Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

With my son I literally had no symptoms other than heartburn and being tired until I started feeling flutters at 10 weeks. This time I seem to have nothing except being tired and super emotional. I swore I felt a flutter or two yesterday but nothing so far today.

So excited for you, amanda! Can't wait to hear how it went!

AFM, still experiencing a lot of nausea but so far still no vomiting (I'm on day 4 now). Anyone who's done this before, what was your experience with morning sickness? When did you first feel it, when did vomiting start (if ever), when was it at its worst, and when did it trail off? Apparently there's a strong family history of severe morning sickness, but I am hoping since it hasn't been too bad so far that I will have a more mild case :nope:

Also, any tips on how to manage? I have to work so that's made it more difficult, but I've been having some success with acupressure during the car ride (DH drives, thankfully), eating small bites of food semi-continuously (and only eating what I feel like, as much as possible), and having hot tea in the morning to settle my stomach. Any other miracle cures or unique tricks? Hoping morning sickness won't make me miss out on all the excitement of this time (of course, it is helping to distract from my worry...)

Sorry you're feeling so sick! I was terribly sick for my entire pregnancy with my daughter (lost 25 lbs in the first 3 months!) Things that worked best for me was drinking small amounts of ice cold water and eating small amounts of bland foods often. I always had snacks like crackers or almonds on hand. Hopefully it eases up and goes away soon!

So glad your ultrasound went well Amanda!!

Looks like a few of us have ultrasounds coming up soon! I have one tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous! Like I said, I was super sick for my first pregnancy and I feel great this time around. I'm worried that its just too good to be true especially considering I got pregnant just 2 weeks after my miscarriage!

So excited for you, amanda! Can't wait to hear how it went!

AFM, still experiencing a lot of nausea but so far still no vomiting (I'm on day 4 now). Anyone who's done this before, what was your experience with morning sickness? When did you first feel it, when did vomiting start (if ever), when was it at its worst, and when did it trail off? Apparently there's a strong family history of severe morning sickness, but I am hoping since it hasn't been too bad so far that I will have a more mild case :nope:

Also, any tips on how to manage? I have to work so that's made it more difficult, but I've been having some success with acupressure during the car ride (DH drives, thankfully), eating small bites of food semi-continuously (and only eating what I feel like, as much as possible), and having hot tea in the morning to settle my stomach. Any other miracle cures or unique tricks? Hoping morning sickness won't make me miss out on all the excitement of this time (of course, it is helping to distract from my worry...)

Sorry you're feeling so sick! I was terribly sick for my entire pregnancy with my daughter (lost 25 lbs in the first 3 months!) Things that worked best for me was drinking small amounts of ice cold water and eating small amounts of bland foods often. I always had snacks like crackers or almonds on hand. Hopefully it eases up and goes away soon!

So glad your ultrasound went well Amanda!!

Looks like a few of us have ultrasounds coming up soon! I have one tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous! Like I said, I was super sick for my first pregnancy and I feel great this time around. I'm worried that its just too good to be true especially considering I got pregnant just 2 weeks after my miscarriage!

Thanks for the tips, InHisPlans! Still feeling very sick, but thankfully with the holidays I've had a bit more time to rest at home than normal. Not looking forward to a full week at work next week! I wrote to my doc to ask about nausea medications. I hate to take anything, but I might just have to during the week.

P.S. I read that morning sickness is worse when you're carrying a girl (something about higher HCG levels), so maybe you are less sick because it's a little fellow this time?

Had my first ultrasound this morning! Mom, sister, and DH were all there and we saw our little sweet pea for the first time <3

I was measuring 6w3d based on the crown-rump length (right on for my LMP date, one day off my O date) with EDD August 26. CRL was just about 6mm. Plus, we saw a heartbeat! It was amazing - I could actually see the little heart fluttering. HR was 126 which I think is normal for around 6 weeks.

So happy about our sticky bean (despite the morning sickness)! Will post pics later.

So super happy for you D! Can't wait to see the pics. 2 more hours til I leave for mine. And, ugh, I'm so sick. Not ms but the virus dd has. She has an ear infection and im starting to wonder if I have one too? Do adults even get ear infections?

So happy for those of you that have had ultrasounds. I have my intake Wednesday at 10 am. They will give me a pregnancy book and have me do blood work. I will get my first scan appointment then.

Aww Deductive that's so awesome! I can't wait to see or hear my baby's heartbeat!

Saw the hb! Woo hoo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 9
I'm on point from my o date. My ticker is from my lmp. So I'm three days behind. Not enough to move my edd though. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the end.

I'm interested to see if I measure closer to my o date or LMP. They are six days apart so it does make a difference because it takes me from 7 weeks, 3 days to 8 weeks 2 days on Monday.

love the ultrasound pics! Mine is a little over a week away. So excited.

So jealous! Mine isn't until jan 30 :(

Wow I have peed SO MUCH today! :loo: I had to use the restroom twice while out on a quick shopping trip... I went then 15 minutes later had to run back to the restroom again! I've been going and going all day. My bf looked at me all worried and asked "Is that NORMAL?!" :laugh2:

Wow I have peed SO MUCH today! :loo: I had to use the restroom twice while out on a quick shopping trip... I went then 15 minutes later had to run back to the restroom again! I've been going and going all day. My bf looked at me all worried and asked "Is that NORMAL?!" :laugh2:

Same here! I have been getting up once or twice during the night when my usual is none, but just today, I really noticed it during the day. I was feeling like I was in the bathroom a lot! And went a good amount every time!

Lol it's normal guys. It will possibly get better in your second trimester if you are on of the lucky ones. But then it will get way worse in the third trimester. I pee fairly often usually and then when I'm pregnant if I drink anything I have to pee atleast two times per drink of water or juice or whatever lol.

For those of you experiencing morning sickness I just wanted to say that Jamieson prenatal vitamins are the best prenatal vitamins I have every taken. On top of having all the great prenatal stuff that you need, they are made with peppermint so instead of making me want to vomit like my other ones did, they actually help to settle my stomach. Just make sure you take them with water because anything else makes it taste funny lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->