Here A Week Early

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Some of you I'll recognise from 2nd tri but failing that, nice to meet you all!

I'm 26 weeks on Sunday but thought I'd jump over a bit early as my final trimester will finish a bit early on Christmas Eve when I'll be 38+2.

I'll be having an elective C section :)

Fifth and final baby.

Has anyone ever had a Christmas baby before? I've two other December babies but they were 12th and 14th so I didn't have that stay in hospital over the Christmas period so no idea what to expect :)

I've got growth scans booked in the mean time to break the time up a bit. I swear this pregnancy has flown by. It really doesn't feel like I'm due to give birth in 12 weeks. It's insane. I should get started on the bags for me and little lady soon just to be prepared but I forget what to take and I should be a pro at this now lol

I had dd2 (induced vba2c) dec 22. I came home dec 24 and on christmas we were at my family celebration. I wouldnt recommend that but I did it.

They didnt treat me any differently.

If me and hubby have one more baby I wud lone a christmas baby. Any time in December wid be so cool. I'm a christmas baby myself I was born on 17th December and I love it.

I'm not planning on ttc any time soon because I just had my wee boy on monday. Hes 5 days old now. But I'm 39 and will be the big 4 0 in December:shock:

So gonna give it 2 years so I can enjoy little man.

The only other date they could offer me was NYE due to the lists being all full and the bank holidays. I had reduced movement with my last pregnancy and then my son was born at 37+3, so I wasn’t really relishing the idea of being pregnant any longer than I had to be as I’d have been 39+2 then and I just want her out to know she is safe.

I had the fear that I’d be delivering her on my own but luckily, my dad is coming over from France for Christmas so with any luck, even just for a couple of hours, my husband can be with me while she is being delivered and while we get settled into recovery and then the ward.

It was miserable with Jack as although my husband was there during delivery, he pretty much had to leave straight away from recovery to relieve our babysitter as it was quite late by then so we didn’t get any bonding time together. Hopefully this time it’ll be different.

This weekend has been a nightmare for being accident prone. Yesterday, I tripped over the hoover wire, bumped into Carys, sent her flying and had to stop myself landing on my own stomach so my knee took the brunt of it when I fell. Today, I tripped over the rug, wasn’t as bad though and then I fell down a step tonight. Luckily again, not an awful landing. I hope I’ve had my unlucky 3’s now.

Congratulations Suggerhoney on your little boy! :D how are you both doing? X

Fingers crossed that your husband can be there with you :hugs:

Hi everyone, it’s been a while since i did a little update, but better late than never.

So, nearly 30 weeks and I’m now officially uncomfortable. She moves around pretty constant and some of the movements, omg.... they sometimes have me worried that she’s trying to escape. She kicks me with such force sometimes that I have had to start wearing pads because she causes me to pee a little lol! Need to work on those kagel exercises but I don’t always remember.

It’s so weird to think that she’ll be here in just over 8 weeks!

I’ve a fair few appointments to keep me busy to break the time up a bit.

No, not long.

oh, one thing I forgot to mention. I’m not complaining as such, I’m just baffled. I haven’t gained any weight this pregnancy at all. I thought my scales were broken until I got weighed at the hospital and I am the same weight as when I had my booking appointment. I’m not complaining. The baby is growing as she should so I’m not concerned. Just unusual as even though I’ve had a gastric bypass, there’s always been some weight gain at this point. Ha! You watch, I’ll wake up one morning and will have gained 2st out of nowhere lol

Not long for me either and I’m getting really nervous and anxious last time I had a baby was nine years ago and we lived with my mom and dad and my mom really helped me raise my daughter when she was a new born now I’m freaking out can I do it

Don’t worry, Sunflower! You’ve got this. I remember feeling extremely nervous when I was having my 2nd as it was a different relationship, a while since I’d had a baby and I’d struggled a fair bit with him so I was really worried about how I’d cope.

To be honest, i found i was able to cope better second time round as there were little things that I remembered from before that I was able to utilise with my newborn. I also enjoyed having the space and chance to bond and develop our own routine without anyone else’s input apart from his dad.
We settled into our own little bubble and my eldest loved being a big brother.

I’m now on my 5th baby, the nerves never go away. You’re always wondering what you’re letting yourself in for. I worry more about how my other children will cope with a new baby and fresh upheaval more than I worry about anything else but I just think worrying goes with the territory.

You’ve totally got this, you’ll be fine and if you do need a bit of help, I’m sure there are people out there only too glad to help. :) x

Today, it’s like now I’ve hit 30 weeks, this baby has decided to cause me as much discomfort as she can lol.

I’ve had her rolling around which to look at, looks like she’s underneath a duvet turning over and it is freaky as anything haha.
I’ve got the gym ball out to roll back and forth on as my back hurts a lot. I find i don’t get a lot of sleep as the jabs she gives startle me awake.
I’m constantly needing to wee, so I think she’s starting to drop a little. I just need her to stay put for the next 7 weeks at least but at the rate she’s going, I’m worried she’ll try and get out earlier.

