Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

That's exciting! I don't think this little guy is going anywhere for a while but it's always a weight off your chest to realize that they have such good chances of surviving if they were to decide to come out way too early. :)

Had my second volunteer scan today! Baby boy was snoozin' most of the time but did wake for a bit, swinging his hands and feet before falling back to sleep. They were practicing performing a biophysical profile, which is a combination of an ultrasound evaluation with anon-stress test used to evaluate fetal health in the third trimester (I'm still in second tri but I'm just the guinea pig, nothing official). He was laying transverse, with his head at my left and feet at my right side. We got to see his diaphragm moving at some points, which means he's practicing breathing! It was pretty neat!

Arm over head
I20150519095313156.jpg

Knee/leg
I20150519095313890.jpg

Arm with semi-curled hand
I20150519095316093.jpg

Umbilical cord
I20150519095316515.jpg

Arm over head, you can kind of see his mouth and nose
I20150519095316937.jpg

Face, you can see his left eye and his mouth and a chubby left cheek and his chin
I20150519095317343.jpg

Boy parts between thighs
I20150519095321062.jpg

I20150519095321406.jpg

I20150519095321765.jpg

Another one of face, you can sort of see his left eye... and chubby left cheek
I20150519095322171.jpg

This one is my fave - view angled from under his head. You can see his chin, mouth/lips, nose and arms stretched over his head
I20150519095322515.jpg

It's so crazy that he's at a size now where only so much of him will fit into a frame. When I went at 13 weeks, I got pretty much a full body shot. Now just head and arms, only abdomen area or just legs will fit into a frame.

I go back again Thursday! :dance:

My additional volunteer scan was again today. My OH got to go with me and baby boy was pretty content in there for the most part but did move around a bit. The students were able to perform their procedures. Like on Tuesday, they were doing an overall scan of my uterus to get an idea of baby's position, monitoring his heart/diaphragm to look for breathing movements visible by seeing his diaphragm move (it moves his stomach so that helps) and this must happen for a consecutive 30 seconds, measuring the largest space of amniotic fluid and today they took measurements of his head. I noticed the measurements were a bit further along than 25+1 but realize that in order to get a more specific size idea they would measure other areas of his body as well. I think one of the students took a measurement of his torso/belly but I don't see it on my CD.

Head images and measurements:
I20150521095042250.jpg
I20150521095042656.jpg
I20150521095043000.jpg
I20150521095043359.jpg
I20150521095043718.jpg
I20150521095048156.jpg

Misc. images:
Hand stretched out
I20150521095049468.jpg

Face
I20150521095050234.jpg

Face, kind of distorted but I can see his chin and big lips
I20150521095050750.jpg

Leg/foot
I20150521095051218.jpg

Feet
I20150521095053609.jpg

I was invited to come back yet again sometime during my third trimester, as they apparently are having a difficult time getting volunteers... which is crazy to me. Why would you NOT want to take advantage of such an amazing opportunity?!

I can't believe in 4 days I will be in my third trimester. It's crazy. Also less than a month and I finally get my new flooring and my house painted and then I can start changing around the boys room so it can accommodate baby and big brother!

JandJ I do believe you ARE in third tri!

1st - weeks 1-13
2nd - weeks 14-26
3rd - weeks 27-39+​

Yes, I've seen 3rd trimester start at 27 or 28 weeks - guess they still can't really decide how to break up 40 weeks into 3 parts! I will count starting at 28 weeks since that's what my doc's office does, but so exciting how far we've come! Plus I heard babies at 27 weeks have a 90% survival rate if born prematurely. Amazing.

Anyone heard anything from Querida? I think she had an appointment sometime around now.

P.S. How did the glucose test go, JandJ? I just had my 1-hour test today and waiting to find out if I need the 3-hour one. Hoping it's not necessary.

I go by week 28 because that's what my doctor goes by. And the glucose test sucked which I knew it would but I won't know if I failed it and need to take the 3 hour one until my next doctors appointment on June 3rd. :(

I was wondering about Que too? I think her appointment was a couple of days ago...

My 26 week appointment was yesterday. I gained 9lbs for a total of 31lbs so far :wacko: My belly is measuring a week ahead at 27cm. I don't feel like I've gained that much :shrug: My doctor was worried, saying I always do great with my pregnancies just to watch my salt intake. Baby moved from last week's transverse position to head down! He was snoozin' so the doctor was able to get a clear heartbeat this time. I got for my glucose test in two weeks... not looking forward to the needle :nope:

Still waiting on my glucose test results - supposed to hear back tomorrow or Monday :thumbup:

Not a medical opinion of course, but you look great Mama so maybe that's just the right amount of weight gain for this pregnancy at this point! :hugs: The nurse finally noticed at my last appointment that I was gaining faster than they expected (about 25 pounds so far at 27 weeks), but I am trying not to stress about it. Baby is measuring right where she's supposed to be and I feel like it's pretty much all been belly. This is my first, so I don't have a pattern, but maybe I just grow the most during second trimester. I am focusing on being healthy and eating when me and the nugget are hungry.

Oh, and can't wait to get more info on baby's position again. They couldn't tell at my 27 week whether she was head up or down - I think down based on movement but would like to know with more certainty. Hope everyone else is having a happy Friday!

Well, got my 1-hour results back. I failed :dohh: Looks like I have to go in next week for the 3-hour. Bummer. Hoping it's just a false positive - seems like everyone I know has had one so far this pregnancy.

Well, got my 1-hour results back. I failed :dohh: Looks like I have to go in next week for the 3-hour. Bummer. Hoping it's just a false positive - seems like everyone I know has had one so far this pregnancy.

I was so upset when I failed mine but I did pass the 3 hour! Good luck!

I have my appointment tomorrow so I finally get to find out if I failed my glucose test. I have a feeling I probably did though.

Any word on your glucose test, JandJ? I had my 3-hour this morning - it wasn't very fun but could have been worse. Just hoping the results turn out to be normal! I should know in a day or two (if they call, I know it's not good news...)

I failed my glucose test as I thought I would. The highest number you are allowed to have without taking the 3 hour is below a 7.8, I had a 7.8 Haha. So they have to send me in. I go on Friday to do that. And I'm anemic as well. My iron level is a 10. Normal is 12-75 but they want you in like the 30's. I've been on an iron supplement for almost a month now.

Most definitely not haha. I just have terrible iron absorption while pregnant.

Sorry about the glucose result and the anemia, JandJ! At least you know both of those are totally common experiences during pregnancy :hugs: Did you have a high result on your 1-hour with your last pregnancy? I would think that makes it more likely this time around too.

My iron levels were a bit low based on my last test, but it doesn't seem like it's low enough for them to suggest supplements. If it makes you feel any better, I was just looking into the issue and apparently low iron after the midway point in pregnancy isn't really associated with any bad outcomes even though they still like to supplement you if they discover it (e.g., https://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/2/443S.full). Apparently it's normal for your iron to go down some as your blood volume expands to provide for baby.

Oh, and good news on my 3 hour glucose test - I passed with excellent results! Guess my body just really didn't care for the 1-hour, despite my attempts to do everything "right" beforehand. Happy to know everything is okay :happydance: Hope your 3-hour goes well, JandJ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->