Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

That's quite an 11-week bump you are sporting, mama! Have you told everyone at work yet? I am still planning to wait a bit, but I don't have such obvious evidence to try to conceal :thumbup:

Anyone else showing yet? When did it start? I am just past 12 weeks now and still not seeing much (took my first official bump pic last night so I can compare over time). I think my waist is getting a bit thicker, but definitely no clear baby bump (although, to be fair, I already have a bit of a belly so it's harder to tell). I like being incognito for now, but just wondering when I should expect it to be obvious. I met quite a few expecting (first time) moms this past weekend and only those who were around 20 weeks plus appeared obviously pregnant to me.

I told my boss and the plant manager at work a few days past 8 weeks along. We had plastered our public announcement photo all over Facebook and I didn't want my boss to catch wind of it without officially hearing straight from me.

With my first I didn't show til nearly 20 weeks. Here I am at about 18 weeks:
2015-01-07_14.46.47.jpg

Deductive, I'm not showing yet either. But this will be my first. Ive never made it this far before.

I'm not showing either but I can definitely tell that my belly is growing. I also have a belly to start with but its much harder to suck in and it seems to get pushed up into my boobs sometimes. The lower part is definitely bigger, no more buttoned pants for me. But if people really look, they'd probably never guess it was because I'm pregnant.

this is my second and I started showing at 11 weeks, with my first I was in my size 10 jeans until 20 to 21 weeks. this time I am already in maternity jeans. I will be 13 weeks Friday:)

Pnuts you sound like me. I'm 11 weeks and went on a maternity shopping extravaganza last weekend. So much more comfortable :thumbup:

congrats on the girls ladies!!

I'm a little over 13 weeks and I'm showing and in maternity. Nothing fits. And I'm sick sick sick! So opposite of my little man.

Hey ladies!! Hope you are all well!
Had my first scan today! Due dates dead on what I guessed....so excited just wish I could know the gender!
X

I had to buy maternity things right before 11 weeks cause I was doing the hairband-in-the-pants trick and even then it wasn't very comfy. I'm just bloating a ton so I look way more pregnant than I really am! A doc said that I have small hips so baby's got nowhere to go but out, too. I believe it! :haha:

Lavender that's exactly what I did! I was using the hair band in the button hole trick and then got a belly band but my pants kept slipping down and my shirts were riding up. So less stressed and more comfortable with maternity clothing now :thumbup: I did keep some of my non-maternity shirts in my closet like my longer, flowy blouses and long length sweaters.

I completely feel like I am showing! I am halfway between 11-12 weeks. I think it's mostly bloating though, because there is no way it's all baby. I am on the thin side, so i think it seems more obvious (at least to me) to have a belly sticking out. I don't know if anyone else has really noticed, but I have been trying to keep it hidden until we reveal to the families this weekend.

I got some bad news at work yesterday and am stressed about that, so hope all goes well in the morning at the dr to boost my spirits for the weekend :)

Looking forward to joining the maternity clothes stage with you ladies, although I am glad so far I haven't really had to buy anything new! I did get a thoughtful gift from my mother of some work pants that don't button/zip. With the morning sickness, that has been an absolute necessity - I just can't stand to have anything pressing against my belly. Of course, I still pull them all the way down under my gut when I'm sitting at my desk :blush: but walking around I think I still look pretty normal and appropriately dressed while being much more comfortable.

I did optimistically buy several belly bands a long time ago (when we first started TTC) because I found a steal on Ebay and I'm bummed I haven't had a chance to wear those yet. I could be wearing them with my regular work pants but I think they are so constricting on my belly they would make me feel sick. Oh well, probably in a few weeks I can try that out. I am getting some slight hints that nausea is subsiding at last, although I don't want to get my hopes up too much...

