Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Yeah since I found out I have picked Owls for her bedroom theme and got the wall decor, bedding and a baby book for her. I am super excited.

Congrats on the scans bunny! I think they always said don't do 3d before a certain # of weeks cause it wouldn't look like a baby, more like an alien or something, but I went with a friend when she was 10 weeks and it totally looked like a little baby with little buds for limbs. It was super cute.
Ashlynn
I like Cameron for a girl too ( cammie)
I think Giovanni is so jersey shore

My friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me showed me her 10 week 3D scan photos and it definitely looked like a baby to me! I'm so excited, be prepared for photo overload on Thursday or Friday!

I was craving pickles and so I just ate like 4 pickles and drank probably the equivalent of 3/4 of a cup of pickle juice. :munch::blush::wacko: What are you doing to me kid!?

It's finally starting to look like a baby atleast a little. With my son I didn't start showing AT ALL until atleast 17 weeks, probably closer to 19. I'm just as fat now as I was then so I thought it would be pretty much the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
It's finally starting to look like a baby atleast a little. With my son I didn't start showing AT ALL until atleast 17 weeks, probably closer to 19. I'm just as fat now as I was then so I thought it would be pretty much the same.

Aww, what an adorable bump, jandj! I've heard that you start showing earlier with the second even if you start off at the same weight. I guess it has something to do with the abdominal muscles already having been stretched for a baby before.

Not sure if I have much in the way of abdominal muscles to stretch :shrug:, but still nothing here on the bump front. Lately I am starting to feel a bit bigger overall, though, so maybe it will materialize into a baby-looking bump within the next few weeks.

Ultrasound in a couple hours! I'll be MIA for a bit as I'm busting my butt at work to have things in order before I take my extended lunch break! So excited!!! :happydance:

Ultrasound in a couple hours! I'll be MIA for a bit as I'm busting my butt at work to have things in order before I take my extended lunch break! So excited!!! :happydance:

Can't wait to hear how it went! Did you really drink the 24-32 ounces of water they suggest before the ultrasound? That seemed like an outrageous amount to drink all at once. I did drink water before but not nearly as much as they recommended (the ultrasound was early in the morning, after all!) and they warned me I might have to come back if they couldn't get a good image because of that. But it was totally fine - no problems getting a good view (phew).

Glad you're back JandJ! And with an adorable bump to boot. I'm still waiting on mine :coffee:

Good luck at your ultrasound Mamabunny.

I had my midwife appt yesterday. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was amazing and such a relief! They also took blood for the genetics testing and...said that it will also tell the sex! I was super excited because I didn't think they offered that one at my birthing center. So I should get a call within the next week :) My DH is leaving for a 3wk business trip on Sunday which I am absolutely dreading, I don't want him to go, so hopefully finding out the sex will cheer me up a bit.

Everything went great! Baby must've been snoozing but once the instructor started moving the device over my belly baby woke up and was squirming during the entire session!

Facing downward, measuring CRL
I20150219121343781.jpg

Facing downward, hand near face
I20150219121344921.jpg

Legs
I20150219121345296.jpg

Baby's face looking straight up, dark spots are eye cavities
I20150219121346421.jpg

Hi everyone!
I20150219121346906.jpg

Baby's face, looking straight up
I20150219121350140.jpg

Looking straight up again
I20150219121350500.jpg

Side profile, I can kind of see daddy's juicy lips in this one :winkwink:
I20150219121350875.jpg

Side profile
I20150219121351265.jpg

That's quite an active little bean you have there, mamma! Did the tech give any hint about suspected gender? I thought I saw something that might've looked like boy parts in one shot, but obviously it's pretty hard to tell at this stage :thumbup:

Also, I see you were measuring about a week ahead on your dates. Do you think your doc will adjust your due date or leave it as is?

I think that what is hard is mostly that most of you guys chose to have the 12 week ultrasound and I opted out of it. I honestly don't want to know whether my baby will have Down syndrome or not. It doesn't change how I feel about this baby. That's why I opted out. Also, the ladies who are getting the genetic testing that tells the sex as well are killing me a little because I won't know until April 6th what the gender is. But I also have a hard time staying away because I really want to be here for all of you. I think it's just hard because everything feels like it is snowballing. Even though I have passed the 12 week mark which I know is amazing I still find myself worrying all the time that something bad is going to happen. And I just can't seem to believe that I will actually have a baby in August. And on top of that my milk dried up like a week ago which makes me incredibly sad because I really wanted to make it to 18 months and I didn't even make it to 16. :cry:

16 months is still absolutely fantastic JandJ! I hope that I can get even a fraction of that accomplished.

