Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Haven't seen any posts in a while. How is everyone doing? The big day just gets closer and closer!

I've been having more Braxton Hicks contractions (or at least noticing them more) and get short of breath easily, but otherwise everything is still pretty much normal here. Going in for my 34 week appointment this week - can't believe I'm only a few weeks away from full term :happydance:

I expect to hear about some babies starting to arrive on here any time now!

I had a huge burst of productivity while OH was at work over the entire weekend! I routered out hinge spaces, cut out knob and bolt spaces and installed two slab doors, sanded and painted some touch ups on the wall, hung some drywall and corner bead and slapped a coat of mud over it all, installed some casing and baseboard and textured the ceiling :bodyb:

It looks much better now compared to before photos (left) and we are SO CLOSE to being done with EVERYTHING :happydance:

E72B6T49z0AAaKpPuhhOXH7lKUlgA28bCQk8bmAgXZY=s667-no
_a-edmoUq33-FZMKDOhJXPrC8PVGKFcQXl67tWXLOsY=s667-no

We have basically renovated a big chunk of our house - all three bedrooms upstairs, created a fourth bedroom downstairs for us and completing the room just outside our new bedroom (shown above) which will serve as a nice little media room with our recliner, computer desk, TV/monitor on the wall. When our LO is up at night, one of us can simply get him out of his bassinet and take him to the recliner to feed and rock to sleep without disturbing anyone else :thumbup:

I have mini panic attacks whenever I think of how close D-Day is approaching... Like, tomorrow I'll be 33 weeks along and 49 freakin' days or less until we meet our son :wacko: Ahhhhh, another panic attack...

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around. I got diagnosed with GD at 30 weeks and it's been a roller coaster since then. Plus we were renovating our house and had to stay at my in laws for 3 weeks, that was fun.. Not. Only a few more weeks to go for me! Baby was measuring really big, like I was measuring at 36 weeks when I was only 32. But now he has slowed down again. I grew one cm in 2 weeks so my doctor is confident that my sugar levels are in check with everything that I am doing. Have to have an ultrasound on the 4th though to see just how big he is, if it's nothing to crazy then I get to go ahead with my plan to try a vbac, but if he's huge he has to come out by c-section right away due to my scar tissue. So there is anywhere from 2.5-5 weeks until I will meet my baby boy! So excited!!

Hi ladies don't think I've seen this thread before! I am now 37+4 and due on 8th August!

Got most of babies washing done and finish up work on Friday!

Welcome, Cormacks! Things have slowed down a bit on this board, but it's been going on since all of us got our BFPs in December/January. Can't wait to hear about the arrival of some new little ones - sounds like you might be one of the first!

Getting my tdap vaccination today. It would be really nice if my practice offered it at one of my visits...instead I have to take off more work and visit a GP just to get it :dohh: Tried going to one of those pharmacy clinics this weekend but my insurance wouldn't pay for it, boo!

Another expecting mommy posted a thread regarding a personally previously used car seat that doesn't expire until 2018... but they had stored out in their shed for 3 years and they live in an area with temps reaching up to 124F. Her OB brought up the concern of the plastic durability.

I decided to do a little research for my own curiosity and knowledge and found this article:

Why Car Seats Expire: Details to Keep Your Child Safe​

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Materials deteriorate over time, especially plastic. Ever left a plastic toy shovel in the sun and see how it gets bleached, becomes brittle, or even cracked? The plastic that makes up your seat will do the same and weaken over time, especially if left in hot or very cold cars. Even in the best conditions, plastic just doesn't have a great lifespan. The harness can also develop elasticity that could allow more movement of your child's body than is safe, even when they're buckled in right. So car seat manufacturers take into account the average use and put that to the test to see approximately how much deterioration a seat can handle before it might have flaws that could risk your child's life.

OH's mom has a used seat she must have purchased off a garage sale site on Facebook. After reading this, I'm going to share the info with him and my new concerns as no one would know how or where the seat was stored and for how long, even if it's a current model.

Just wanted to pass this along to you all. I'd never have thought about it, just the expiration date.

Hi Cormacks :hi: Wow you are SO CLOSE to D-day!

Hi hun!

I am so impressed with all you've got done! Takes me to summon the energy to tidy up! Must get my finger out so we can fit all the baby's stuff in! I'm wanting to get all his stuff down from the loft this Saturday but need to make room first!

Got a feeling this little guy will make me wait!

:coffee:
Welcome, Cormacks! Things have slowed down a bit on this board, but it's been going on since all of us got our BFPs in December/January. Can't wait to hear about the arrival of some new little ones - sounds like you might be one of the first!

Getting my tdap vaccination today. It would be really nice if my practice offered it at one of my visits...instead I have to take off more work and visit a GP just to get it :dohh: Tried going to one of those pharmacy clinics this weekend but my insurance wouldn't pay for it, boo!

Hi hun! I'm hoping to go near my due date!:thumbup:

Just a word of warning about your jab you will probably have a sore arm for a few days just moving it will be sore! After that it will hurt only when touched for about a week. :hugs:

I was SO terrified of getting the tDap vaccine. Figured my arm would hurt terribly. I was so worked up I made the nurse nervous! Didn't hurt a bit getting it and nothing at all afterwards :dohh:

Thanks, ladies! I don't mind needles too much, so I wasn't really nervous but I have been having a sore arm the last couple of days. Luckily they stuck me on my right side so it doesn't hurt when I'm lying on my left like I usually do. At least hopefully it helps keep the little bean healthy whenever she decides to arrive.

And I expect to go close to or after my due date too, cormack! Babies in my family tend to arrive in their own sweet time :thumbup: But I'm still hoping to be prepared - we could always be surprised.

Hello everyone! Thought i would stick my head in and say hello! Am due Sept 1st and my 3 children were all late, but after the midwife told me the baby is engaged and she predicts an August baby I'm trying to get used to the idea!
As much as I would like to be done soon, I want a Sept baby!!

Thanks, ladies! I don't mind needles too much, so I wasn't really nervous but I have been having a sore arm the last couple of days. Luckily they stuck me on my right side so it doesn't hurt when I'm lying on my left like I usually do. At least hopefully it helps keep the little bean healthy whenever she decides to arrive.

And I expect to go close to or after my due date too, cormack! Babies in my family tend to arrive in their own sweet time :thumbup: But I'm still hoping to be prepared - we could always be surprised.

My first turned up the day before his due date no warning or anything! The first sign of labour was my waters breaking at 4am on the Sunday morning, he didn't make his grand entrance until 3:14pm on the Monday after a looooooong 35hrs!:dohh:

This time I think I'm having braxton hicks but nothing major! Just hope he doesn't go too late as my ds1 starts School on the 18th August:dohh:

Hello everyone! Thought i would stick my head in and say hello! Am due Sept 1st and my 3 children were all late, but after the midwife told me the baby is engaged and she predicts an August baby I'm trying to get used to the idea!
As much as I would like to be done soon, I want a Sept baby!!

Welcome hun!:flower:

One thing I've learned is that babies work to their own schedule!

I want an August baby, purely for my Gran's benefit (she passed away 3yrs ago) but she always said out of the entire year, between her own kids, grand kids, great grand kids and great great grand kids she never had an August birthday! So hopefully this little guy will be her August baby!:happydance:

Just a few of my favourite pics from my maternity/Family shoot at 34.5 ish weeks.
1/4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member