Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Oh, and a couple of ultrasound pics as promised (I think the first one is a thumb sucking pose - adorable). Measuring 12w2d (one day behind LMP date and previous ultrasound, 2 days behind OV date).

Amazing how it went from looking like a little bean pole with a tiny heart to looking just like a baby :baby:

Attachments

• NT ultrasound full side view 2-13-15.jpg
    NT ultrasound full side view 2-13-15.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
  • NT ultrasound side close up 2-13-15.jpg
    NT ultrasound side close up 2-13-15.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3
Sorry to hear that JandJ...hopefully we will see you back soon:hugs:

I hope everyone is doing well and has a very happy Valentine's Day :)

Our dr visit yesterday went well. She found the heartbeat right away, 164bpm-perfect she said :) Was hoping for an ultrasound, but not until 20 weeks. She said with the small subchorionic hematoma, they either get bigger or go away and since I haven't had any spotting or bleeding, she would imagine all is well and it went away-plus it was very small. I am just happy our little bean is happy and healthy in there :happydance:

We told my family yesterday and plan to tell the in-laws this weekend. It's such a relief to share this news and so exciting!!:flower:

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies. Today we found out we are having a beautiful baby girl. This is what we used to announce:)

https://i61.tinypic.com/2v8lric.jpg

https://i58.tinypic.com/28iykvb.jpg

Super congrats on all the fantastic scans! Your pics are so cute deductive but so funny, one looks a bit boy, the other a bit girl lol. Congrats on team pink pnuts!
Afm, I popped at 11 weeks. Not too bad til last weekend when I exploded. In all maternity clothes. Wasn't this way with my first. A friend told me second babies run four weeks ahead of your first.
And even though this pregnancy has been opposite of our first, it's the same gender. Just ordered nursery furniture (takes 5 weeks to be delivered) and shopping for bedding, setting up a small registry for an family who wants to send us needed gifts. Anyone else shopping?

It is true the gender is determined at 12 weeks. Let me get a site from my friend that you can upload them to and they will tell you. I am 13 weeks and I am deff having a girl.

I'm sorry to hear JandJ! Honestly I felt similar earlier.

I wonder if it's a Canadian thing? So many other mamas were having so much done with more to share and I was just sitting there with nothing until I had my ultrasound at 10 weeks. I won't know the results from my genetic tests until 16-17 weeks so that's 4-5 weeks from now. Then about 8 more weeks until my next ultrasound. There's a whole lot of waiting around here with not a ton to report baby-wise.

I'm sorry you feel left out JandJ :( If it makes you feel better my appts are quite dull as well. I go to a birthing center and they are a "low tech" approach so I've no idea when I will have another sono. The only reason I've had one at all is because I was hospitalized and it is was ER protocol to do one. DH wasnt allowed in and I didnt even get a print out. Otherwise, it is just the usual boring blood work, vitals, etc for me as well. Nobody has even mentioned when we will know the sex but I doubt they will offer the new blood test everyone else here is getting. It is kind of a bummer!

https://community.babycenter.com/ that is the site and look for the thread that says ultrasounds and you can upload one and a tech will look it over.

I am sorry if some of you feel out of place or left out. First trimester is kind of boring especially with pregnancy to begin with in the US one will only get 2 to 3 scans unless they pay for more. I got a dating scan and a 20 week one with my first pregnancy and I paid 2 out of pocket for more pictures to se ehow my little boy was growing and I am doing the same with this one.

I finally got a confirmation email back from the instructor and am FOR SURE getting a scan this Thursday at the sonogram program! :happydance: I am to drink at least 36 ounces of water beforehand and she said it should take around an hour plus I'll get a CD at the end. This may seem like nothing to some but in Northern Ohio the office I go to does not perform multiple scans unless there's medical reason otherwise such as prior miscarriage(s) or health history that could be harmful to a pregnancy. I will get a gender scan at around 20 weeks by my doctor. I'll be 12 weeks and 1 day along at this scan and so anxious to see what my little peanut looks like! Not sure if they study with basic scan or use 3D/4D as well :shrug:

Whenever the time comes and if we don't have anyone with us at the gender scan I think this is a cute idea to send to family and then post on Facebook:
8887af29d6f62e774f069602f2c7675c.jpg
We wouldn't have a name to announce at the time, I'm sure.

JandJ I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down :hugs: I admit, I do get discouraged reading about everyone else's scans and tests and purchases. First tri seems to drag and is relatively uneventful for some of us. Please don't stay away for too long!