I’ve 2 more growth scans, one on 11th November and one on 12th December (Jack’s 1st birthday as well lol). A decision will get made as to whether to leave my c section date as Christmas Eve or bring it forward. I think this is being based on how she’s growing and also the movements side of it too. I remember Jack being quite active and then he just stopped moving, so this was why he ended up being delivered earlier.

Don’t worry, Sunflower! You’ve got this. I remember feeling extremely nervous when I was having my 2nd as it was a different relationship, a while since I’d had a baby and I’d struggled a fair bit with him so I was really worried about how I’d cope.

To be honest, i found i was able to cope better second time round as there were little things that I remembered from before that I was able to utilise with my newborn. I also enjoyed having the space and chance to bond and develop our own routine without anyone else’s input apart from his dad.
We settled into our own little bubble and my eldest loved being a big brother.

I’m now on my 5th baby, the nerves never go away. You’re always wondering what you’re letting yourself in for. I worry more about how my other children will cope with a new baby and fresh upheaval more than I worry about anything else but I just think worrying goes with the territory.

You’ve totally got this, you’ll be fine and if you do need a bit of help, I’m sure there are people out there only too glad to help. :) x

Today, it’s like now I’ve hit 30 weeks, this baby has decided to cause me as much discomfort as she can lol.

I’ve had her rolling around which to look at, looks like she’s underneath a duvet turning over and it is freaky as anything haha.
I’ve got the gym ball out to roll back and forth on as my back hurts a lot. I find i don’t get a lot of sleep as the jabs she gives startle me awake.
I’m constantly needing to wee, so I think she’s starting to drop a little. I just need her to stay put for the next 7 weeks at least but at the rate she’s going, I’m worried she’ll try and get out earlier.

I’ve 2 more growth scans, one on 11th November and one on 12th December (Jack’s 1st birthday as well lol). A decision will get made as to whether to leave my c section date as Christmas Eve or bring it forward. I think this is being based on how she’s growing and also the movements side of it too. I remember Jack being quite active and then he just stopped moving, so this was why he ended up being delivered earlier.

yes your right I hope I will be fine thanks

I'm awake at this time with Braxton Hicks going on and the baby moving about.

I've got this irrational fear that my waters are going to go and she is going to come ridiculously early. It's worrying me a bit. I have no idea why. I think it's the severity of her movements. As her placenta is posterior, they're much more pronounced so I hope I'm fretting over nothing.

This heartburn is driving me mad :(

I'm also feeling really exhausted. I think it's where I'm up a lot through the night with her moving and the Braxton Hicks but then I think I've just hit an energy slump too.

Still not got any weight gain. I'm just waiting for those scales to shoot up over night lol. Just under 7 weeks to go til c section day, not that I'm counting down or anything lol.

I got a bargain from facebook earlier. A rocking chair with stool for £20 and I paid £5 for delivery. I'm very happy as always wanted a rocking chair :D

I'm with you on the heartburn! I was awake at 3am this morning to take some ranitidine with a glass of milk, my throat is still sore from the acid! I did smash a dominos before bed though so its probably self inflicted heartburn :haha:

Love a bargain! I'm a sucker for ebayers:)

Ohhh dominos. I loved their sizzler pizza but I don't think they do it anymore. I've always got to have the stuffed crust as well. It's just not the same without it.

I've got a thing for beauty subscription boxes at the minute too so I'm constantly trawling for bargains. I've learnt about so many different brands since I signed up for these boxes and I've been having fun pampering myself figuring out new beauty regimes. I have to pass the time somehow in between being security guard to my other kids lmao!

Hmmm no I don't think they do it anymore! We had the cheeseburger pizza, it was heavenly but oh my god... a real killer on the old heartburn that's for sure :haha:

Of course you do! I've really missed pampering myself on this pregnancy, I'm a sucker for makeup and fussing around with my hair, but I seem to wear hardly any makeup these days and my greys are coming through due to not dying my hair since I was around 12 weeks pregnant hahaha! I need to shape up!!! :haha: theres me wanting my nails and my eyelashes done before I go into labour and I just cant be arsed!

Ohhhhh the exhaustion!

32 weeks on sunday and the past couple of days, I've had the worst energy slump going.

I feel drained after doing the simplest of tasks and like I could sleep for a week.

I made dinner ready for later to save faffing about once the kids are in from nursery. That took about 45 mins to sort and then that was it. I'm like "Nope!" and I've had to come back to bed. My poor husband has cancelled his shift tonight at work to help me out. I'm lucky I have him to help to be honest. I don't know how he puts up with me sometimes. I got so emotional over how tired I've been getting, he felt so sorry for me.

I'm just hoping she stays in for at least 5 weeks now. Once 37 weeks, I'll not worry as much. 5 weeks feels like a life time away when you're hoping that everything develops fine.

Anyone else hit this energy slump at this point? I don't remember getting this as bad with the others.

I hope it's temporary and I get my energy back

I've not had energy from day one on this pregnancy! I thought first trimester was bad, it's been the whole 9 months ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->