Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

I babysit out of my home for my friend's kids at that so I usually have trouble finding motivation to pull myself together. I mean my friends and their toddlers could care less if I'm wearing sweatpants and tshirts lol. My poor DH. Ten inches?! That is crazy to think about! Almost halfway now!

It was all awesome news at the doc! Cervical length is perfectly normal and the baby weighed almost a pound approximately. 350 grams so 12 ounces! Doctor is really happy with how everything was going and extremely happy that my internal os is closed up tight so there is little chance that I will go into premature labour. I'm so excited. :)

Thanks Sass! It's just so surreal still that there is a human being growing inside me right now. I feel him kick all the time and I still don't believe it some days haha.

That's awesome news JandJ! :hugs: I know the feeling of not really believing there is a human growing in there... I hear the heartbeat at my appointments, have seen the baby at my volunteer ultrasound, feel the movements and my tummy is clearly growing but I still just can't believe it's happening!

It's just like so surreal that there is actually something in there. Let alone that in like 4.5 months I'm going to be holding another beautiful baby. I can't wait for that moment that I first get to hold him. It's something you never forget.

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is well. I haven't been posting much but have been following along :)

We have our 20 week scan today...hoping all goes well. Thought I would share a bump pic. This is at 19 weeks.......

Attachments

• 19 weeks.jpg
    19 weeks.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
Cute bump NoRi! Good luck at your scan! Can't wait to hear how it went :happydance!

Everything went very well at the scan yesterday. Heart rate was 142bpm, baby weighs 12 oz and in the 56th percentile overall. The tech said everything looked perfect. The baby was busy kicking around in there having a party lol:happydance:

We went to Babies R Us to start our registry last night. We knew we wouldn't get far, but wanted to get it started at least. We learned a lot from the employee there working in the stroller/car seat area. She was so helpful!

Hopefully everyone is doing well today and has a good weekend-the weather is supposed to be nice here this weekend, so looking forward to the sunshine :)

Surreal is a great word to describe pregnancy.
Congrats on your scan nori. Are you team yellow?

I could never stay on team yellow haha. I wanted to know so bad.

I honestly don't think I could. I was team yellow with my DS... only the grandparents knew. But my dad, not thinking, shared the news with a lady he was buying a camper from (not mentioning that it was a secret) and later sent me to deliver the payment. When she congratulated me on my son I burst into tears of surprise and happiness. The poor lady felt awful and I couldn't be upset with my dad... clearly he was excited and wanted to share the news of his first grandchild. I'm his only child and sadly he passed away almost 6 years ago so won't be here for the birth of his third grandchild that I HOPE is a boy that I can name after him.

Well I did have some moments in the days leading up to our appointment that I thought maybe, just maybe I would change my mind....but I didn't. The tech was very cool about it and warned us when she was getting close to that area and turned the screen away. My hubby would've found out if it were up to him. Now that I made it through without giving in I think it will be smooth sailing :)

I hope everyone's week is going well:flower:

Glad to see everyone is doing so well - bumps growing and babies thriving according to ultrasound results! I can't believe how big our babies are getting :happydance: I gained about 2 pounds a week the last couple of weeks - that's as much in 2 weeks as the whole first 14 weeks sheesh :blush: Hoping that just means baby is getting nice and chubby in there and ready for birth.

Weird question, but has anyone else noticed their colostrum come in yet? I started having sore bbs again about a week ago and then I got this one area that was all red and lumpy on one breast and now when I massage it I see some colostrum (or at least some kind of sticky liquid) come out on that side. I read it could come in anytime after 16 weeks, but this seems awfully early still! Also, what's up with the red lumpy spot? Anyway, just wondering what breast changes you ladies had noticed so far.

I wonder why I've never seen this thread before, would you mind if I joined you?

Glad to see everyone is doing so well - bumps growing and babies thriving according to ultrasound results! I can't believe how big our babies are getting :happydance: I gained about 2 pounds a week the last couple of weeks - that's as much in 2 weeks as the whole first 14 weeks sheesh :blush: Hoping that just means baby is getting nice and chubby in there and ready for birth.

Weird question, but has anyone else noticed their colostrum come in yet? I started having sore bbs again about a week ago and then I got this one area that was all red and lumpy on one breast and now when I massage it I see some colostrum (or at least some kind of sticky liquid) come out on that side. I read it could come in anytime after 16 weeks, but this seems awfully early still! Also, what's up with the red lumpy spot? Anyway, just wondering what breast changes you ladies had noticed so far.

I have noticed some dried white stuff around my nipples every now and again. Not sure if it is just dry skin or stuff that leaked out and is drying. I don't have the courage to squeeze them and see if anything comes out lol. And my right nipple looks different. The actual nipple is sort of concave now - it comes out but the very center dips in. Hard to expalin. Not sure about the red spot, sorry.

Breast changes...yea, I don't even recognize them anymore! I've gone from an xs to a large in my favorite bralette and I swear my nipples have like tripled in size...I'm actually a bit self concious about it. No leakage yet but they are incredibly sore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->