Help from mummies who co-sleep please

oliviarose

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Harrison is 14wks old now and his sleeping is getting worse as he is getting older. We are not getting more than 3hrs sleep at a time and he is not the best sleeper in the day. So as youcan imagine we are shattered. We also have a 7yr old daughter.

I am at my wits end, struggling alot at the mo as I am like a walking zombie.

Would like advice from all mums who co sleep. How do you do it with oh on the bed. How do make sure we do it all safely ? As this is something that really worries me.

Many thanks on advance xxx

if you read through some of the pages on Baby club, there are tons of threads like this with loads of advice.

You might find this link useful :thumbup:

https://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Children/pantley/cosleeping.html

I co sleep and have since Alex was about 10 weeks old. We separate our pillows and make a big gap and he sleeps there so he isnt under the covers. We have a throw rather than a duvet. I was a very nervous co-sleeper to begin with but now I dont want to stop - there's nothing better than waking up to his face in the morning :hugs:

We don't really co-sleep but in the mornings if I fancy a lie in and she's being quiet I have a quick nap with her in the bed.

I always go between her and OH, I put a pillow between the bedside table and the bed and make sure she is led on top of the duvet and that my pillow is no where near her face.
We have a super king size bed, so I don't feel like I'm so close to her that I could roll over on top of her.

I'm lucky enough to have a king size bed so (making sure any gap at the side is fully blocked) I put LO on one side with plenty of room and me n OH cuddle up on the other side, that way there is no duvet or pillows or anything near her.

I was a really nervous co-sleeper at first but I'm going to miss it now (she's going into her cot this week - even though it's right next to my bed it feels like miles away!), it actually feels safer with her in my bed because I'm always aware of her breathing n close enough to just open my eyes n see she's ok :) xxx

you will sleep ions better if you cosleep. we also separate our pillows so there's no pillow above her. she sleeps in between us and i do use my cover on her. she sleeps with her head at about my chest level so our duvet covers both of us just past the waist. she likes to fall asleep all cuddled up to me but then i move back a few inches so she doesn't end up with her face against me. OH uses a separate duvet. she sleeps 12 hours a night as opposed to one hour in her crib.

Cosleeping is fantastic. We use single duvets each so what happens is LO may start off in between us under her own blankets and DH and I each wrap our duvets round us. I alternate during the night so she can feed from alternate breasts and if she is not between us, she sleeps on the side that the crib is pushed up against that way DH and I can cuddle. If DH has had even an ounce of wine, he sleeps in spare room.

hi olivia rose, i had a hard time too, there was a period where i have to hold him all night, my OH and I took turns on this, and during the day, i carry him all the time even in the loo, oh my, i just remember posting a thread about it, i was wandering what my LO thinks, while i was sitting in it, bas smell perhaps. LOL! I thought this set-up will last forever but thankfully it didnt, its just a phase, it will end soon as LO will find his sleeping rhythm.
As for OH , since his a bee(snore loudly) n sometimes jerks when in deep sleep, he lies at the bottom of the bed , and since his taller than the bed width, we have to put the piano chair as extension for his feet to rest! But everything's back to normal, just brace urself dear, it will not last long!

Hi ladies thanks for all of your advice. Am really undecided about what to do for the best. It takes a while but I manage to hey him in his cot at start of the night, but come 10pm he is awake and around every 2-2hrs after that.

This morning he slept soundly next to me for 2hrs and only woke up because of the alarm. I just really worry about rolling onto him. Buy not sleeping all night is really taking it's toll on me now xxx

I put my arm round her, duvet up to her waist and my other arm over the top of the duvet so it doesnt go any higher.
Im not looking forward to her leaving our bed, I love it. she feels safe, I can feel her breathe and i get to bond with her :cloud9:

As far as im concerened she can stay there until she wants to leave.
You will find room in your bed trust me :thumbup: And i promise you will sleep better :hugs:

agree with above..
but you will probably feel slightly nervous about it the first few times..
I get such a good nights sleep cause i just go straight back to sleep and i think it has a good effect on him too as the room stays dark and quiet so he knows after he's fed its still time to sleep..works like a charm..
I absolutely love cosleeping now..i get alot of comments about how its going to be hard to wean him from it and i wont be able to do it soon as hes gonna start rolling too much..but i ignore it..i know whats safe for my baby and i...and i feel safest, most relaxed and happy when he's in bed with me..
most importantly though..its about finding a technique your comfortable with..if you do decide to try it..
some people keep their pillows and duvets away..i share my duvet with him but keep it only upto his wait and wedge it into the bed so it doesnt move and keep my arm over the top of him x

Thanks again for the advice ladies.

Well he spent the first part of the night in his cot (till 1.30) and then was in with us. O made a big space at my end of the bed, got ridof the dicey on my side and I shared Harrisons blanket.

He didn't sleep any better thou, do you think he needs time to get used to it? After getting into our bed, he was up every couple of hrs and he was screaming everytime he woke up. Xxx

AMELIA sleeps in between us, we put her head high enough up so she doesnt go under the covers. I breastfeed so is is mostly glued to my chest all night lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->