Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Welcome Mummy :hi:

I still can't really grasp that I'm pregnant. I'm looking forward to my first appointment with my doctor in a week. We'll get to actually hear our baby's heartbeat (I hope [-o<) and then I think it will finally sink in that this is really happening!

Welcome Mummy!!

JandJ, I thought i was crazy because I've been feeling flutters too. I thought I would be to early to feel them but I do. So I'm glad your feeling the same.

Mamabunny, sorry your having to deal with this stuff. And please don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like your SO needs to grow up a little. We love our fur babies too, but my family comes first. Good luck hun!!

Its been crazy here, I've had 5 appointments in 5 weeks. 2 from my ob and 3 from my sugar doctor. So far we've had no luck getting my sugars under control but they are getting there! I'm so close to getting out of the first trimester and that excites me. :happydance: I hope everyone is doing great!

Who here is finding out the sex of their baby? We are for sure. I'm a super planner and really want everything ready for when he/she gets here.

OH, and JandJ looks like both our babies will be close in ages. My son just turned 15 months last week :)

Who here is finding out the sex of their baby? We are for sure. I'm a super planner and really want everything ready for when he/she gets here.
I think we are. It's funny, when I first got the BFP I'm thinking leave it a surprise and DH really, really wanted to find out. Then I kinda came around and was thinking it would be nice to find out, but now DH is like "oh we really don't have to find out if you don't want to!" :rofl: Goofball!

I'm still leaning towards finding out but we'll see!

I am! And somewhat soon...getting my Panorama bloodwork done on Friday! :happydance:

Bump update!
(My apologies for tacky bathroom selfie; I'm at work):
20150128_105051.jpg

Great bump Mamabunny!

I already had a "bump" when I got pregnant lol, but I am definitely noticing my lower belly is getting a bit fuller and rounder, and can't really suck in anymore. People probably just think I've gained more weight :blush:.

That's relaxed for me but I've tried sucking in and it doesn't help much now. It's half food baby/half fetus :laugh2:

I like the bump pic!!

I def have something going on-half bloat from not going to the bathroom I think and maybe some baby. The nausea has been really bad this week, worse than it has been this whole time. I trust that's a good sign, so no complaining here:thumbup:

I hope everyone is doing well!

We will not be finding out the sex of the baby, I am a big planner, but I just think it's one of the few surprises that can't be spoiled in life and so I don't want to find out. I suppose if we have more children I may change my mind the next time around.

I find out February 14 at 3pm MST what were having. I'll be 13 weeks. We are paying to know:)

Sorry I've been so behind on this thread, it moves too fast for me! Ive only just caught up. So glad everyone seems to be doing well :flower:

I love the bump pics. I keep wondering when I will finally get my own lil bump, nothing yet! Who else is sooooo ready for 2nd tri?! I know this girl is! Bring on the bump, maternity clothes and most of all the END of hyperemesis! Come on 12wks!

I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like anything and everything puts me in a foul mood or makes me upset. I don't mean to sound bratty but really don't care. I'm particular about things (aka "picky" if you will). My other two children were born when I was super young and I relied on my parents and others to help with everything - supplies, the nursery, shower, etc. This time with me being older and much more stable and since I got rid of all my baby items almost 10 years ago, I would like to get certain new things for this LO. My SO and I had looked at some crib sets as well as strollers, swings and high chairs. We found a crib and chair we both like and saw some nice swings. I have always wanted one of the swings that sway side to side (if I ever had another baby) because they didn't have them when my daughter was born. Well I think last week his mom sent me a text about a crib on a Facebook garage sale site for $40 with no mattress. I didn't respond because at the time I was overwhelmed with anxiety and negative emotions regarding my SO or something related, plus his mom had went with us to my first 8 week appointment and pretty much invited herself to the next appointment where we will hear the heartbeat and my SO told her she could come without hesitation (I discussed that matter with him shortly after). She had also contacted my SO and told him she wanted to get the stroller, but it had to be from Kmart so she could put it on layaway since she didn't have the money right now. Him and I had a stroller picked that we liked and it's $100 more at Kmart but I had also told him that I'd like him and I to go to other places and check out strollers and things to make sure we got what we wanted. Now his mom sent me a photo of a swing listed on a Facebook garage sale site for $15 and says she's getting it for me. I appreciate the gesture and am glad she's excited about her first grandchild but I wish she would calm down a bit. It's still early and him and I were planning on having a BaBy-Q coed shower/diaper party for our friends and family. Being this is his first child, I am sure his family will want to get things for the baby and that's why I told him we will have to start a registry at a few places. Then whatever we don't receive we can get afterwards. His mom could pitch in on items with us if she wanted or go in on an item with another family member. Or she can get some things for her house. I told my SO his mom getting the swing and he was super excited. I told him it wasn't what we had looked at and he said it shouldn't matter, a swing's a swing and if his mom wants to get things now why shouldn't she. I just told him forget I even said anything. Like, just WAIT until we have the shower and then worry about getting things. Not to mention I'm still dealing with other issues, his dog and trying to work on the house - see this thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ent-conceived-need-vent-thoughts-welcome.html. I'm so over this. :cry: I feel awful, it's like the only thing I enjoy about this is the simple fact that I'm pregnant. I feel ungrateful too because I know plenty of women trying to conceive their first and would love to be in my position.

