Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

I will for sure post photos. I just want it to be here so I can know whether it's. Boy or girl! Haha. 19 more days.

Had our scan this afternoon and LO is looking great! Only concern is my placenta is low. It's 1.5 from my cervix when it should be a two so now I need another scan in 7 weeks. Really hoping it goes up because this will totally stop me from getting my vbac.

I'm so sorry. I'm terrified they will tell me that. I want a vbac so bad.

Placentas typically move a bunch during pregnancy but they said because of the scar tissue it may have less ability to move. Only positive on this is more scans. I thought today was my first and only real one.

I'll never get to relax and enjoy this pregnancy :nope: This week is the third full week my OH has been unemployed since quitting his job. I have been trying to hard to hold it together but I totally lost my sh*t this morning. My OH can always sense when something is wrong or bothering me and after he asked me a few times I finally opened up. I told him how it makes me feel that he has been unemployed for three weeks now yet is still smoking and chewing tobacco, buying pop and paying his bills with money he is getting from his dad - he is selling his big expensive toolbox to his dad and getting payments on it, which is helping pay his expenses. Yet, he hasn't shown any concern in regards to contributing to the bills I'm stuck paying by myself such as the living expenses and anything towards the remodel. The last thing he split with me was the paint and I have been charging any additional materials since that. I have no idea how he can manage to help pay for groceries the next time we go :shrug: How is it that he has NO job and can continue his frivolous spending... while I HAVE a job and am working to make sure all the bills are paid and spending nothing else? He tried to justify his spending and said that I too have been spending money on extras and mentioned the $5 of fast food I purchased for lunch on the day of my last appointment... which was TWO WEEKS ago. :rofl: C'mon man, you don't have anything better than that? He knows I don't spend money anywhere else but on bills, vehicle gas, groceries and the home reno supplies. Um, I'M the one with a JOB!!! I have been wanting to get my hair trimmed and maybe even colored, as the ends are stringy and uneven and my roots are outgrown plus it'd be nice to get my nails done professionally. Ya know, pamper myself just a little maybe? But no, I have so many other things that take priority than things like that. That's where him and I differ. I used to always get my nails professionally done at a salon and even bought hair extensions I wore and would have to maintain those things every so often. I just can't see putting that money towards those things at this time, especially right now without a second income and while preparing for a baby on the way. He doesn't give spending extra money a second thought. I'm not sure how much cigarettes or chew cost but I know after awhile it adds up and every little bit counts right now. Oh and for the second time now he invited a friend over for dinner. I understand this friend has helped him with the remodel but I've already ordered pizza the other week when he had help over and he already invited this particular friend over for dinner previously the other week without saying anything to me first! It's not like we can really afford to feed another adult right now. It was after 7pm anyways and I said instead of cooking dinner and eating super late why not just grab a pizza quick... so then he calls the friend and tells him to meet us at the pizza joint to eat! WTF?!?! So after I calmly expressed my dislike of that he texted the guy and that was that. My OH is so irresponsible with money. I feel like he could at least show some concern with helping me pay the utilities and such instead of focusing on his primary bills only then spending any extra on bullsh*t junk. I drove to work in tears this morning :sad2:

Oh I also didn't mention that the house is a flippin' disaster. The kitchen counters and sink are covered with dirty dishes, crumbs, spills. The floors need to be swept and cleaned. We are finished with the drywall work so there shouldn't be dust floating around anymore. I had wiped down the stairs going to the lower level as well and steam mopped the floor down there towards the laundry area as to avoid tracking any more dust upstairs. I asked that we remove our shoes worn downstairs only before walking on the steps and floor but that lasted a day and he was tracking dirt and dust from the bedroom remodel right out onto the stairs and floors :growlmad: And I washed my laundry on Sunday so I'd have clean clothes for the week, figuring he could wash his clothes while at home all the time. Both laundry hampers upstairs are full of dirty clothes he has yet to acknowledge. I had made it clear before while he was working, especially the extended hours, that I had no problem handling the housework and he could take any extra time he has to work on the bedroom remodel. But now that he hasn't been working for weeks I feel like he has more than enough time to job search and do some things around the house as well as tend to the bedroom. I almost took a picture of the kitchen this morning but would be too embarrassed to share it :dohh:

Sorry for rant but I'm really down today.

