Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

29 weeks today!

FL2AkIYE_8GRHIAbkVKrGPzdsphsAwmXAh0BczhhtWQ=w283-h667-no
RdU5KVddbwPaB3BW9-n1Kd-4kPbX3AbJgUty44B_sdk=s667-no

I am really getting nervous as I realize that I only have at least a good 9 weeks before I become a waddling time bomb :wacko: My ankles are swelling quite a bit. Never had that before.

Cute pic Mamabunny!

How is everyone doing? I can't complain...all is well, other than swollen feet today. I have them propped up on a box under my desk:thumbup:

We started our birthing classes last night. It is sinking in that in roughly 10-11 weeks we will be parents. So much to do yet! We have been trying to move boxes a little at a time and hopefully one of my friends will be able to help me get some things unpacked this weekend as hubby continues to renovate and get the remaining rooms ready!! tick tock tick tock lol

I have my next dr visit this Friday, hopefully I didn't gain too much weight this time!!!

Just saw this article on BnB:

Is It Cruel to Pierce Your Baby's Ears?

An excerpt from the article:

“It is a form of child cruelty,” she writes on the petition. “Severe pain and fear is inflicted upon infants unnecessarily. It serves no purpose other than to satisfy the parent’s vanity. Other forms of physically harming children are illegal — this should be no different.”

Wouldn't circumcision be categorized as such, as well?

Had my 30-week appointment yesterday. Definitely feeling the due date approaching now! I asked my midwife about the baby's position and she really didn't seem too interested in it (too early she thought), but also she wasn't really able to tell the position at all still. We figured out baby was on the right side at the moment because of where the heartbeat was located, but she couldn't feel the head anywhere.

Anyone have more success with caregivers determining baby's location at this stage? For those with previous experience, when should I expect the head and baby's position to be more clear? Keep in mind I have some extra padding, although not a massive amount :winkwink:

At my 26 week appointment with my doctor, he determined baby boy was head down with his back along my left side and feet over on my right just by feeling around before he used the doppler. At my most recent volunteer ultrasound, he was still in the same position at 28 weeks.

Once I got a little further along with my first, I could usually find her spine so I knew what side she was on.
This time I have a little less padding so I can see the bulk of her. It's hard to tell head from tush but it's easier to tell foot kicks from finger moves.

How is everyone doing?

I am doing okay, other than the normal swollen feet and feeling dizzy

Our 3d/4d ultra sound didn't turn out very well since baby was sleeping and did not want to wake up for us. I even drank orange juice before we went. Tech said baby is head down, lots of hair and was sleeping basically folded in half lol We saw 4d images of legs and arms....she verified HR @138. They will do a re scan in about 4 weeks, she said baby will be too big to fold in half at that point so we should be able to get some good pictures. Dr apt fri went well, HR 140, I have gained 24 lbs and am measuring right on track for 30 weeks.

Here is my 30 week bump picture...def all belly..not sure where the growth over the next 10 weeks is going to go

Attachments

• downsized_0623151724.jpg
    downsized_0623151724.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 4
I feel the same- how can we get any bigger? And not just bigger but that baby is going to be doubling in size?! Crazy!
I'm guessing your having a boy nori. ;)

Most of our friends and family have guessed boy as well....must be because of the way I am carrying?? Any baby dreams I have had have all been boy also.....

31 weeks here now. Starting to feel some shortness of breath and having acid reflux (no room in there for food anymore!) but otherwise still doing well. Able to sleep still, thank goodness.

Sass, I think I can tell feet from hands but since this is my first I'm not super confident. Some movements feel fluttery and others much more forceful, but since those sensations are always in different places it's hard for me to be sure it's not just where it's happening rather than what body part. Anyhow, I think she's head down but am somewhat disappointed I haven't gotten any confirmation from my midwives. I'll keep asking - at least that's one nice thing about having millions of appointments from now on :thumbup:

Anyone else just recently started measuring large? I had been measuring just about 1cm ahead (within the usual range), but at my last appointment I was 3cm ahead suddenly (33cm at 30 weeks). My midwife put it down to probably a somewhat large baby (which would not surprise me at all given the typical size of newborns in my family) but just wondering if anyone else is having the same experience? My weight gain has really slowed so I don't think that's it.

I measured 1cm ahead at my last prenatal appointment. Baby has been measuring ahead since my very first volunteer scan at 12 weeks. EVen at my anatomy scan around 21 weeks, the tech asked me if I had any other scans because baby was measuring big. Since I failed my GD test (I got for the 3 hour this Saturday) I'm hoping I don't had GD and he's going to be a big headed, chunky boy... And I'm also afraid that if he is indeed bigger that I might have trouble delivering vaginally and wind up with a CS or my doctor may want to induce me to avoid that. I'll take the induction over higher risk of CS but still... I always have to worry over something. Anxious to see what I measure next week at my appointment.