We will be finding out some time next week. I took the harmony test this past Monday and they said results will come in 7 to 10 business days so sometime between Wednesday and Sunday? I'm on egg shells! Not for sex, just for chromosomal abnormalities.
I don't care either way on sex, I just want to know so everything can be here and ready before baby. For dd, I had everything ready except her wall mural. I tried to do it after she arrived- it literally took two months and help from loads of friends and family.

I already had a "bump" when I got pregnant lol, but I am definitely noticing my lower belly is getting a bit fuller and rounder, and can't really suck in anymore. People probably just think I've gained more weight :blush:.
Eheheh this is me right now. I know my uterus is still tiny so my bigger belly is just bloat, bloat, and more bloat. :lol:

MamaBunny your SO's mom sounds like how my MIL would be. It's actually one of the reasons she's still in he dark about things. We know what we want and what would work for us, but she always has her own plans she likes to shove on people. Is there any way you can tell her to wait on things, especially since you don't have a registry yet? I know with anxiety confrontation isn't easy at all, but this is stuff you've got to nip in the bud or else it'll only get worse.

I know I haven't been on here in a while but im 11 weeks today and I have an appt. In 4 days to check on the baby I hope!! They may not give me a scan tho :( I hope they do BC idk if its the hormone pills or pee but in the part week I've been filling up a pad a day with fluid and its scaring me so I'm gonna tell them and get the baby checked. I have felt the baby move three times already <3 which is crazy BC this is my first and I didn't think I could tap into that without haven felt it before but I'm pretty sure it was baby and it was the same feeling all three times!! It was like little flutters and exactly like something moving arms and legs against my skin on the inside in a certain spot it almost felt like I could feel like the baby was doing. The bad thing now is that on just now gettung sick.and its mostly in the afternoon. My boobs are still really sore and hurt really bad if I go to bed without a bra! Other then that I just get irratated a lot at work and get flustered with not being able to do some things myself like lifting heavy stuff. K well I'm off for now I will update after the baby visit. Y'all stay well and take care :) and I did miss y'all I just don't have much new stuff to report except telling how excited I am to be moving to the second tri soon :)

Nice to see all the updates on here. Seems like activity had died down for a bit. I have an appointment with my midwife this afternoon - hoping that she will use the fetal doppler since I am pretty sure she'll pick up the heartbeat (we've been able to find it for two weeks on the home doppler). Assuming we hear a heartbeat, we are planning to start letting people in our lives know after today. Of course, the main people already know.

Bump update: Nothing! Envious of your adorable bump belly mammabunny. Of course, as others have already said, I already have a bit of a belly so who knows what's going on under there. I feel pretty bloated but really haven't noticed any more of me poking out than usual. Guess I'll just be happy it's still my own little secret.

As for the gender, DH and I definitely plan to find out. We are anticipating a lot of hand-me-downs and want to give some guidance on sex for that. Plus, I prefer gender neutral designs, but the room we want to use for our nursery is currently painted lavender (by previous resident). If it's a girl, I think we'll put up with the color but if it's a boy we'll probably change it.

Anyone who's had an NT ultrasound in the past, did they usually tell you then if it was a boy or girl? I'm assuming they'll be able to see by then if they want. I haven't scheduled ours yet but it'll probably be when I'm around 13 weeks.

I am! And somewhat soon...getting my Panorama bloodwork done on Friday! :happydance:

I find out February 14 at 3pm MST what were having. I'll be 13 weeks. We are paying to know:)

We will be finding out some time next week. I took the harmony test this past Monday and they said results will come in 7 to 10 business days so sometime between Wednesday and Sunday? I'm on egg shells! Not for sex, just for chromosomal abnormalities.
I don't care either way on sex, I just want to know so everything can be here and ready before baby. For dd, I had everything ready except her wall mural. I tried to do it after she arrived- it literally took two months and help from loads of friends and family.

So excited to hear what everyone is having!! I can't wait to find out mine :)

I will have to hold off on finding out the sex. Turns out I somehow thought it was Panorama bloodwork, but its actually the Materniti test or something like that. That one does not tell the sex so I'm out of luck until my anatomy scan later on.

So I've had mild cramping all morning (it's since stopped now) and when I used the restroom had some pink/brown tinged CM or whatever on the toilet paper :shrug: Of course I'm freaking out :sad2: Him and I have been at odds lately, lots of stress and fighting but did someone manage to :sex: a little this morning. I'm hoping it's nothing serious and will go away.

Mamabunny...I know how scary that is! Could it have been from sex? I think that is what caused mine and it just took a couple days to get out (plus it was brown). Or have you been extra active?

Fingers crossed it stops soon for you! Definitely try to take it easy the rest of the day. Could you call your doctor? Especially on a Friday, its hard to wait over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->