Sorry to hear about the troubles, JandJ and Sass and Mama, but glad to see this board is still going.

Regarding the low-lying placenta, I really hope that resolves for you and you get your VBAC, Sass! I am definitely worried what they will say about the placement of my placenta at my anatomy scan in a couple of weeks, although they didn't say anything about it at the 12 week scan (just that it was anterior) so hopefully that means it'll most likely be placed okay.

Been doing well here - so much better now that the nausea has resolved and finally starting to have just a bit of a baby bump. Unfortunately, now that I've been feeling pretty good I am starting to come down with a cold :growlmad: Oh well, I'll take congestion over constant nausea (and constipation) any day!

Can't wait to start seeing some anatomy scan pics :happydance:

Deductive I am also battling a cold right now and Mama I understand about the dis tater of a house. Trust me if I posted photos of what mine looks like right now you would all be ashamed haha. My don makes it nearly impossible to get any cleaning done because he can't be trusted alone for like 5 minutes because he's a monkey child. Four more day shifts and then my hubby gets 8 days off, so looking forward to getting my house under control. :)

JandJ I got a chuckle from "dis tater" :rofl: (I know you meant disaster but I try to amuse myself right now)

Sorry for what you're going thru MamaBunny :hugs: Sounds like your OH needs to get his act together asap and grow the heck up (no offense!). I don't think men realize sometimes how stressful being pregnant in itself is let alone worrying about all these other things.
I'm excited to see everyone's scans! I just scheduled my anatomy scan for April Fools day! I'm so excited because that is before DH leaves for his next 3wk business trip so he will finally be able to see baby! I had a scan at the ER at 10wks and they wouldn't allow him back- he was so sad! Lol. Anyway glad everyone seems to be doing well :flower:

Ah macy April Fool's day is my next appointment day! I'm hoping they schedule my anatomy scan. How exciting! Can't wait to see photos!

17 more days! Gah! I can't wait any more! And mama lol it was late and I'm on my iPad so it doesn't always tell me things are spelt wrong haha.

So of you ladies that know the gender of the baby already did you have an early scan? And if you did can you tell me what side of your uterus baby was on in the picture and whether it was a transvaginal or abdominal scan?

No early scan, I just found out by genetic testing. I will get a 3D scan (abdominal) on the 1st so we'll see what side she's laying on then. :)

I'm just curious because of the ramzis method of gender prediction. I wanted to compare to others.

Oh cool, I hadn't heard of that method! Just read up on it. :)

Here are my scans on 10+3. This was abdominal. The tech said that the placenta was posterior, but she didn't mention if it was to one side or not. According to the Razmi method on this scan it should be on the right for a girl since abdominal scans are reversed? I can't tell what's what haha.

Attachments

• Babu1.jpg
    Babu1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Babu2.jpg
    Babu2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3
And see that's why I'm hoping to compare a few different ones. Because then we should be able to see a trend.

Yeah I wish I had known about the method when I had the scan. I would have asked what side the placenta on in terms of left and right. :haha:

That's so funny - my anatomy scan is on April fool's day too! Guess it's a popular day for doctor's appointments :happydance: Sounds like there will be a lot to report a week from now.

17 weeks today and baby is about the size of an onion!

2015-03-25+08.20.57 (1).jpg

Oh and lavender. From what I read that thicker part on the outside of the sac on the let side of your photo is the placenta. And that's why I wanted more pictures to compare too because from reading the actual study and stuff I think that an abdominal one is the right way and a vaginal is reversed. Even though everyone keeps telling me that's wrong. But of all the ones I have seen the placenta was on the correct side in an abdominal but not in a vaginal. It's weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->