Holiday clothes question

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Zarababy1, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

Charlie will be 14 months when we go on holiday, hes in 9-12 now but most of them are a little big for him so i have a few questions.....

1] What size to ge him, 12-18? or will he still be in 9-12 then??
    2] Do i get him little t-shirts so his sholders are coverd up, or do i get him little vests so hes nice and cool and just put extra sun cream on his sholders?
    3] Will he be ok swimming in his little shorts or will he need his back and his tummy covering??
    4] If i go with little vests ware on earth do i get them from!?

All of your help will be greatley appriciated!

2. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I would prob try keep him covered as much as poss. You can get them little swimming suit things for babys so there covered up, not great looking, but better than an accidently burnt baby!

3. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

oh yeah i forgot to mention charlies quite dark skinned so does that mean he wont be AS sensitive in the sun?

4. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

We've got these for Seth when (if!) we go on our hols

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=71404031&mcb=core

He's also pretty small for his age but we're getting him some slightly bigger clothes, rather they'd be a bit baggy than too tight in the heat.

Also we've bought hima couple of linen shirts for the evenings to stop him getting bitten hopefully :)

I know thats not much help, we're having the same dilemma.

xxx

5. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

im worryed he'll get too warm in a little wet suit tho! thats lovely that one linzi cheers! when u going?

6. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

Hopefully Cyprus or Greece if we ever get it booked, supposed to be our honeymoon. *edit* oops we're going in middle of June

Where are yous off?

xxx

7. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

were going Spet! Going to manorca ours is kind of a late honey moon! we have soooo much going on after the wedding so were going then! i cant wait!!!

8. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

Aww yeah itll be great :) Not long to go, you getting excited?

xxx

9. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

yep cant wait!!!

10. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

We had the same problem holiday in June to Portugal Kaysie will be 13 months, but been buying bits for a while, and didnt know 9-12 or 12-18, I found it depended on each individual item as some look massive and others tiny.

If you decide on a few vests, matalans sell them x

11. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

we first took Jack to gran canaria when he was 13 months old and I would defo put him in one of those wet suits they are factor 40 and skin is much more likely to get burnt in the water. you can get the thin ones from places like next he wont overheat in it. and i would take sleevless tops and t-shirts and I would always make sure he wears one of those swim hat things with the bit at the back that protects his neck x