Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Ladies a bit of advice please....im worrying!
Im almost 15weeks....and I keep getting sharp pains behind my belly button and often 'downbelow'
Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried?!
Help! Xx

Hard to say. I'm 14 weeks and I get some very uncomfortable pains sometimes in all sorts of spots - some like stretching, spasms and what I'm assuming is round ligament pain if I cough, sneeze or move the wrong way. Those are the worst - takes my breath away - I literally breathe through the pain until it stops. And with all that, I saw and heard baby last week and she's great. It seems like aches and pains are normal as your body stretches and baby grows. But you could always call your doctor just to get their opinion?

Pretty much guaranteed it's normal. The belly button one is probably just stretching. And the down below pains are probably because there's a lot of extra circulation down there. I get pains in my uterus and vagina and cervix and belly button lol, and lots of other places too. My doctor said unless you are in excruciating pain or bleeding that its usually normal and nothing to worry about.

Ladies a bit of advice please....im worrying!
Im almost 15weeks....and I keep getting sharp pains behind my belly button and often 'downbelow'
Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried?!
Help! Xx
Lightning crotch! Seriously, that's what I've heard other mums call it. I started to get that yesterday, and I've been getting the ligament pains in my belly for almost a week now. It's just a side effect of baby growing and everything stretching with nerves getting irritated. I called my midwife just to be safe and she said it's all fine. :)

Thank you ladies!
Youve put my mind at ease, I have midwife next week so I will wait to spwak to her. If anything else develops will ring GP. Ive had no excruciating pain or bleeding ao I guess it must be all normal growing pains.
Thanks ladies :) xxx

You could be like me and getting Braxton Hicks contractions already lol. I started with them at 16 weeks with my son but apparently I get to start two weeks early this time lol.

JandJ I'm in the same boat. I refused the downs test and don't have my gender scan for another 3-4 weeks.

Say a little prayer for my peanut guys! I work with kids and got a phone call on Saturday saying a little boy I take care of, that came all week, Has fifths disease. I had a blood test yesterday and will get the results probably thursday. If its positive, then I will have to undergo tons of scans and testing to make sure my baby doesn't get it. If peanut does it can be fatal. :cry: So here's hoping everything will be fine.

What is this "lightening crotch" you ladies speak of? Perhaps I have experienced it :shrug: I recall getting sharp shooting pains like from within my vajayjay it was the weirdest thing! I also get little pains and twinges every so often... and of course sharp shooting poo cramps ugh those are the worst!

Lightening crotch to me anyway is sharp pains in my vagina or cervix. I get them atleast once a day towards the end. lol.

Lightening crotch to me anyway is sharp pains in my vagina or cervix. I get them atleast once a day towards the end. lol.

Do they feel sort of like a spasm? Like a tightening of the muscles?

My spasms are like sharp though, not really a tightening of the muscles. I'll be like sitting there and then it's like "Ow! @&$*!" Lol. Braxton hicks are tightenings of your uterus though. So if the tightenings are more in your uterus it might be Braxton hicks.

Do they feel sort of like a spasm? Like a tightening of the muscles?
Mine are super sharp. It almost feels like a pinched nerve, but not quite. Quite the unsettling feeling coming from down there, but it's harmless!

That's exactly what mine are like too. Just wait until the baby gets bigger and starts kicking you in the cervix. That's the real fun stuff lol.

Oh man I'm not looking forward to that, haha. I've heard the kicks and punches to the cervix rate up there as one of the most unpleasant feelings in pregnancy. :haha:

Interestingly enough I've been getting jabby pains more on my right side, especially when I wake up in the morning or am sitting still at night. I wonder if baby is curled up on that side and I'm feeling that? Little too early to feel movement from them yet but I'm curious. :)

It's not too early to be feeling flutters so that could be what you are feeling. I equate them to weird rolly sensations like they feel wiggly. You could also be feeling mild round ligament pains, don't listen to anyone if they tell you you have to move to experience round ligament pains because you don't lol. Cervical kicks and punches are about third on my list. They hurt less than getting kicked in the ribs towards the end. And they most definitely hurt less than stripping the membranes which makes the top of my list of painful/uncomfortable things I went through while pregnant with my son.

Praying for you, Smiley! Hope everything goes well with the testing and your little bean is doing great :hugs:

Glad to hear everyone sharing about their aches and pains. I was wondering if it was weird to have them this early. Morning sickness is finally starting to abate, but now I'm on to headaches (woohoo!) and some definite odd sensations in my uterus/pelvic region. So far I haven't had anything like the lightning crotch (so I have that to look forward to :winkwink:), but mostly just some uncomfortable stretching feelings, mostly on the sides near my pubic bone (around where I assume the edge of my uterus is now). I recently started an exercise/stretching routine to help with optimal positioning of the baby throughout pregnancy, so I thought that might be contributing to my aches and pains too.

I also thought I felt baby moving for the first time a few days ago, but nothing since then. So it could have been gas, or the little bean could have just been really enthusiastic that one evening. I'm sure I'll start to feel him or her for sure soon enough.

Can't believe I'm 15 weeks pregnant today. Hoping to post a new bump picture a little later today.

Kindof quiet on here these days. Any new bump pictures? I still have nothing much in the way of a bump to show, but very pleased to report that nausea is almost completely gone at last (coming up on 15 weeks) and headaches have died down too. Just trying to enjoy the calm and wait to start feeling baby move (although I thought I might've felt something again yesterday for just a couple of seconds).

Deductive- what's the positioning program you're doing? I've had such bad sciatica for the last few weeks. It has been horrendous at times.
I am also massive. Not really gained much weight at all, which is seriously shocking because I look extremely pregnant. Maybe because I'm short? :(

Sass I haven't really gained any net weight either. I think I'm back to where I was pre-pregnancy since I lost a chunk with the horrendous MS. I just have a little baby bump now.

Here's a 14 week bump picture for you deductive! What's hilarious is I look exactly as I did at just over 10 weeks. I'm just trading bloat for baby. I actually look even bigger by the end of the day since now my food has nowhere to go but out. :haha:

Attachments

• 14WeekBump.jpg
    14WeekBump.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom