Has anyone else already gained weight?

sarahbella i also feel minging lol, not everyday is sunshine and happiness unfortunately fallen angel x

Hi Ladies,

I originally lost 10lbs within the first few weeks, which In was not quite sure what was going on there, then went back to my normal weight and have gained 1lb, which I'm over the moon about although my tummy is getting a lot bigger and noticably prego, I'm 13 weeks ignore my tickers, they put me forward when I went for 12 week scan and cant seem to change them, lol, xx

I'm not being bitchy whatsoever, and I'm also more than aware that not everyday is sunshine and light thanks, but, for every day I have a living baby growing inside me, the last thing I'm going to be doing is whinging about feeling minging or putting on a few pounds. It comes with the territory and I'll glady take it thanks. I just look at it as not feeling minging and just feeling pregnant, which to me, is bloody marvellous.

Having tried for 2.5 years and having lost one baby, none of that means very much to me and if me saying to someone to embrace is is being bitchy, then come on, you're all a bit over-sensitive, don't you think?

I'm not being bitchy whatsoever, and I'm also more than aware that not everyday is sunshine and light thanks, but, for every day I have a living baby growing inside me, the last thing I'm going to be doing is whinging about feeling minging or putting on a few pounds. It comes with the territory and I'll glady take it thanks. I just look at it as not feeling minging and just feeling pregnant, which to me, is bloody marvellous.

Having tried for 2.5 years and having lost one baby, none of that means very much to me and if me saying to someone to embrace is is being bitchy, then come on, you're all a bit over-sensitive, don't you think?

with a reply like that i dont think its me being sensitive.. i love being pregnant and am embracing every moment as i expect all us pregnant woman are! BUT we are also entitled to have our down days and well within our right to be misserable if we like,, :winkwink:

and at what point did i say you were being bitchy?? lol

I dont weigh myself - so I have no idea! But my waist already feels thicker and bloated, but this is all normal...

v31984, I did not at any point say you said I was being bitchy.

Someone further down the thread made a comment to that effect, Raspberry I think.

Look, I'm 36 years old and I'm not about to start bickering on an internet forum, I merely come on here as a way of support and sharing experiences / information - giving support to others, because when I needed it, folk gave me the support I needed.

im also not here to give anyone grief or fall out with anyone, i just think sometimes you have to realise that not everyobody feels the same and sometimes its not possible to be happy all the time about certain things thats all.. fairenough to offer support etc but if you look back at your 1st post i think your see it wasnt much support being offered.. anyway i'll leave it at that as i dont want this thread turning into something not needed

I was already 15 pounds overweight pre-pregnancy, so I don't think I'm being ungrateful by being concerned about putting on more weight than I should in the first trimester. Aside from vanity, it puts me at risk of high blood pressure and gestational diabetes. :nope:

Just to mention that there's a thread on here (1st Trimester) where people are sharing experiences of being over the moon that they're pregnant but not feeling so great at the moment, without any negative comments, e.g., "Get over yourself". I posted on there after reading such comments as they aren't called for & don't help anyone. I think responses like that are the exception & defo need to be ignored!

I have just been weighed by the midwife and was mortified by what was staring back at me. I was weighing 10st 3lbs at my last appointment with hospitals etc, saw the figures 10st 9lbs looking at me. Gulp. That puts me on the borderline of Healthy/Overweight.

OH MY GOD!! Stressing out like you wouldn't believe.

I have just been weighed by the midwife and was mortified by what was staring back at me. I was weighing 10st 3lbs at my last appointment with hospitals etc, saw the figures 10st 9lbs looking at me. Gulp. That puts me on the borderline of Healthy/Overweight.

OH MY GOD!! Stressing out like you wouldn't believe.

Don't beat yourself up too much, hun. I've already tipped 11 stone. :hugs:

I don't weigh myself (too depressing), but I've noticed a little muffin-top action going on above my favorite pair of jeans and my fat jeans are looking good lately. So unfortunately I think that means I may be putting on weight already. With my first, I gained something ridiculous like 15lbs the first trimester. This time I'm trying to ignore the hunger and just deal with the nausea as a way to avoid some of the extra weight. So far it's not working... the weight seems to be packing on regardless.

I put on 10lbs already, mostly because my morning sickness was helped tremendously by eating. On top of not working 40 hours a week anymore, I work 15 and no longer visit the warehouse for special orders (which ended in me carrying 30lbs bags of dog food all over the place several times a day.)

Im not letting DH go to next appointment because I know the Dr is going to fuss at me, Ill be embarrassed :(

Do you know what, I apologise, I've re-read my post and admittedly, my "get over yourself" comment was rather snippety and uncalled for and like someone pointed out, unhelpful. :blush:

I wasn't meaning to come across in an un-toward manner, I was merely trying to say don't worry about the weight at all, just embrace it, it just comes hand in hand with being pregnant - and we're lucky enough to be pregnant.

I'm probably looking at things through my own window. I'm in the obese category after piling back on 24 lbs of the 50lbs I lost last year - I can be a terrible comfort eater and after we lost our baby last year, well, it was downhill from there for me. This accompanied with PCOS and well, tubby is me! But I'm happy with myself, it doesn't make me miserable. I have lots of girly lady bumps.

We were told we wouldn't be able to conceive naturally and I was just waiting to go into hospital for a couple of ops ahead of IVF, when bang, here we are. Our little miracle. So, in my context, weight is the last thing on my mind. Yes, I know I'm overweight, and I know of the increased risk in pregnancy, but in the grand scale of things it isn't that important. Plenty of overweight women have healthy babies.

Anyway, apologies once again, and I really do wish you all a lovely healthy, happy 9 months, because at the end of the day, that is all, we all want - isn' it :)

I've put loads of weight on. Well, it feels like it! None of my pants are comfy anymore. I ordered some Belly Bands from Asda. Should be here tomorrow.

We had a massive journey to get to this point. 6 miscarriages and a year of trying again. I'm trying to stay positive about the weight...and the sickness... and not eating nice food. But i know it can be hard.

At the end of the day, i keep thinking "Mike (OH) loves me. I am going to have a baby. One more day down" Kind puts the weight into perspective.

Another thing which helps is thinking "Stuff it. I'm gonna get fat anyways! I'll eat more cake" Perhaps that explains the weight gain .... ;-)

Well I've initially lost weight but I think that was running around with hubby away. My baby book says that in week 6 your metabolism increases by 25%, but somehow I suspect that won't save me in the next few weeks. LOL

I try to keep slim but having two close together I've decided I'll go into damage control after no.2 arrives. Until then - let them eat cake!!!!!

I've put loads of weight on. Well, it feels like it! None of my pants are comfy anymore. I ordered some Belly Bands from Asda. Should be here tomorrow.

We had a massive journey to get to this point. 6 miscarriages and a year of trying again. I'm trying to stay positive about the weight...and the sickness... and not eating nice food. But i know it can be hard.

At the end of the day, i keep thinking "Mike (OH) loves me. I am going to have a baby. One more day down" Kind puts the weight into perspective.

Another thing which helps is thinking "Stuff it. I'm gonna get fat anyways! I'll eat more cake" Perhaps that explains the weight gain .... ;-)

How could I not have said it like that :blush:

Good luck with this pregnancy and here's hoping your little bean is very, very, sticky x

And Baby Bands? From Asda, I'm off to look :)

Last time I got weighed I lost 5 pounds...Im not weighing myself anymore, but I feel faaaat.:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->