My belly band was nice at first but my pants kept slipping down and I was always adjusting everything. I actually found a good use for my band with my new maternity pants! I have a few pair of pants that are a bit big right now on my waist but fit ok elsewhere for the most part. They just slip down and sag a bit and I was pulling them up a lot. A pair of black slacks with a skinny band and a pair of jeans with a big wide band. I just put my belly band over the existing band on the pants and it works amazing at keeping them in place throughout the day! Now I can still wear the pants and have plenty of room to grow into them as my pregnancy progresses :thumbup:

I'm definitely starting to feel bigger. I did gain 7 lbs, but I feel like its all in my stomach! I tried on some maternity clothes at Old Navy just to get an idea of how everything fits. Don't think I'm quite ready for tops yet, but the bottoms, yes! I ordered a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts (in Florida, remember?) and they should be arriving today or tomorrow. Hoping they fit well. I got the smaller size because the ones in the store were huge, everywhere. I love the chilly weather we've been having, but I'll be happy when it warms up a bit and I can start wearing all my comfy dresses again!

And...I'm 13 weeks today! Hello 2nd trimester! :happydance:

Love Old Navy maternity! I tried on pants and tops in the store and was surprised that I took a much bigger size than my pre-preggy size. I typically wear a 4-6 pant there and ended up getting a size 8 which fit well still but had a bit of strech and extra room for expansion :thumbup: Hoping I don't wind up in a 10 by the end of it :wacko: That's where my belly band comes in handy now. A pair of black maternity slacks I got from Old Navy are size 8 and fit well but a little loose enough to where they slip down a bit. My belly band fits nicely over the existing band on the pants and keeps them up.

So I am ecstatic that I got the consent form signed by my doctor for the volunteer ultrasound and I think I'm going next week on Thursday at 11:15!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Omigosh I am going to see our baby so much sooner than I ever imagined! I could cry! :cloud9:

Love Old Navy maternity! I tried on pants and tops in the store and was surprised that I took a much bigger size than my pre-preggy size. I typically wear a 4-6 pant there and ended up getting a size 8 which fit well still but had a bit of strech and extra room for expansion :thumbup: Hoping I don't wind up in a 10 by the end of it :wacko: That's where my belly band comes in handy now. A pair of black maternity slacks I got from Old Navy are size 8 and fit well but a little loose enough to where they slip down a bit. My belly band fits nicely over the existing band on the pants and keeps them up.

So I am ecstatic that I got the consent form signed by my doctor for the volunteer ultrasound and I think I'm going next week on Thursday at 11:15!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Omigosh I am going to see our baby so much sooner than I ever imagined! I could cry! :cloud9:

That's strange...I tried on my normal size and I felt like everything was cut much bigger! :shrug:

Very exciting on the scan! I don't have a scheduled one until March 23! But I'll have another dr appointment before then so they will either listen to heartbeat or take a peak on their machine.

Today is the best day! I get my ultrasound next week annnnnd one of my best friends just announced her pregnancy! She's due a couple weeks before I am! I'm beyond thrilled! Her and her DH have a son a little over a year old and it took them 5 years to conceive him. I'm so happy to have someone that can lay their fat pregnant a** in my pool with me this summer :laugh2:

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, and congrats on the early scan news bunny! AFM, had my 12 week NT ultrasound today. Still waiting on the bloodwork, but NT was measuring 1.8mm at the largest measure, which is totally normal :happydance:

After the tech did the NT measure, we got to really see the little bean! He or she was lying still at first (posing for pictures :cloud9:) and then started squirming around all over the places giving us lots of different looks.

The tech really didn't want to guess the sex, but from the abdominal view the angle looked more like a girl (the tech said so too). However, we did get a transvaginal shot as well (she was trying to get an image of the dermoid cyst on my ovary they found at the first ultrasound - no luck) and we saw a good shot of the baby's bottom where the tech said it was looking more boy-like. You could definitely see a "protrusion" but I thought they all kindof had that at this stage. Anyway, based on the data too soon to tell the sex of this little one. Happy to have something exciting to find out at the anatomy scan! And in the meantime that should encourage me to buy more sensible gender neutral items that could be reused for future tots.

I'll try to remember to post pictures later (seems like we got to take home a whole roll of them, the tech gave us lots of keepsakes yay)!

I think I'm just going to step back for a while ladies because I'm having issues coping with all the experiences you ladies are having that I won't get to have.

I think I'm just going to step back for a while ladies because I'm having issues coping with all the experiences you ladies are having that I won't get to have.

Sorry you aren't feeling uplifted by this thread lately, jandj :hugs: Hope you come back to us soon with some happy news of your own to share, and we'll miss you until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->