Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

I wish my mother in law would get the hint and back off a little haha. In the end it's my baby and I'm going to do what I want. And as for the circumcision my husband is circumcised and my first son is circumcised so ultimately this one will be too. My first son is circumcised because his dad is but also because I am prone to UTI's and when I talked to the urologist when I was pregnant they told me that there was a 70% chance of my male children having the same problem but only a 30% chance if we had him circumcised. That made the decision for me because I don't want them to have to suffer like I do. I got so mad once because someone asked me on a page one time if that meant I was going to do the same thing to my daughter if I ever have one because you know it's the same thing to cut her clitoris off. And I'm just like yeah, no it isn't, and on top of that I couldn't reduce her risk of UTI's by doing that. It just really makes me mad, when did decisions about my child's genitals become anyone else's business?

Q I wouldn't say I'm anti bully breeds... more like anti untrained, more prone to danger (because of size), unruly, hyper, large breeds.

Not sure if you caught a much earlier thread of mine, before I got my :bfp:

Maybe a good thing I haven't conceived. Need to vent. Thoughts are welcome.

I've dealt with my OH's dog and have also been around his brother's dog. Both are hyper, jump on people, slobbery and just not something I'm comfortable having around my newborn :nope: More importantly, the issue of drugs in the house. What could happen to my baby, especially if for some reason law enforcement ever became involved? His mom is more than welcome to watch her grandchild at our house but I'm not too keen on our baby being there a whole lot without our supervision.

Got you 100%. I just read the first page and a half of your other thread after seeing it on the until birth page. I completely support you on the no baby at MIL's house issue, on all accounts. I'm glad it's just poor training and hygiene of these particular dogs that make you against them. There is so much breed specific negativity out there..

Jess - both my kids were circumcised by my request in the hospital, despite their father being against it. Circumcision was originally a religious thing, but had become a hygiene and health thing. The possibility of post surgical infection or surgical complications and etc. is extremely low. My friend's three year old had to have a later circumcision bc the foreskin grew over the end of his penis and grew closed. A teacher I had in 8th grade was prone to uti's and her 7yr wasn't circumcised and got a uti and kidney infection and had to have an adult sized scope shoved up his penis, and ended up being circumcised at SEVEN. A lot of grown men I know/know of through comments made by wives/girlfriends/mothers have hygiene based smell issues: they weren't circumcised and they never learned how to pull the foreskin back and properly clean their penises.. I'm pro-circumcision. Those who are opposed are entitled to their opinions, but if they want to try and shove their opinions down my throat, I will happily help them find a better place to shove said opinions, like up their a$$es. :rofl:

Sorry to hear about the positive result on the glucose screening test, Wonders! Apparently the false positive rate is really high, so I hope that's the case for you.

I haven't had mine yet (I will in a couple weeks), but everyone I know who has taken it since I got pregnant has had to do the 3-hour test :dohh: I've heard you can avoid a false positive by avoiding carbs the day of the test and possibly testing later in the day, so we'll see if that strategy works for me. Could just be the luck of the draw, though!

JandJ oh my nooooo... I agree chopping off a baby girl's clitoris is so not the same as circumcision!:dohh: I honestly don't have a strong opinion on one side or the other, as like I said my oldest son IS and my youngest will not be.

Agh Q even though I don't have a penis I was sitting here squirming in my chair at work just reading all of that :wacko: Ouch! I have no complaints when it comes to my OH's uncircumsized wonder wand :rofl: and told him he will have to help me with cleaning and caring for our son. I plan to educate myself as much as possible :thumbup:

Have to chime in here. It sounds like a personal problem to me if grown men are having issues keeping their penis clean. My DH is uncircumcised and we have NEVER had any problems like that. It's not a big deal, take a shower everyday like you should anyway and you won't have any problems. If anything, I have seen more problems with circumcision. My friends little boy was circumcised and it was always getting infected and would try to "grow back" so she would regularly have to jam it back into place while he absolutely screamed in pain. So, really you can have issues with either outcome. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have a penis so it really isn't my decision to make. DH isn't so our son won't be either. It seems unnecessary and painful to me anyway but that's just my $.02.

