Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

I feel SO much bigger by the end of the day too. It's gross.

Deductive- what's the positioning program you're doing? I've had such bad sciatica for the last few weeks. It has been horrendous at times.
I am also massive. Not really gained much weight at all, which is seriously shocking because I look extremely pregnant. Maybe because I'm short? :(

Sass, the positioning program I've been doing is this video. It's supposed to help soothe common pregnancy discomforts like back pain, but the main reason I'm doing it is to help the baby end up in a good position for birth. Apparently the placement of my placenta makes it slightly more likely baby will want to face the wrong way (well, maybe it's not wrong but it's harder to deliver)!

I like having the DVD to walk me through it, but there are plenty of instructions about how to do the individual exercises (if you want to find whichever you like best) on the associated website called Spinning Babies, which is all about fetal positioning.

Sass I haven't really gained any net weight either. I think I'm back to where I was pre-pregnancy since I lost a chunk with the horrendous MS. I just have a little baby bump now.

Here's a 14 week bump picture for you deductive! What's hilarious is I look exactly as I did at just over 10 weeks. I'm just trading bloat for baby. I actually look even bigger by the end of the day since now my food has nowhere to go but out. :haha:

What an adorable bump, lavender! And this is your first too, right? Guess my cute bump is just hidden by my less-cute belly :dohh: Oh well, I'm sure I'll look pretty pregnant soon enough.

I have another prenatal appointment with the midwife today (getting closer and closer to the big 20-week ultrasound, which I think I'll get to schedule today). I don't think anything interesting will be happening, but it's always nice to hear everything looks good.

Here's my bump, sorry it took so long. I definitely look pregnant but mostly I just feel fat. I can't wait until it's a huge belly and I will feel like I have an excuse to be fat...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
Farther away view. My pajama pants definitely don't help with the looking fat thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2
I like the pics lavender and jandj!! :)

And I have to say-thank goodness on the comment about being bigger at the end of the day! I thought it was just me...I feel like my belly is a balloon filling up with water throughout the day:dohh:

I feel like I shouldn't be showing this much since it's my first and I am just over 14 weeks, but I know everyone is different. I am very short in my torso, so I have to believe that there isn't much room for food etc and the only way is out LOL

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!!!

Nice bump pics Lavender and JandJ!
My bump also grows throughout the day :haha: It is actually so bloated by night time it is kind of painful.
I FINALLY got my genetic screening results today after waiting over 2 weeks! Everything came back normal and I'm having a BOY just like I thought! :cloud9:

My goodness my son is such a mommy suck lately. I thought he had finally gotten over it, but nope! Haha.

Wow it seems the majority are having boys for August/September! I so hope I can join Team Blue but my OH is convinced it's a girl... and I'm pretty sure there's a girl in there as well.

Had my 14 week prenatal appointment yesterday. I've gained more than TWICE the recommended weight for first tri but hoping things will even out once the weather here warms up and I can be active outside. I measured a week ahead... which is a coincidence because baby's CRL measurement was a week ahead at my 12+1 volunteer ultrasound. Got a good heartbeat this time since I was able to compose myself and not cry :happydance: But baby wanted to play hide and seek with the doctor :laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki9YHeirGCI

I go for my next appointment on Wednesday and I'm actually terrified I lost more weight lol. I can't help it, I eat all the time and I lost 15 lbs in the first 17 weeks with my son but I don't like the way the nurse treats me about it. She acts like I'm starving myself when I am definitely not. My doctor knows better at least and he just tells me to eat whatever I can whenever I can so that I can atleast maintain my weight since I was overweight to begin with.

I know how u feel jandj. My midwife told me off as I have lost not gained, but I was diagnosed with HG. And doctor told me that whatever you eat baby takes what it needs before you do so your not starving baby.
Hope you start feeling soon x

Geez sorry that your midwifes aren't being very understanding! I also have HG and lost about 15lbs, haven't gained much back and was a bit on the thin side to begin with. I was worried I would be told off but my midwife was very understanding and just told me to eat what I can and not push myself. I know how you feel though as my family has been making me feel bad and pressuring me to eat big meals--I just can't. I am doing better than I was but still have aversions to most foods and nausea. I have told them my doctors say I'm doing just fine but yet they still pressure me and it makes me feel guilty like they think I'm being a bad mom! Well trust me I would love to be able to eat "normally" but I just can't and am doing the best I can. Hopefully we all start feeling better soon, being sick is no fun xx

Had my 14 week prenatal appointment yesterday. I've gained more than TWICE the recommended weight for first tri but hoping things will even out once the weather here warms up and I can be active outside. I measured a week ahead... which is a coincidence because baby's CRL measurement was a week ahead at my 12+1 volunteer ultrasound. Got a good heartbeat this time since I was able to compose myself and not cry :happydance: But baby wanted to play hide and seek with the doctor :laugh2:

I had a 15-week appointment on Tuesday and baby also played hide and seek with the doppler, lol. Good strong heartbeat, though, just didn't want to sit still.

How did they measure you at your appointment, mama? Did they use the measuring tape, or just feel around, or what? I have had dating via ultrasound, but so far the midwives haven't been measuring me or doing anything to assess progress at my regular appointments. Just wondering how they do it this early.

My doctor measured me with tape from top of my pubic bone area to the top of my tummy area :thumbup:

Sorry to hear all the reports about care providers giving negative feedback about weight (gain or loss) :nope: I second the reminder that baby will take the nutrients he or she needs; it's momma who loses out if eating is less than ideal. If you are sick, please just eat what you can and try to find a good supplement you can keep down.

And, if you are gaining more than recommended, seriously don't let it get you in a funk. Of course it's good to try to gain at a healthy rate, but obsessing about the scale amount is not the point. We should all be trying to eat a nutritious, balanced diet and be active while listening to our bodies about our limits. But every pregnancy is different - some days and weeks you need to eat and gain more and other weeks you don't.

I am working on feeling good whenever I do the best I can each day (given the constraints of that day) to have a healthy pregnancy. No matter what the scale says.

I haven't really been sick it's just the baby seems to be really picky. It's getting better now and I'm starting to be able to eat more often so that is good. I gain 2 lbs at my last appointment but I've also been SUPER constipated so I don't know if I actually gained anything, we will see at the next appointment I guess. My doctor was happy with everything, heartbeat was 153 and going strong and I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead! I'm not happy with the doctor and nurses that were at the emergency room the other day though because I drove from my house to the ER a half an hour away, dragging my son out of bed at 10 o'clock at night because I had a gush of clear fluid and I was scared because it felt exactly like when my water broke with my son. I drove out there because the hospital in the town I live in is not really equipped to deal with pregnant women and I knew that all the would be able to do was listen to the heartbeat and maybe do a swab to check for amniotic fluid. Well I should have just friggen went to the one here because we drove all the way out there and all they did was take my pee and listen to the babies heartbeat! I went to see my doctor the next day and told him what had happened and he was really mad and told me that if it happens again go to the hospital and then tell them to call him and he will come in and deal with it. He also told me not too worry too horribly much because it could have just been a one time occurrence because I wasn't leaking anymore after that. He also said it could have been urine or vaginal secretions he's just mad because now he will never know since they didn't even do a swab. It was a horrible experience and I didn't sleep that whole night because I was terrified of losing my baby.

That's horrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Everything has been fine since then but it was just a really horrible experience. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out. Exactly 3 weeks until I get to see my baby and find out whether it's a boy or a girl. :)

16 weeks today!

20150318_074518.jpg

JandJ I'm glad to see you are feeling a bit better and able to eat more :hugs: So excited for your scan! Please post photos?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->