HELP With Infant Eczema!

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
I can't make it to the doctor until tomorrow morning, but I've been up every hour with my son because of his itching head for the last few nights. It breaks my heart to see him that itchy, AND annoys me cuz I can't sleep at night!!

The doctor was given a low dose of hydrocortazone (sp), and that worked on his body, just isn't working on his head. Any advise of ways to treat it until I can get him to the doctor tomorrow???? It's so bad :(

Thanks!!

You could try brushing with a soft baby hair brush - although that wouldn't have immediate results.

Also you could try washing with Oilatum, and rubbing olive oil on. Some people find Sudacrem helps too.

What strength cream have you got ? My LO has that stuff too and its starting to clear on his face but its spreading all over his chest and tummy :(

My doc said use e45 but i dont think its had any effect

my LO had mild eczema and i used oilatum in her bath but also rubbing baby oil or olive oil helped sooth her a little before bede time/ nap time

hope the doctor gives you something better because its horrible where their unhappy and you cant sleep x

Poor baby. My LO's has just started to clear up (touch wood!) I've found betnovate good to stop the itch and epaderm has been excellent at clearing up the dryness.

Stick with the hydrocortisone and keep LO oiled up?! Don't really know of anything other than that. Sorry - not much help!

Poor baby. My LO's has just started to clear up (touch wood!) I've found betnovate good to stop the itch and epaderm has been excellent at clearing up the dryness.

Stick with the hydrocortisone and keep LO oiled up?! Don't really know of anything other than that. Sorry - not much help!

My baby doesn't have eczema but I have psoriasis and use these creams and find them pretty good. Also, I wash my hair every day as I find my scalp much more comfortable with freshly washed and dried hair, I think it's where it itches so skin builds up after a while and makes it more umcomfortable, so maybe try washing his hair with baby shampoo

I feel your pain!
My baby boy has eczema as well, his face is just starting to clear up thanks to Aveeno Eczema Lotion and a hydrocortisone cream.... two nights ago he was screaming bloody murder because of the itch, poor baby.. For his head I would use a soft brush (brushing in gentle circles) and baby oil, or a cooking oil... obviously washing it out afterwards in the bath... I also find putting baby oil right into his bath water tends to help him all over, scalp included.

Mittys might be a good idea too, to keep him from scratching... Ive had my poor little guys hands mitted up for two days now, but its allowing him time to heal, and the mittys give him something to chew on without his actual hands getting all slobbery... :rofl:

If his scalp is real bad, I imagine the doc might prescribe a special sort of shampoo?
Hope your LO starts feeling better soooooooooon!

:hugs::hugs:

Eczema is a phrase used to describe a wide range of different skin problems that trouble people throughout their lives, from babies, infants to fully grown adults. Eczema symptoms can affect infants in various ways, from the slight redness of the skin to relentless itching. The following steps to be followed to cure the in positive manner Moisturize the baby's skin regularly by liberally applying moisturizing products. Bathe the baby regularly to keep the baby's skin hydrated. Control infant eczema flare-ups by staying away from products that the baby is observed to be allergic to. Use hypoallergenic products as much as possible. When eczema is successfully managed, there is little or no need for cortisone which has negative side effects.

My LO had really bad eczema, she had this crust from her chest up covering her hole head. Google "rooibos tea" or "redbush tea" for babies. It's a South African herbal tea. You get it in most supermarkets, health shops or speciality tea shops. I brewed a few bags really strong and used cotton facial pads to wipe her skin with the cooled down tea. (I have it in a bottle next to hear change table now). Then let I dry and use a good eczema moisturizer after that ( my dr said QV ). In two days the irritation and inflammation was better and a 4 days later you couldn't see a spot of eczema anywhere.

It's also good for nappy rash.... really bad nappy rash you can put the used teabags, that's cooled down between her bum crack and put the nappy on and leave it there for a while.

My mum gave me the tea as a baby to drink, it's good for colic and wind...

Hope this helps.

Eucerin Aquafor is another good one. Also how old is your LO? My niece is 4 and has horrible eczema and the dermatologist determined she has a milk allergy. She's cut out about 95% of her milk intake and it's really helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->