Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Not looking forward to mine next week :nope: I absolutely hate needles... but the worst part is the fasting! I am gonna pack a buffet of food to take with me to work afterwards :toothpick:

Yes I failed the first one with my son as well. I had a 7.9 so almost the same result. I'm just hoping of the 3 hour is high that they will actually call me and not just wait until my next appointment on June 17th.

Oh and for me having low iron is dangerous because there is still a chance I will have to have a c-section and if they let it stay low than I will bleed too much and have to get blood transfusions. My baby could also be born anemic if they let it stay too low too long. :(

I've never heard of low iron in pregnancy. Guess you learn something everyday! I guess I did go like 3/4 months where I felt like all I wanted was red meat all the time. Is there a way to help your body absorb it more easily? I have heard it's better to get nutrients from foods vs vitamins. Some argue vitamins can just get peed out and never get absorbed. :(

There's nothing they can do past what they are already doing. I'm already on a high iron diet and drink lots of vitamin c to help with absorption. My body just doesn't like it. If it doesn't improve within the next couple of weeks I have to get an iv iron supplement near the end, same as with my son.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Question for those of you doing the open house style shower (co-ed).....when are you planning on opening gifts? I have heard that people put a specific time on the invitation so that if people want to be there for it they can or I have also heard of people just opening as guests arrive. What do you think is the best option?

I failed my 1 hr glucose screen but passed the 3 hr:happydance:

Decided to post some bump pics today....everyone keeps saying I am so huge (such a compliment:cry:).....I can't help the way I carry babies I guess.

Attachments

• downsized_0609151622.jpg
    downsized_0609151622.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • downsized_0609151625b.jpg
    downsized_0609151625b.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2
Nori with my son I just opened presents whenever haha. I opened them all at once but I didn't have a specific time. And I'm probably the same size as you so I wouldn't worry about what people say.

My belly pictures from 28 weeks. I look like poop but you can see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2
Sorry my iPad only lets me do one at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2
Last one. This one is my favourite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
I opened mine all at once with no announced time. I wouldn't add that time restriction to myself. Just relax and have fun!

28 weeks today!

577vU32rwITHg5MJJmi3aEdNz5JLnFlK6dYGfrIyaNg=w300-h667-no
5vdA3C3WcnqIeRnmpPQC663Lg9Mt_KSoAbZZwlgvBCI=s667-no

3D volunteer ultrasound this afternoon then our second birthing class this evening! Scheduled my glucose screening for tomorrow morning...

Good luck on ultrasound today and glucose screening tomorrow, Mama! I have my 30 week appointment next week - hoping they can start giving me some news about the baby's position :happydance: I am pretty sure she is head down but that's about all I can guess - can't feel any baby parts from the outside (neither could the nurse at my appointment a couple of weeks ago).

As for shower plans, I agree with everyone that it would probably be hard to set a specific time to open gifts. If you want everyone to see you open their gift, it could be fine to open gifts as people arrive, though. I am more stressed about what activities to have (or not have), than I am about the gift part. Anyone have fun ideas for what you're going to do at your baby shower?

It's a fun idea to do Baby Shower Bingo, where you open all the gifts and everyone has a Bingo board with baby items listed and they mark each item on their board til they win! We aren't doing that, just throwing names into a jar of people that bring diapers and having a drawing for a gift card.

Thanks!

I think we will just go with the flow and see what happens :)

We are doing a couple activities if people want to participate...having the guest pick a letter of the alphabet and drawing a picture that represents the letter. Then we will put it all together for a book for baby to teach the ABC's.
The other ones are a surprise by the people throwing the shower :)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Omigosh NoRi that ABC book is such a cute idea! I'm afraid as to what some of OH's friends may draw depending on what letter they get... it'd be pretty comical and something OH and I could look back on at least if we weren't able to show our son (until he's much older lol)

30 weeks. I'm pretty sure this is about as big as I got with my son. Haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
Aww cute bump JandJ!!! I love seeing photos with bumps and faces

Aww looking good JandJ! :D

Had my shower over the weekend and that went well! Lots of clothes and goodies! I've got to get thank-you cards out now for everyone.

I also did my glucose test today, finally. I actually didn't mind the sugar drink at all and that went smoothly so now I'm just hoping for good results!

Hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->