Right macy, my OH has no issues with his whatsoever. He says it's just a matter of proper hygiene... which should be the case for any personal area down there, boy or girl. My oldest son had issues with his foreskin growing back to the shaft and it would tear apart and the urine in his diaper would sting. Oww oww oww!!! I had to use a cotton swab and petroleum jelly around the head/base of his penis during every diaper change to ensure that wouldn't happen anymore.

Sorry to hear about the positive result on the glucose screening test, Wonders! Apparently the false positive rate is really high, so I hope that's the case for you.

I haven't had mine yet (I will in a couple weeks), but everyone I know who has taken it since I got pregnant has had to do the 3-hour test :dohh: I've heard you can avoid a false positive by avoiding carbs the day of the test and possibly testing later in the day, so we'll see if that strategy works for me. Could just be the luck of the draw, though!

I had my 3-hour test yesterday and will have the results tomorrow or the next day. It's really a sucky test but I'm sure there are worse things to go through while pregnant. My dr told me if I had to eat before the one hour to really limit carbs, like protein only. I had 2 eggs an hour or so before the test first thing in the morning and I failed by 9 points. But if I really do have GD, then it probably wouldn't have mattered either way what I ate.

All this circumcision talk is making me so happy that I am a) not a boy and b) not having a boy! My downstairs hurts just reading this stuff lol.

Good luck with your test Wonders. I've heard the first test isn't very accurate anyway. I know tons of girls who had to do the 3 hour one and passed. I'm sure it was unpleasant though, that drink sounds so yucky. I'm probably going to ask for an alternative to it because I'm sure I will not be able to keep it down.

Good luck with your test Wonders. I've heard the first test isn't very accurate anyway. I know tons of girls who had to do the 3 hour one and passed. I'm sure it was unpleasant though, that drink sounds so yucky. I'm probably going to ask for an alternative to it because I'm sure I will not be able to keep it down.

Thanks!

The first drink (50g) was orange flavored and really not that bad other than I only had 5 minutes to drink it.

The second test was 100g and they only had lemon lime. That was tougher as it was way sweeter and grosser in my opinion. My mom suggested a smoothie straw (the thicker ones) and it helped a lot to just chug it down.

Wonders- thank you for reminding me- that was how my test was last pregnancy. This time I only had one drink. At my second blood draw, I asked for my second drink and they looked at me like I was crazy.
I hope you pass!

I really don't know if I would have circumcised my son if it wasn't for the urinary tract problems, I talked it over with my husband but in the end it was the best decision for our particular circumstances. I'm very happy with the way that my doctor did the incision though, we have had absolutely no problems and he left a lot more skin than most doctors would have, basically just removing the hood which is the part that increases his risk of infections. In the end I'm glad I made that decision and I will do it all over again when this one is born because it really is what is best for my boys. I don't want to have to be like my mom and constantly walk into the bathroom to a bawling child because it hurt and I was too young to understand why.

And as for the glucose screening I have to go next Thursday. I'm dreading it because I feel like I will fail the first one again.

I failed the first and passed the second with both pregnancies. The only major difference is this time had to plan for childcare because 3+ hours in a waiting room is no way doable for my toddler.

24 weeks today and it's my lil man's V-Day! :happydance:

IMG_20150513_080150.png
2015-05-13_08.00.18-1.jpg

Yay wonders! That's awesome! :)

Happy V-Day to you MamaBunny! Such a relief hitting that point I swear. :haha:

Glad to see you're back JandJ! Hope things are going well despite the family drama. V-Day is viability day, or when most hospitals will start treating preemies.

That's great wonders!

Yeah JandJ, I had NO idea what "V-Day" was until recently. I seen girls posting about it on the Facebook group and was thinking it had to do with celebrating Valentines Day at a different time in other countries or something :dohh: This is my third child and there's SO MUCH I had no idea about?! Before I guess I just knew how the baby was made and that was that :laugh2:

So congrats to you JandJ for hitting V-Day already! :happydance: I read somewhere that baby's chances of survival outside the womb are around 40-70% at 24 weeks and increase 3-4% with each day that passes afterwards :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->