Pnuts they did a 3D or 4D (I can't differentiate between either) at about 13 weeks for you? My friend that just announced her pregnancy and is a nurse said something about it's not recommended to do a dimensional (or maybe it was just 4D) scan so early. I was hoping I'd possibly get one at my scan this week.

Ooh while I'm thinking of it ladies I need some help. My boss mentioned that all of our names have 7 letters and end with an 'N'

Brandon
Jyllian
Brenden
Caitlyn​

I already knew about the 7 letters but now the OCD in me wants the baby's name to end with an 'N' as well :dohh: My OH is set on Gionni as a boy name and I'm not on board. It makes me think of Jersey Shore, Snooki's husband - ugh - and I feel it just doesn't mesh well with the rest of our more basic American names. He wants something Italian and likes the unique version of John after his (still living) grandfather. I want Joseph as the middle name after my (deceased) father. Gionni Joseph Doesn't do it for me :nope: I was thinking Anthony or Dominic (sp?) but now that I have the ending letter in my head the only names I've thought of so far for a boy are Cameron, Braxton or Brayden (but I think we have enough B names with boys). Haven't even dabbled in girl names yet :help:

Addison and Madison are cute. Maybe I could incorporate a y into either like my name has a Y instead of the typical I. Ooh or Cambryn or Tristan for a boy maybe?

Pnuts they did a 3D or 4D (I can't differentiate between either) at about 13 weeks for you? My friend that just announced her pregnancy and is a nurse said something about it's not recommended to do a dimensional (or maybe it was just 4D) scan so early. I was hoping I'd possibly get one at my scan this week.

No for the gender it was a 2D. They did one snapshot of what 4D HD would look like at 13 weeks for me. They were able to tell the gender in 2D I will show you some more.

https://i61.tinypic.com/vyuy3b.jpg

https://i61.tinypic.com/9usq4x.jpg

Ooh while I'm thinking of it ladies I need some help. My boss mentioned that all of our names have 7 letters and end with an 'N'

Brandon
Jyllian
Brenden
Caitlyn​

I already knew about the 7 letters but now the OCD in me wants the baby's name to end with an 'N' as well :dohh: My OH is set on Gionni as a boy name and I'm not on board. It makes me think of Jersey Shore, Snooki's husband - ugh - and I feel it just doesn't mesh well with the rest of our more basic American names. He wants something Italian and likes the unique version of John after his (still living) grandfather. I want Joseph as the middle name after my (deceased) father. Gionni Joseph Doesn't do it for me :nope: I was thinking Anthony or Dominic (sp?) but now that I have the ending letter in my head the only names I've thought of so far for a boy are Cameron, Braxton or Brayden (but I think we have enough B names with boys). Haven't even dabbled in girl names yet :help:

Addison and Madison are cute. Maybe I could incorporate a y into either like my name has a Y instead of the typical I. Ooh or Cambryn or Tristan for a boy maybe?

You crack me up lol. Tristyn with a y is cute for a boy if you want a y in it.
Madelyn for a girl spelling?

as for the 3D 4D scan I have never heard it wasn't advised especially if it was done by a professional. I know there was a news article stating people were buying their own machines and doing ultrasounds themselves. That is not recommended.

Wow Pnuts that's just absolutely amazing they can tell from the scan photos! I would be terrible at determining gender :wacko: When I saw your announcement photo on Facebook I was like wow they did a dimensional scan! I am secretly hoping I'll get one this week but I'm just grateful for any scan right now!

I am really freaking out over names. I feel bad I'm not on board with my OH's choice. My boss says deceased father trumps living grandfather :thumbup: I'm sure him and I will find a name for either gender that we both love and can agree on... I hope :laugh2:

Just ordered nursery furniture (takes 5 weeks to be delivered) and shopping for bedding, setting up a small registry for an family who wants to send us needed gifts. Anyone else shopping?

Sass, just started shopping this weekend. I decided to wait for everything to look normal on my 12-week ultrasound before buying anything for baby. I've started making a list for my registry (don't want to pay for too much stuff until I see what hand-me-downs and gifts I will receive).

The big thing I've actually started purchasing is cloth diapers. I don't know anyone who cloth diapers, but I've been planning to do it for a while now. Anyone here hoping to cloth diaper or ever tried it before? I thought it would take me a long time to amass my diaper stash, but actually I have most things I need now that I went on an Ebay spree this weekend (and will register for the few brand new items I want). Looking forward to getting my first items in the mail so I can begin testing them out (and teaching DH the ropes), yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->