Good luck on the 3-hr GD test, Mama! I had to do that one too, but my results turned out completely normal. Try not to let them worry you with the big baby talk - the ultrasound measures of fetal size are only approximate (they can be off by at least a pound either way at term) and plus a woman's pelvis is much more accommodating than people give it credit for!

At least with my body shape (and solid "childbearing" hips :winkwink:), I think there ought to be plenty of room for a hefty little one to come out! I just hope my practitioners don't get too antsy about her size if I continue to measure large and try to intervene unnecessarily.

My one friend said "the third child wreaks havoc on your body" and that seems to hold true in my case :sad1: Though, I am thankful thus far because I know it could be much worse! So many new experiences with this pregnancy and even though my hips definitely widen and have accommodated my previous two children to deliver vaginally... I'm worried still because of that whole "third child" thing. I was my mom's third and her biggest and she had to have a CS because I wouldn't fit through her pelvic cavity! :dohh: Of course OH is all proud with the possibility that he is going to have a big, chucnky boy but I'm like :saywhat: helloooo you do realize this boy has to come out somehow, right?!

The measurements are so not accurate. Don't let them get you worried.

Havent been on this thread in forever :) 32 weeks in,Not too much longer to go now :) after losing three babies early on I think this is my miracle child!! I'm.so excited I've never been a mother before and can't wait for this experience. My step- sister lost her little one at 20 weeks along like two months ago and my aunt lost her little one at 35 weeks along one month ago.Even tho a lot of bad things have happened to people I know I think me and Abigail will make it. Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Sunday was our Baby-Q and considering the constant rain and flooding we had the day prior, the weather wasn't terrible... just a bit windy. Overall we definitely lucked out, considering we were originally going to have the shower on Saturday :wacko:

2kX_eH9AH2DWYEUNjQzxhK9i76vL08VmtJ0obvow4y8=w834-h667-no
QTA3BBHvA8wOP7HV3X_dFizPRZcHnxyO2OgbrJjVWbw=w615-h667-no
lHXsREYiDwapLfUN6gm_nYVKrQv26wFDyGT2DYtXtek=w1186-h667-no
LfM8IkIWLuQZ2sLFHrmI2nkJLzAj6WURxlWFrGRbW2E=w584-h667-no
GPqJNpPRqnhrRSAlsIhPzNTsJj2FnvdhTFFvhHebwS8=w1186-h667-no
WtYYfAfCEvpp8ykvP8iyL6Tuvbl9qgyjtj_vvAkL-wk=w933-h667-no
MZEUH2rHcUdHLRmmVrVstKKCMR_Wqg-Py38yNaHra5Y=w564-h667-no

The best part of the day, along with sharing it with close family and friends, was seeing OH's face light up as he opened the gifts. I let him do it all, as the shower really was intended for him. We got some very nice things and the nursery is starting to slowly fill up.

Frarq5yzDQKGqi-Pnph4OpLa55RAIdcbuKmR_kTBLNg=w376-h667-no
1eoHohauFysRaAH1RIjsynjWRnLIeJ_Saj4aJrDzGb8=w376-h667-no

Waiting on a crib replacement part and the bedding is scheduled to arrive this week. OH and I will use money and gift cards we got from the shower to purchase additional items we still need :thumbup:

Finally got more information about baby's position today at 32 weeks. She is snuggled in head down :happydance:, currently with her back on my left side. She was snoozing through the appointment. Oh, and this time I was not measuring large at all - right at 32cm. Don't know if she just changed positions or if it was a difference in measurement strategy between midwives. Either way, good to know she's probably not TOO giant in there :)

Oh, and we had my baby shower this weekend. I think it was someone on here who suggested making pages from a baby alphabet book as a party activity - we did that and it was a big hit. Plus, what a great keepsake it will make!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Nice pictures mamabunny! you look so cute.

We had our first shower (mostly my family/friends-the one for his family is not for another week and a half...our families live about an hr apart, so it seemed best to do 2 showers) this weekend also-I worked on organizing everything Sunday. The carpet is supposed to be installed in roughly 2 weeks, so once it's in, we can officially fill the nursery with everything :) We did the ABC book and it was so much fun to see the pictures everyone drew!! We are going to make it into a book and hubby also suggested scanning each page in to make an electronic version-like print it at Walgreens or wherever. (he works in IT, so it's kind of his thing lol)

I am feeling pretty good overall-although I have noticed an increase in soreness in my hips...but feel like I am just growing growing growing-there were a few people at the shower that felt the need to comment how big they think I am...that was slightly disappointing:cry: You would think that especially at the shower, people would keep their opinions to themselves-but whatever I guess.
I am having a baby in 8-9 weeks people, c'mon!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->