I am sure it's totally normal, but it still worries me, especially since I am uncertain about my progesterone levels.

Had a very disappointing doctor's appointment today :cry: It would have been fine, except that they told me two different times that it would be a dating ultrasound appointment and then they didn't do one :growlmad: I think it was a case of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing, ugh. But I feel bad DH wasted some leave coming to it too, when there was nothing to see. He still seemed fairly happy to come along - maybe he just liked helping me change into my examination gown :winkwink:

Instead of my promised imaging, they took blood (again - at least I'll get new HCG and progesterone levels to reassure me), did a pelvic exam, and then asked me if I had any questions. Also, the doc insisted I was only 4.5 weeks when I am quite precisely 5 weeks based on LMP (and a bit beyond if you go by O date), which irked me. They didn't even estimate my due date! Of course I can look that up on the internet, but still. Not entirely sure what the point of this appointment was.

They also asked for two urine samples because the first one wasn't enough, evidently. I doubt they were any happier with the second (it was even less I think), but at that point I was out of pee so I guess whatever they were testing will have to wait until next time! If it was a urine pregnancy test, that was clearly a waste of medical supplies. They were doing an HCG test at the same time!

Anyway, at least I got to find out when my real dating ultrasound will be...and it's not TOO much of a wait. Because of scheduling issues, they are doing it on the early side still - January 2. I should be 6w4d (by O date) or 6w3d (by LMP) that day. Let the 10 day countdown begin. Hoping to see the heartbeat!

Thanks everyone for your comforting words. Cramps are sort of kicking in again, it just feels achy down there. And I'm tired and have a headache so all in all, just not feeling great.

I had a bit of a panic though. I went to the bathroom and as I wiped I noticed the tiniest dot of greenish snot like discharge on the toilet paper. Like less than a pencil eraser. So now I'm worried it's the start to spotting or some sort of infection. I went again to the bathroom and nothing at all on toilet paper this time. I think I should stop looking at the toilet paper. Ignorance is bliss.

Also, my doc mentioned that it wasn't uncommon to experience some spotting around this time of my pregnancy (which may be true, although I sure hope I don't!). She said that was because this is around the time of implantation, and it could just be implantation bleeding.

BUT with a positive test a couple of weeks ago, isn't it a bit weird to call any bleeding I see at this point implantation bleeding? Surely the bean has implanted by now, and bleeding I saw would be from something else, right?

Anyone know how long you can still call it implantation bleeding? And, if not implantation, what else causes non-miscarriage-related early pregnancy bleeding? Very confused. Thanks!

Spotting this early in pregnancy is pretty normal as long as it is only spotting and it stops. My doc said to call it breakthrough bleeding and it usually occurs at 4,8, and 12 weeks approximately. He said it usually happens for two reasons, 1. You're little bean in digging it's way in deeper. Or 2. You're hormones haven't regulated themselves enough for your body to actually realize that you are pregnant. I had it like clockwork at 4,8, and 12 weeks with my son. So far nothing this time. Oh and as for cramping, I've had some pretty horrible cramps with my two healthy (so far) pregnancies and it doesn't compare at all to how bad the cramps were when I actually was miscarrying. Those were so bad I just curled up in my bed and cried because it hurt so bad. Oh and whoever asked about the green gunk! As long as it was like a yellows green and not a like really vibrant green I think it is actually normal. Your body is building up all kinds of mucous to make your mucous plug. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->