Got the Christmas BFP, now waiting on the baby..August 2015 :)

Welcome Mummy2b! I'm sorry to hear you are anxious about induction - I know I wouldn't want to hear that either, but I'm sure you will be so happy once baby arrives :happydance: Have your medical practitioners recommended you do anything to improve your odds of a successful induction? I'm not a medical expert or anything, but my practice recommends Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) capsules (4500mg per day total) and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea after 36 weeks to prepare the cervix and uterus for successful labor. I've looked into the evidence for both and although they're not studied as thoroughly as they should be there are a few studies that suggest positive effects. In particular, one study found that taking EPO for a week improved women's Bishop's score (https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(06)01323-8/fulltext), which would definitely be a bonus if you do have to be induced.

JandJ, let us know what they say after your ultrasound today!

I had to...

qNDmJZIswpkwIRPXMVGQxQEgWkrITs_4WUlkp4EKsF0=s667-no
IL4cFr-oMBi6xpHbGnpXRcR3u6PaORtYAuc5ioVGV_0=s667-no

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank-you deductivemom :-D I will look into those and other ways too. I do have my last midwife appointment tomorrow. I can ask her to see if anything can help.

I had to...

qNDmJZIswpkwIRPXMVGQxQEgWkrITs_4WUlkp4EKsF0=s667-no
IL4cFr-oMBi6xpHbGnpXRcR3u6PaORtYAuc5ioVGV_0=s667-no

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG! You brave woman! I would never dream of posting photos like that. Mind you I never had the FANTASTIC body like yours before pregnancy maybe that's why! You still look fantastic in a bikini now!

Aww thanks, I defo don't look the same but keep laughing at myself every time I see these photos :rofl: It's crazy how my body has changed!

Think something might be happening! I'm either having strong braxton hicks or mild contraction's! They are few and far between but they are a little painful! Eeeeek

The ultrasound went great! He is breathing lots and doing great he is big though. Like already 7 lbs 8 oz according to the ultrasound! My doc doesn't have Ny concerns though and today at my appointment I was a whole finger dilated and he was able to do a membrane sweep and now I believe I am showing the beginning signs of labour! Eek! I so hope that this is it, I want to meet my baby boy so bad. It could still just be false labour but I have this funny feeling it's not. We will have to see. :)

The ultrasound went great! He is breathing lots and doing great he is big though. Like already 7 lbs 8 oz according to the ultrasound! My doc doesn't have Ny concerns though and today at my appointment I was a whole finger dilated and he was able to do a membrane sweep and now I believe I am showing the beginning signs of labour! Eek! I so hope that this is it, I want to meet my baby boy so bad. It could still just be false labour but I have this funny feeling it's not. We will have to see. :)

Sounds promising hun good luck! Hope you meet your boy soon!

My pains fizzled out last night, obviously just braxton hicks! OH well never mind more time to get organised!

I'm still on pain but they aren't going anywhere as of now. Went to the hospital to get checked and no change so feeling pretty discouraged. Still losing mucus mixed with blood so hoping at least some time this weekend I will get to meet my baby. All I want to do right now is snuggle my husband and cry a little because I'm feeling pretty depressed about it all and I can't even do that because he is on night shifts. :(

Any updates, Cormacks or JandJ? It's pretty exciting we're at the stage where it could happen any time! But as Cormacks said it doesn't hurt to have this extra bit of time if the little one decides to stay put for now. I just hope my nugget is getting herself into a good position now so once labor starts it will go smoothly :thumbup:

Any updates, Cormacks or JandJ? It's pretty exciting we're at the stage where it could happen any time! But as Cormacks said it doesn't hurt to have this extra bit of time if the little one decides to stay put for now. I just hope my nugget is getting herself into a good position now so once labor starts it will go smoothly :thumbup:

Due tomorrow! But still nothing:nope: I am having tightenings but they are no longer painful! Got my post date appointment on Monday so if I'm still knocking about then, then I'm gonna ask for a sweep!

I have to keep remembering that I had NO signs of labour with my son til my waters broke and contractions started within 10 mins!

How is every one else doing?

My first labor started out with very mild cramping down low, about 7-11 minutes apart. I wasn't sure if it was anything but was able to track them as it was late and I was in bed.

Second labor I had no forewarning and one night I woke up to use the restroom and as I sat up in bed my water broke. Contractions started right away, but weren't terrible. Back labor with that one was awful though!

Hoping with this one I have some leeway and everything not happen all at once. I want time to adjust to the pain and cope as best I can and hopefully have the option of an epidural. My fear is that my water will break and send me into full blown active labor with minimal time to get to the hospital and deliver, no meds and my cervix dilating super fast :wacko:

Still here, Still having tightenings, and some mild back ache but nothing to shout about. Looks like I'll be going overdue!

I have been going to the loo a lot today maybe clear out?

I also went mental and gutted our bedroom and got Lo's pram set up and Moses basket out of the loft!

Guess it's just a waiting game now! How's everyone else doing?x

Got to see our maternity/family photos and I'm in love!

A Perfect Pixel - Jyllian's Maternity Photos​

Yes, those are great pics mamma! Hope everything's going okay in overdue-land cormacks - unless labor started officially already :thumbup:

38 weeks here and starting to feel like the birth could really happen any time, or could still be weeks away :shrug: Contractions are becoming more uncomfortable and frequent, but no particular pattern or progression. Guess I'll just try to keep busy and keep moving and wait for the time to be right.

How's everyone else doing?

Full term at 37 weeks today :happydance:

n5rnQJHKEio_hXCO-uum9guVkOxn6OUGwv_DDStayRc=w252-h623-no
TQ-d5bMSrPuRnGzwk3G8F8sNlSfCOhdwqS86mrP1SzU=s623-no

Feeling good! Doctor appointment this afternoon...

Yes, those are great pics mamma! Hope everything's going okay in overdue-land cormacks - unless labor started officially already :thumbup:

38 weeks here and starting to feel like the birth could really happen any time, or could still be weeks away :shrug: Contractions are becoming more uncomfortable and frequent, but no particular pattern or progression. Guess I'll just try to keep busy and keep moving and wait for the time to be right.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi hun!

Was meant to update earlier!

Went in on Monday morning for my post date check (40+2) all normal checks were fine
And I got an internal exam and a sweep OMG did the sweep hurt?:nope:

Any way here's my stats....

Baby is only 1/5th engaged (4/5ths) palpable

I am 1-2cms dilated

Cervix length is 1-2cms

Station is -3cms (no idea what that means):haha:

Consistency of cervix is average

And position of cervix is mid/anterior.

I have had constant cramping all Monday and Tuesday with tightenings too and I started losing little bits of plug yesterday and a great big dollop today! However the pain has eased off today and I have very little in the way of tightenings today:nope:

If I don't go before I have been booked in to the maternity assessment unit on the 20th to have a Propess pessary inserted to dilate cervix with the aim of breaking my waters the next day! Only problem is my son starts school on the 19th and I wasn't wanting to be in hospital the first few days of school, but if needs must then I have no choice!

Hi ladies!! so quick update.....cervix is starting to soften, but nothing on the dilation meter at this point. Baby is doing great, dr said just keep moving along as is until at least 39 weeks if all stays the same. Possibly induce around 39 weeks due to my pre-pregnancy high bp...it has been great and under control the whole pregnancy, thus why she isn't inducing this week or next. hubby and I so want it to just happen on it's own and not be induced:cry: obviously if it's for health reasons that's different, but since all is going well, hopefully we can make it to 40 weeks at least.....

how is everyone else doing??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->