Here A Week Early

My other children are way too young to be sitting around in the hospital while I have my c section unfortunately plus there is no one to sit with them even if my husband was able to come in so that's that idea scuppered too :( They'll be 4, 2 and 1 so definitely not up for waiting about. They're not patient at the best of times as you could probably imagine lol.

I've sort of got my head round going in on my own. It is what it is and as long as she comes out safely, that's my biggest priority. I did ask the hospital over whether I'd be able to video call my husband and got told it shouldn't be a problem but it's down to the discretion of the surgeon. To be honest, I'd be very shocked if they said no to a vulnerable pregnant woman going through surgery on her own, on Christmas Eve, away from her family. You'd have to be someone extremely heartless to refuse something like that so I'm hoping with everything that I get a surgeon who is ok with it. As I say, not like I want to show the whole thing, just her being shown when lifted out so my husband can see her and then when shes weighed and gone through her vitals etc.

I can't believe how close it is now. She has definitely started to drop a lot more. She's grown a lot more and I've actually gained 3lb now lol. Can't grumble with that and I won't. I'm thinking I'll probably lose that when she's born anyway.

18 more days! Not looking forward to the soreness but I am looking forward to having my body back and having her here :D

Had my final growth scan today and all fine. She's approx 5lb 13oz at the point.
Head down and quite low.

I had an appointment with the doctor/consultant after and I out of nowhere broke down unexpectedly. I think it really hit me at that point that I would be going in for my c section on my own and I got really upset. The doctor has done a request to see if I can get a slot either on the 20th or 23rd so here is hoping. I won't get my hopes up too much, just incase but yeah, the closer it's getting, I guess it's becoming a lot realer and I am scared. I don't know how women do this when they have no choice and I've a newfound respect for them.

It was Jack's 1st birthday today. I can't believe this time last year, I was heading down to be prepped for surgery. Quite an emotional day all round to be honest lol

No phone call yet about a free slot. To be honest, feel like I’m pinning my hopes on nothing. I’m in single figures now as of midnight, omg!

Feeling exhausted and very snappy today. I've no patience for anything whatsoever.

I came up for a nap this afternoon and when I came downstairs, the house looked like a bomb had hit it. I'm worried about what I'm going to come back to when I come back from hospital and it is seriously affecting my mood.

I feel like my husband let's the kids run rings round him. They get into everything so I've a feeling a lot of stuff of mine is going to be trashed when I come home. Partly why I haven't bothered wrapping any christmas presents I think. I just think they're going to end up finding them and doing what they want and he won't be able to stop them in time. I feel like a horrible wife lol. It's just I have a system here and they're going to take full advantage when I'm gone, I can see it.

I'll have to brace myself :rofl:

Thank you! :D

Hope your week is off to a good start :)

Looking good hun :) I miss my bump, however I don't miss being pregnant!!

I already know I'll miss my bump but not being pregnant, especially with how uncomfortable I am at the minute.

I got very emotional this afternoon. Proper broke down and had a good cry lol.

Towards the end of the day, I got an email from the hospital to say that my pre op appt date had been changed from Monday to this friday so I'm waiting til tomorrow to find out if I have a slot for c section on Monday now or if they just had to cancel anyway and c section is still next tuesday. I'll have to update but as per, they sent out the email towards the end of the day and when I tried to ring to find out what was happening, no one was there.

At least if the c sections on Monday, there's a better chance of my husband being able to be there.

I'm sorry you had an emotional afternoon :hugs:

Fx your husband will be able to be there.

Everything crossed for you that it works out hubby can be there!! Good luck xxx

Feeling so down :(

I don't even see the point in elaborating. I got it made clear to me earlier by a supposed friend that no one cares about me or my kids so I'll just leave it there.

She doesn't sound much of a friend hun! Ditch her :)

Louise was born by c section on 23rd December at 12:25pm, weighing 6lb 10oz. Absolutely perfect. Love her to bits :D

20191223_192805.jpg

Thank you :) My husband also got to be there which was lovely. He wasn't able to stay long after but at least he got to see her being born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->