I hear you on the genetic tests though. I feel nuts for being frustrated about it too because I got one, but they won't give me the results from it until mid-March. More waiting!

DH seems to be more excited about having a baby in August than I am! I think I'm still in shock and can't grasp the concept even though I'm the one who's pregnant! I'm just waiting to find out the gender or feel it move or something. I feel like I need that little something extra and then I'll be able to be excited like him instead of "Wait, we're having a baby?"

That's quite an active little bean you have there, mamma! Did the tech give any hint about suspected gender? I thought I saw something that might've looked like boy parts in one shot, but obviously it's pretty hard to tell at this stage :thumbup:

Also, I see you were measuring about a week ahead on your dates. Do you think your doc will adjust your due date or leave it as is?

Baby was definitely wide awake and rolling around! The students were amazed at how developed the fetus appeared and how mobile it was... as was I! I was thinking possible cluster of boy parts in the legs photo... but likely just me being hopeful :shrug: I was wondering about the CRL measurement as well but in another measurement (I think it was the skull) it measured spot on. Since this was a volunteer scan for a local college performed by the instructor and students it won't affect anything as far as my doctor goes. My 20-ish week scan at my ob/gyn office will determine any changes that my doctor would determine need to be made :thumbup:

I think that what is hard is mostly that most of you guys chose to have the 12 week ultrasound and I opted out of it. I honestly don't want to know whether my baby will have Down syndrome or not. It doesn't change how I feel about this baby. That's why I opted out. Also, the ladies who are getting the genetic testing that tells the sex as well are killing me a little because I won't know until April 6th what the gender is. But I also have a hard time staying away because I really want to be here for all of you. I think it's just hard because everything feels like it is snowballing. Even though I have passed the 12 week mark which I know is amazing I still find myself worrying all the time that something bad is going to happen. And I just can't seem to believe that I will actually have a baby in August. And on top of that my milk dried up like a week ago which makes me incredibly sad because I really wanted to make it to 18 months and I didn't even make it to 16. :cry:

My 12 week scan wasn't something that is normally offered to me. It was a random opportunity presented to me by word of mouth and I feel so very fortunate to have experienced it! Basically, I was a guinea pig for students of a local college so they could get experience performing an ultrasound. They kept thanking me but I was thankful for them! Regularly, I would have to wait until around 20 weeks to have an ultrasound (like I did with my other two pregnancies) and it's a long, excruciating wait... I have NO idea how I made it through those weeks before?! :wacko: I think it's just natural for us to worry, I still do but have some comfort knowing that after 12 weeks the risk of miscarriage or complication dramatically decreases. Even after hearing a heartbeat I was absolutely amazed with the scan because it just doesn't seem real to me, like omigosh I'm having a baby possibly in late August?!?! I think it's really sunk in now but I'm still in disbelief. That is absolutely commendable that you nursed for over a year! I couldn't even nurse for 6 days straight :nope: I am determined to breastfeed for at least 8 months, if not longer and have been asking BnB ladies for advice.

In the first month I almost gave up so many times because he was a horrible latcher and I had milk supply issues and we both got thrush. It was brutal. If you need advice I can probably help with pretty much any problem lol I've been through them all. I just hoped that my milk would hold up until 18 months even with being pregnant so I was pretty devastated that it didn't. But it's like a desert in there lol, maybe 5 drops of milk left a day in my left breast but that's it. Now my son just needs to learn that he can nap without a boob so he can stop using me as a pacifier and Ill be okay.

Ah breastfeeding! Amazing, once its going well! Annoys me how people (usually men or woman who don't have children) think its just a case of putting boob in mouth and then sitting and relaxing. Its a skill, that is learnt! I'm convinced determination is a huge part if it as well. My first two a gave up in a week. My third I had absolute concrete determination I was going to breastfeed. It took almost 6 weeks of various issues before it became second nature. Just keep telling yourself "it does get better, I can do this" and get good support and guidance. :)

So there was a lot of debate online and from friends of mine, but I decided to go snow tubing over the weekend. It was a BLAST! I never once felt in danger or uncomfortable and walking through the snow was a nice workout :thumbup: There was even a conveyor to take us up to the top of the hill!

Here's a video of myself, my OH, our two kids and four other friends linked up and traveling down:

https://youtu.be/1PBMlpYGJTM​

Ladies a bit of advice please....im worrying!
Im almost 15weeks....and I keep getting sharp pains behind my belly button and often 'downbelow'
Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried?!
Help! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->