Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

I called and the nurse said to wait it out. If it gets worse I'm to call labor and delivery and go in. I figured with all the stress and crap going on at home it's not good on me. My appointment is Wednesday so will hopefully hear something then.

GL bunny! I bet it's from Dtd.
Deductive- we weren't told anything regarding gender at DD's nt. But I've seen many who have been told at that point, so I'd say it's a toss up.

With the NT scan i think it depends if its a boy or not. Because it can change from a girl to a boy anywhere up until 16 weeks but if it already has boy parts at 12 or 13 weeks its not going to change back haha. AFM, sorry i haven't been on alot I've been really busy and just haven't had time. I'm still feeling flutters every once and a while, mostly at night and mostly when i lay still for a while. Its crazy because I forgot how they feel and its amazing. Today has just not been a good day at all and tonight wont be much better because we have to try to sleep train my son and that's going to mean lots of crying. :( I was in a bad mood and hoping to hear the babies heartbeat but I'm so darn bloated I'm having a terrible time finding it. I found it for just a few brief seconds and then lost it and couldn't find it again. :(
Oh and we are also finding out the sex of the baby but we wont know until the anatomy scan at 20 ish weeks.

With the NT scan i think it depends if its a boy or not. Because it can change from a girl to a boy anywhere up until 16 weeks but if it already has boy parts at 12 or 13 weeks its not going to change back haha. AFM, sorry i haven't been on alot I've been really busy and just haven't had time. I'm still feeling flutters every once and a while, mostly at night and mostly when i lay still for a while. Its crazy because I forgot how they feel and its amazing. Today has just not been a good day at all and tonight wont be much better because we have to try to sleep train my son and that's going to mean lots of crying. :( I was in a bad mood and hoping to hear the babies heartbeat but I'm so darn bloated I'm having a terrible time finding it. I found it for just a few brief seconds and then lost it and couldn't find it again. :(
Oh and we are also finding out the sex of the baby but we wont know until the anatomy scan at 20 ish weeks.

Last one I found out at 14 weeks and he was boy and was still a boy at 20 weeks. I have friends that found out at 12 and 13 weeks that their having girls and they stayed girls. Technology is pretty good.

I'm not saying technology isn't good. its just that at least in Canada they generally wont tell you with certainty that it is a girl until at least 16 weeks.

I'm not saying technology isn't good. its just that at least in Canada they generally wont tell you with certainty that it is a girl until at least 16 weeks.
I keep hearing they won't do it until 20 weeks in my area. :wacko: Unless I get lucky with a cancellation I won't even have my first scan until 12 1/2 weeks so I'm curious as to what will happen. I'm trying to participate in a genetic study also so I might not even need a scan for gender. We'll see!

Our private place will tell you at 15 (they are not a medical place) but our doctors won't tell you til 17/18.

my actual OB won't have me find out until 20 weeks, but I am paying a place that does 3D and 4D to find out early.

The cramping and spotting went away thank goodness! We spent most of Saturday working on the new closet in what will be our bedroom. He hung the rest of the drywall and I slapped mud on it all. Excited to sand it, apply more mud and eventually get it to where we can paint :thumbup:

I won't have a scan until 20 weeks because that is the time that my doctor feels it is the most accurate to tell the gender which is fine for me but I wish I could have a scan before that but oh well.

Hey ladies! My 10 week appointment went well yesterday, for the most part. My SO met me there. I gave a urine sample, checked blood pressure and weight (141.5 from pre-preggy 136) then got situated on the table, awaiting the doctor. He immediately checked for the heartbeat... nothing... checked more... nothing... checked some more... still nothing :sad2: I was super tense and panicking. He went ahead with my exam. I asked "What if you can't find a heartbeat?!" He didn't seem concerned. I was in SUPER PANIC MODE. I was scared, mad, worried, sad... but I tried to reassure myself that if there seemed to be an issue that my doctor would say something, especially during the exam. I asked him if my cervix was blue which made him and the nurse laugh. She said "Sounds like someone's been doing their research. I don't think I've ever heard someone ask that before!" (FYI it wasn't blue. Guess it's an early pregnancy thing and only a percentage of women get it :shrug:) After he finished with that, my doctor said he would try moving my uterus upward towards my abdomen to try and get a listen for the heartbeat. It was kind of awkward, him digging all up in me with one hand and using the doppler with the other, pushing around and all. But then finally...

We only got to hear it for a few seconds because of course as soon as that little heartbeat came on I started to cry which made me tense up and the doctor lost it. But it's enough to reassure me that I am really pregnant. There's a baby in there! :thumbup:

*Sorry I'm not sure how to attach the video file as an actual video in the post. I think it downloads the clip :shrug:

Aww, love that video! Congrats! I cannot wait to hear mine! My next monthly visit is next week and I really, really hope they will try to take a listen...I'll be 12 1/2 weeks by then!

I had to shorten the video to post on here. I don't think it was long enough, but at the end you can hear the doctor say "Oh don't do that I'll lose it" and me kind of crying/laughing saying "I'm sorry!" and my SO calmly says "It's ok baby"... so sweet! NO she was NOT there and I'm glad it was just him and I as it was a very intense, special moment for us :thumbup:

Him and I had a nice brunch after the appointment. His mom kept texting him once he sent her the video clip and actually called in as I was trying to record the clip onto my phone from his :growlmad: Then as he was leaving to go back to work I seen she texted him "Are you still at the doctors?" Chill, lady, chill.

I was just thinking how terrible it would be to have her there while the dr was digging around up there so much. Thank god you put the kibosh on that one.

Exactly! Wasn't it you that mentioned before how awkward it would be with the doc digging all up in there and her being there? Well he literally WAS digging ALL up in my business :haha:

It was a great experience for him and I and definitely makes me think twice about other special events like the ultrasound and delivery and how that will all go down.

Congrats mamabunny-so exciting to hear baby's heartbeat :) and I am glad you were able to share it with just your SO.

How is everyone doing this evening?

I am doing okay-the nausea is still kicking my butt depending on the day. It's usually worse in the evenings. Although yesterday it was a rough morning and I ended up saying screw it and came home early from work. Took a 3 hour nap and felt much better! I can't wait for our 11-12 wk checkup-it's a week from tomorrow.

Speaking from experience anyone that you wouldn't walk around naked in front of and bend over showing off the goods should not be in the delivery room. My mom was in there and so was my husband and this time around I would have it exactly the same except my mom will be at home taking care of my son. My husbands mom kept trying to get into the room once I got induced and her and his sister made it in once or twice and it was the most awkward thing ever. Also, after delivery especially if you end up with a c-section like I did, do not let people come visit in the hospital! If you have a vaginal delivery it probably wouldn't be so bad but you will only be in there for like 24 hours, people can wait. If you have a c-section you will be there minimum of 48 hours and trust me, so many embarrassing things happen in that 48 hours that you will not want anyone in there except your baby and your SO. Not to mention you will be like completely out of it the first like week after the surgery.

Yeah DH and I had a talk about who will be there and who won't. No matter what happens, home birth, hospital birth, or c-section, it's just going to be him and me for the actual birth part.

Everyone else can wait until I'm recovered enough no matter how long that takes, especially if I have a c-section because I take forever and a day to recover from major things like that. The last thing I want is too many visitors too soon and hanging around for too long on top of me feeling like crap being in the middle of recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->